96l4le.png

Hi to everyone i have decide to create an new modern carrier for Arma 3 it's very very early progress of one day so i have decide to make this thread just to everyone know that 

It's based on USS G.R. Ford class that will replace Nimitz class!

Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) is the first new design for an aircraft carrier since USS Nimitz (CVN 68). The shipbuilders found value in every square inch of the ship, saving the Navy a projected $4 billion in ownership costs over the ship’s 50-year lifespan. The ship is equipped with two newly-designed reactors and has 250 percent more electrical capacity than previous carriers. The improvements will allow the ship to load weapons and launch aircraft faster than ever before.

It can carry up to 75 Aircrafts 

My plan is to create a giant for A3 

It's my first project so wish me luck! :D 

• Like 3

Good luck dude! This seems like a big project :)

Thank you, yes it will hard and big :D !

• Like 1

Wow.

If this mods will going well, I think it will O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G. Really hope that u can finish it srbknight. U have my best wishes for this! ;)

• Like 1

Wow.

If this mods will going well, I think it will O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G. Really hope that u can finish it srbknight. U have my best wishes for this! ;)

Thank you very much ! :)

Best of luck to you, this is a massive undertaking...  from one modeller to the next I would highly recommend using the subdivision modifer to make the hull, some basic shapes and let the computer calculate the curves then go back and optimize it, by doing this you can achieve smoother curves than doing it manually (or quicker anyway).

• Like 5

Best of luck to you, this is a massive undertaking...  from one modeller to the next I would highly recommend using the subdivision modifer to make the hull, some basic shapes and let the computer calculate the curves then go back and optimize it, by doing this you can achieve smoother curves than doing it manually (or quicker anyway).

Thank you i will do it ! :)

I wish you my best for this massive undertaking! 

• Like 1

I wish you my best for this massive undertaking! 

Thank's :D !!! 

Also working on faster catapults Electro magnetic catapults that replaced old steam catapults !

• Like 1

Ok i did today huge corrections on Ships island part and here how it looks now 
qpjyie.jpg

• Like 1

sweet. I have a modern US Zumwalt class destroyer WIP that will float nicely next to this beast. Keep up the good work and take your time. Blender is an awesome free program but once your skilled you will notice its limitations. You can still produce awesome work (all of mine personally). Hope all goes well and if you ever need blender help give me a shout

*Note*

I would advise using a separate (better suited) program for baking as blender struggles sometimes on normals. Plus its just more complicated than other programs such as xnormal. Cage bake whenever possible

• Like 1

sweet. I have a modern US Zumwalt class destroyer WIP that will float nicely next to this beast. Keep up the good work and take your time. Blender is an awesome free program but once your skilled you will notice its limitations. You can still produce awesome work (all of mine personally). Hope all goes well and if you ever need blender help give me a shout

*Note*

I would advise using a separate (better suited) program for baking as blender struggles sometimes on normals. Plus its just more complicated than other programs such as xnormal. Cage bake whenever possible

Really appreciating this ! :) 

You working on Zumwalt ?

*Note*

really? nice!

but in real life, I wouldn't want Zumwalt sailing by a CV, I'd like to have a aegis guided missile destroyer/cruiser

really? nice!

but in real life, I wouldn't want Zumwalt sailing by a CV, I'd like to have a aegis guided missile destroyer/cruiser

I think Zumwalt will be beautiful for 2035 period but yea it's still lack of protecting carrier in the seas !

Ok people this is what i did today 

it's everything about ships island !

2vxlgdf.jpg

Okay Baking in the blender is not that hard as i think it would be !  :)

Awesome awesome awesome !! I would love to follow your progress with screenshots if possible :) cheers

Awesome awesome awesome !! I would love to follow your progress with screenshots if possible :) cheers

cheers mate i am working now on missile cruiser so the carrier will have little bit slower progress ! :)

• Like 1