Sign in to follow this  
kingkong1

New Fatigue system

player setCustomAimCoef 0.1;player addMPEventhandler ["MPRespawn", {player setCustomAimCoef 0.1}];player setUnitRecoilCoefficient 0.1;player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {player setUnitRecoilCoefficient 0.1}];player enablefatigue falseplayer addEventHandler ["Respawn", {player enablefatigue false}];

Just add this to the initPlayerLocal.sqf to fix this for good.

There's an official legacy Fatigue mod on the workshop by BIS, and uploaded by Jezuro.

• Like 1

There's an official legacy Fatigue mod on the workshop by BIS, and uploaded by Jezuro.

There are comments on the mod saying it doesn't work, but I suspect they are trying to use it in MP.  Does this fix weapons sway too?  If not I was pointed to this mod: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26266 (single player only)

player setCustomAimCoef 0.1;

Wow, that's quite extrem. 0.1 means nearly no sway at all.

I havent really been active in these forums, but this time I'll have to post. 

Been a few months away from Arma3 and now it's nearly unplayable for me. FPS has dropped from 60+ to ~40 with same settings than before (and it really doesnt matter if I lower the settings).

But the thing that really buggers me is the new aiming system, it's infuriating, I just cannot play this game like this. And just when I thought that Arma series has finally gotten normal and enjoyable controls. Now it's like drunken fighting.

If this game goes to this direction then it's over for me.

• Like 2

Been a few months away from Arma3 and now it's nearly unplayable for me. FPS has dropped from 60+ to ~40 with same settings than before (and it really doesnt matter if I lower the settings).

That's probably an issue on your side. FPS have stayed the same for me since month.

Now it's like drunken fighting.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=567737932

Not the solution we all hoped for, but it's one at least. There are also other mods if you dislike the workshop

Personally i find no issue with fatigue (although i rarely play on public servers, FUSION have it disabled for PvP) and the audio is much better in this version. The new grenade sounds are much better.

That's probably an issue on your side. FPS have stayed the same for me since month.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=567737932

Not the solution we all hoped for, but it's one at least. There are also other mods if you dislike the workshop

No problems with the PC. Been reading others saying the same.

I forgot to add the superhuman sniper AI which is just ridiculous. They can one-shot you with iron sights from like 600m easily. Just snap... headshot.

I forgot to add the superhuman sniper AI which is just ridiculous. They can one-shot you with iron sights from like 600m easily. Just snap... headshot.

This + insane recoil and sway, especially for sniper rifles, for human players = major problem.  Drunken firing is an apt expression to describe the current sway.  And I am rather shocked that a BI dev (Jezuro) feels it is necessary to release a Legacy fatigue mod so close to Nexus release.  And the several anti-Nexus sway mods also just released should tell BI something.

Look at the first comment on the Workshop page for that mod:

CaptainFluffyPants Dec 2 @ 10:28pm 
It's really stupid. Don't know why they had to go and screw up Arma 3 with a new stamina system. This mod doesn't do anything except make it impossible to aim or control your character in anyway. Thank God Rainbow six siege is out cause Arma just ain't working for me anymore. It's a true shame and I hope they fix this or do something.

Hopefully BI will quietly and completely nerf the drunken sway and recoil soon.

• Like 2

And we told them over and over in the dev branch. Still they did it, and that without any discussion or explanation except one post about them working on this for very long.

• Like 1

The animations for crouched position are weird. Weapons swaying and when you pan the horizon slowly the animation isnt played so the result is weird shaking etc.

Super annoying... who thought this is a good idea?

:angry:  I try to shoot the enemies but it is impossible .. it seems, I'm on top of a boat trying to hit a target, it's ridiculous, stupid, this was one of the worst "Patch" ever .. from ArmA 1 never saw a something so stupid ..

Remove once this new authenticates crap "Sway".

When things are good it has to go move to spoil what was good .. how stupid ..

Not to mention the players of the old school, who turn away more and more of these things almost impossible to hit the targets now .. basically have almost cheating using scripts and reduce values that should already be default in the game.

From today's dev branch update:

Tweaked: Adjusted the magnitude of weapon sway levels; increased stability in rested and deployed states to provide more benefit for active reduction of weapon sway and reward tactical gameplay

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-34#entry2949177

• Like 1

Last time Bohemia changed their weapon recoils, the designers actually shot the rifles. But this time? I guess the related designers didn't really try sprinting for 60 seconds and then keep jogging 30 km with a "light" vest and rifle loadout, before they assumed that all real life soldiers can do that. The new stamina system somehow destroyed the authentic feelings of military simulation (the good part) and made Arma more likely a (failed) arcade shooting game. What a shame.

• Like 2

If I may make a suggesstion to either BI or a talented modder.

Make a separate option in game settings to adjust

1) fatigue............................................Slide Control/scale

2) stamina...........................................Slide Control/scale

3) Weapon Sway.................................Slide Control/scale

4) Breathing Sound Effects. ...............On/Off

To be fair, these settings would also affect AI and/or Players on a given server. This is deffinately one of those times when I wished I was capable of understanding the coding needed to work on mods.