{
	_video = "<Video_file.ogv>";
	_screen = <screen_name>;
	_screen setObjectTexture [0, _video]; 
	[_video, [10, 10]] call BIS_fnc_playVideo;
}, [], 0, false, false, "", "_this == player"]

No need a trigger either.

Hello guys.
 I'm noob in Eden editor, so, what i'm about? Ah, yeah... On my ARMA 3 (1.82) your script doesn't work. I don't know why! I'll tired. 
 I do how you write:
1. Make folder DataTerminal
2. Make 2 files in .sqf format: OpenTerminal.sqf; CloseTerminal.sqf.
3. Put 2 files in folder. Then, i put folder in my mission.
4. Spawn in editor Terminal (Land_DataTerminal_01_F)
5. Write all what needed in init of terminal.
6. Start mission. I have interaction menu with "open", but when i press on enter (or space, or wheel of mouse, you understand) nothing happened. If you want, i can send a video with that. Help plz!

1 hour ago, Snoopy_Snoopy said:

Hello guys.
 I'm noob in Eden editor, so, what i'm about? Ah, yeah... On my ARMA 3 (1.82) your script doesn't work. I don't know why! I'll tired. 
 I do how you write:
1. Make folder DataTerminal
2. Make 2 files in .sqf format: OpenTerminal.sqf; CloseTerminal.sqf.
3. Put 2 files in folder. Then, i put folder in my mission.
4. Spawn in editor Terminal (Land_DataTerminal_01_F)
5. Write all what needed in init of terminal.
6. Start mission. I have interaction menu with "open", but when i press on enter (or space, or wheel of mouse, you understand) nothing happened. If you want, i can send a video with that. Help plz!

Hello!

Try this script. Put the data terminal in the editor first.

When you interact with the object, a task will be automatically created. You can change the task's description in the script. Then you can finish the task by putting a trigger with the code from the last post as activation with a custom condition you choose.

2 hours ago, Snoopy_Snoopy said:

... On my ARMA 3 (1.82)

Why are you running last April's build of the game?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, black_hawk_mw2_87 said:

Hello!

Try this script. Put the data terminal in the editor first.

When you interact with the object, a task will be automatically created. You can change the task's description in the script. Then you can finish the task by putting a trigger with the code from the last post as activation with a custom condition you choose.

Thanks. Try this. Where to paste it?

Edited by Snoopy_Snoopy

5 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Why are you running last April's build of the game?

'Cuz other's can't launch on my PC :( 
So, i don't know why, but i'm trying to deal with that problem.

And yes, i know, it's looking very stupid, but it's arma! 

Edited by Snoopy_Snoopy
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Snoopy_Snoopy said:

Thanks. Try this. Where to paste it?

Well, the first code that I mentioned in my post, should be placed inside terminal's init field. When you open in, it will create a task that can be customized as description according to your mission's needs. When you accomplish the task, you can create a task module - succeeded, and connect it to the player with the appropriate condition in it in order to finish the task. This task should contain the same name and description. The better way is to use the second code, provided by BIS and put it into a trigger with the condition needed, and the other part, that should be activated, when the condition is activated, should be placed inside the other field - On Activation. In other words, when the task meets the requirements, the code will be activated and the task will be finished.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, black_hawk_mw2_87 said:

Well, the first code that I mentioned in my post, should be placed inside terminal's init field. When you open in, it will create a task that can be customized as description according to your mission's needs. When you accomplish the task, you can create a task module - succeeded, and connect it to the player with the appropriate condition in it in order to finish the task. This task should contain the same name and description. The better way is to use the second code, provided by BIS and put it into a trigger with the condition needed, and the other part, that should be activated, when the condition is activated, should be placed inside the other field - On Activation. In other words, when the task meets the requirements, the code will be activated and the task will be finished.

Oh my god, thanks you! Now, i have 1 question. Does it work with more than two terminals?

4 hours ago, Snoopy_Snoopy said:

Oh my god, thanks you! Now, i have 1 question. Does it work with more than two terminals?

It would work, but you need to change the text inside the terminal. Check carefully where task0 is pointed and change it to task1, task2 etc. Then change the text of the next task and create the next succeed task module as I told you before. It should be done the same way. Just point where your next task is without connecting the trigger with the condition from the previous task to the next one or it will be created, when the first one is done, and before you activate the next data terminal. If you do it, the task will be once more activated. Which is kind of... strange... 😄

• Thanks 1