Sign in to follow this  
alanford

1.54 changelog question

this:

• Added: New FFV limits technology is in. Hummingbird, Mohawk, Hellcat, Taru and Huron should now work even better than before.
  • Added: New FFV limits for Offroad

Are you serious? Using abbreviations in changelogs? At least use the full word once. Why would you assume everyone know all the expressions... So stupid-

Edit, yes I know it's probbaly firing from vehicles, but that's irrelevant. My point stands. Don't use abbreviations before telling what they mean.

• Like 1

this:

Are you serious? Using abbreviations in changelogs? At least use the full word once. Why would you assume everyone know all the expressions... So stupid-

Edit, yes I know it's probbaly firing from vehicles, but that's irrelevant. My point stands. Don't use abbreviations before telling what they mean.

Out of the entire changelog, THAT is the issue you raise? Jesus Christ.

Facepalm.jpg

• Like 4

Out of the entire changelog, THAT is the issue you raise? Jesus Christ.

Tbh I don't have a clue what it means either!

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't know what FFV means either, at first I thought it is fast forward vehicle or something related :D but apart from that, I doubt it deserves its own thread. I am much more concerned with actual content that this patch brought to us.

FFV = Fire from vehicle. It has been in the game for some time.

"Firing From Vehicles" is written in the changelog instead of "FFV", in a manner that relates it to all the other "FFV" changes listed elsewhere in the changelog:

Tweaked: Firing From Vehicles (turning out, using launchers, limits and obstructions)

Admitedly it's near the bottom of the list of changes relating to FFV, but AFAIK (As Far As I Know ;)) the changelogs are kind of written in reverse order, as accumulated from the Dev Branch changelog with older changes being further back.

but AFAIK (As Far As I Know ;)) 

XD

It would be nice to have a quick bullet list of major changes for those of us who aren't qualified to wade through tons of smaller items ;)

• Like 1

It would be nice to have a quick bullet list of major changes for those of us who aren't qualified to wade through tons of smaller items ;)

Am I the only person that read that as "for those of us too lazy to read"?

Hi,

I have a problem after the 1.54 update :

Tthe animation of the bipod once opened don't works and when fate of the vehicles my soldier takes binoculars.

Someone else with this problem ? :s

Yes, probably.

Seriously, the changelog could use some structure or higlights for A) players, B ) server admins and C) mod developers. It's so cumbersome to read through 3 pages. Especially when some items are written down twice or even 3 times.

• Like 2

yes. You probably have dyslexia.

yes. You probably have dyslexia.

Says the guy who's username looks like the result of face-planting the keyboard.

Anyway, for those of you whining about the dificult to understand change-log, whine and thou shalt receive.

what is your problem Jackal326? i always wondered. do you just really like to publically look down on people? or do you really badly want to be a moderator? pretty sure you can just apply fo the job. might wanna work on the delivery then though.

i mean yea. there are a lot of useless threads. bu how one single person can make it such a consistent habit to use them as a vehicle to act super cunty and condescending instead of just ignoring them is beyond me. i don't really give a damn but i'm getting tired of reading your aggressive shit in each of those threads all the time. don't take it too personally. just wondering what your deal is...

• Like 3

what is your problem Jackal326? i always wondered. do you just really like to publically look down on people? or do you really badly want to be a moderator? pretty sure you can just apply fo the job. might wanna work on the delivery then though.

i mean yea. there are a lot of useless threads. bu how one single person can make it such a consistent habit to use them as a vehicle to act super cunty and condescending instead of just ignoring them is beyond me. i don't really give a damn but i'm getting tired of reading your aggressive shit in each of those threads all the time. don't take it too personally. just wondering what your deal is...

I was voted as "Most likely to be labelled 'An Abrasive Cunt' in adult life" at high-school, and I want to achieve that target. Seems like I'm getting close.

I'd mention how we're veering off-topic here, but you'd only accuse me of being moderator-esque so I won't bother.

Problem with the changelog and how it is incomprehensible, is that not much editing is done except for some sections. The meat of the log should be the various items, but they look to me like the quick texts that tired developers enter when committing new code. So someone needs to tie these disconnected items together and make a narrative. That would be a lead developer or an architects job

Problem with the changelog and how it is incomprehensible, is that not much editing is done except for some sections. The meat of the log should be the various items, but they look to me like the quick texts that tired developers enter when committing new code. So someone needs to tie these disconnected items together and make a narrative. That would be a lead developer or an architects job

If I've understood correctly, their internal changelogs, made by those tired developers, are much longer and even more incomprehensible (for us players). The public logs are compiled, interpreted, and edited mainly by one dev.

And these big stable update logs are just copy-paste versions of daily dev branch logs. That's why there may be duplicate or contradictory entries.

You're right though, they should spend some time rewriting them for SPOTREPS.