KokaKolaA3

How to open the Land_DataTerminal_01_F (Data-Terminal) Nexus Update

And how do you close a video? I would like to let the player stop the video and close terminal at any time.

_object = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;
_object removeaction _id;
sleep 1;
with uiNamespace do {
    disableserialization;
    _object setObjectTexture [0,""]; 
	_scr = BIS_RscMissionScreen displayCtrl 1100;
	_scr ctrlSetText "";
    (uiNamespace getVariable "BIS_RscMissionScreen") closeDisplay 1;

_scr ctrlCommit 0;
};
_openaction = [[_object,["Turn On","DataTerminal\WatchTV.sqf"]],"addAction",true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

This way, sound keeps playing. halp :(

Hello everyone.

Thanks for the code.
Now I would like to be able to add an info as with the info file, after closing the data terminal.
Here is my code for the terminal:

_id = _this select 2;
[_object, 3] call BIS_fnc_dataTerminalAnimate;
Hint "Piracy in progress ...";
Sleep 5;
_closeaction = [[_object, ["Close", "DataTerminal\CloseTerminal.sqf"]], "addAction", true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

But I do not see where to add the command line to get the info like the intel_info_f
help please.

On 3/18/2017 at 5:16 PM, ricoarma said:

But I do not see where to add the command line to get the info like the intel_info_f

I don't understand what you want to do

15 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

I don't understand what you want to do

After opening the data terminal, I would add a task to the log without having to go through ZEUS ...

Does anyone know how to add sound to this instead of video?

Thanks in advance!

Right now I have sound playing from a trigger placed over the terminal but would prefer if the sound file would play on the opening of the terminal.

Edited by Dan Tronic

Hi everybody!
Here, I would like to know how to use the data terminal as in the showcase of End Game.
That is to say with the progress bar.

Like this :

I try to extract the mission, but I do not find where the script with the data terminal, as well as the progress bar ...

Thank you for your help.

hello,
After opening the dataTerminal, I want to explode a smoke.!
Someone to help me? Thank you

4 hours ago, ricoarma said:

hello,
After opening the dataTerminal, I want to explode a smoke.!
Someone to help me? Thank you

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgMagazines
there you can find the smoke shell Classnames. Try to use some sort of createVehicle or so, not sure if that command is the right one, but you can find others here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_Arma_3

20 hours ago, KokaKolaA3 said:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgMagazines
there you can find the smoke shell Classnames. Try to use some sort of createVehicle or so, not sure if that command is the right one, but you can find others here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_Arma_3

Great, thank you
But I found by myself, I share the script :)

//// CLOSE ////
_id = _this select 2;
_smoke = _this select 3;
[_object,0] call BIS_fnc_dataTerminalAnimate;
hint "Piraty finish !";
sleep 5;
_openaction = [[_object,["Open","DataTerminal\OpenTerminal.sqf"]],"addAction",true] call BIS_fnc_MP;
_smoke = "SmokeShell" createVehicle (position _object);
_smoke attachTo [_object];

Seems as though the 2nd screen on the data terminal can't be changed through commands anymore. When I use this setObjectTexture [0, "mypic.paa"]; it will change the picture on the left. Using this setObjectTexture [1, "mypic.paa"]; has no effect on the right screen. I've manipulated both screens in the past, and in my recent effort I even did a copy/paste from a previous mission and it doesn't work. Then I checked my previous mission that used to work, and it no longer works. Anyone else see the same issue?

edit: Nevermind. Problem was on my end I guess. Maybe restarting the game helped?

8 hours ago, BadHabitz said:

Anyone else see the same issue?

Working OK for me.

1A74D984A019DAA392CEC8EF8EE31FAD9A54E3F2

3 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Working OK for me.

Thanks for taking a look. I did several things to troubleshoot what my problem was. Everything was looking good, so I opened up the mission I was having trouble in... and it was working fine. Strange. 

Can someone show an example of custom ogv in init using this? 

[myDataTerminal,3] call BIS_fnc_dataTerminalAnimate;

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

Hi TB

Do you still have this available?

Thanks

No mate. Sorry, its long gone.

• Like 1

The example mission is no more available...

I am trying to create a task for my current mission using the data terminal (Land_DataTerminal_01_F) from Things/Military in the Eden editor. I am using a script in object's init field that automatically creates a task which Title and Description can be modified inside the script. This is the script I have used:

MGITerminal1 = this;
[MGITerminal1,"red","orange","green"] call BIS_fnc_dataTerminalColor;
MGITerminal1 addAction ["Activate terminal",{
MGITerminal1 removeAction (_this select 2);
MGITerminal1 spawn {
   [_this,3] call BIS_fnc_dataTerminalAnimate;
   sleep 10;
   firstTask = ["task0", true, ["Description here","Title here",""],nil, "ASSIGNED", 0, true, true,"",true] call BIS_fnc_setTask;
  [MGITerminal1,0] call BIS_fnc_dataTerminalAnimate
}
}];

What I want to do is create a completed task using Create Task - Succeeded or Set Task State and a connected trigger that checks if the data terminal has been used or if I have interacted with the object itself that can be named for this purpose. Do you have any suggestions? Perhaps that could be a script that checks if another object is alive. I have used such scripts already, but how can I make it happen using one of these methods or anything else? Thank you in advance.

So, im trying to have a briefing room where people can sit in the chairs and watch a video rolling on the screen in front of them. 
The problem is however, that the addaction makes it so that you need to go up to the screen to activate it. 

Is it possible to make it so that the addaction is tied to a different object, but the video/pictures are shown on the screens? Said object being like the chair - so once they sit in the chairs - they can click the chairs add action to start the video on the screen?

Quite curious here, as this seems to be something that can be done, im just so very unsure on how - as i am to no surprise, not a natural born scripter.

Any help will be recieved with gratitude 🙂

Maybe this?

Give the chair a variable name...say chair

chair addAction ["<t align='left' color='#F7D358'>Start video</t>","startvideo.sqf"];

Assuming you are using a script to start the video.

I think you'll have to look at the chair first to start the action. You could also put in the init field of the chair.

this addAction ["<t align='left' color='#F7D358'>Start video</t>","startvideo.sqf"];

• Like 1

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

Maybe this?

Give the chair a variable name...say chair

chair addAction ["<t align='left' color='#F7D358'>Start video</t>","startvideo.sqf"];

Assuming you are using a script to start the video.

I think you'll have to look at the chair first to start the action. You could also put in the init field of the chair.

this addAction ["<t align='left' color='#F7D358'>Start video</t>","startvideo.sqf"];

No.

2 hours ago, Ulfgaar said:

So, im trying to have a briefing room where people can sit in the chairs and watch a video rolling on the screen in front of them. 
The problem is however, that the addaction makes it so that you need to go up to the screen to activate it. 

Is it possible to make it so that the addaction is tied to a different object, but the video/pictures are shown on the screens? Said object being like the chair - so once they sit in the chairs - they can click the chairs add action to start the video on the screen?

Quite curious here, as this seems to be something that can be done, im just so very unsure on how - as i am to no surprise, not a natural born scripter.

Any help will be recieved with gratitude 🙂

Add the action to the player?

player addAction ["Watch video",
{
	hintSilent "Code...";
}, [], 0, false, false, "", "_this == player"];

Not tested.

• Like 1

I got it working with this and using triggers:

(Placed in trigger activation field)
------------------------------------

_video = "<Video_file.ogv>";
_screen = <screen_name>;
_screen setObjectTexture [0, _video]; 
[_video, [10, 10]] call BIS_fnc_playVideo;

------------------------------------
// Write the variable-/videofile name without the < > .
// The video file obviously needs to be in the mission folder.

This means I can add an "addaction" or an "holdaddaction" to whatever object, and with a trigger, i can start said video on whatever screen want without having to go up to it and start it. No need for an .sqf file with script either.

Works like a charm, and as an added bonus - its visible to everyone (not only the ones starting it). Excellent for ingame video briefs/viewing intel/etc, where people as an example sit in chairs, while the "officer" standing infront of them can go over to a laptop and start "this" and then everyone can watch it together. Quite nice 🙂

• Like 1