projectarmod

Warning to all life mod players out there!

I agree with this 100%  <_<

Luckily you weren't the one who started the first life mod, it was a bunch of german guys as far as I remember.

nor were you the first one in the arma 3 community, that was me and Caiden before we started A3L ;) ;) ;) ;)

---

Haha, here we go again, people wasting their time, writing a book full of salt, expecting to make a change.

!!Hilarous!!

*grabs popcorn*

(I have nothing to do with this new project of Caiden, just to make that statement clear. )

-Zannaza

(for some reason this was an account WAY before I created the Zannaza one, I just did not care a !@#$ to spend more time into it)

I wish the best lucky for everyone intending to gain money with this game.

Life and RP servers has been around since ARMAs inception. So in that regard, there is nothing new here. The increase in popularity is rather odd though, I must admit. It used to be a very small community of likeminded people.

I guess this is one of the obvious drawback of ARMA and DayZs sudden commercial success. There is a market for scams and exploits now, sadly. I would love to see a class action lawsuit from modders exploited, but yeah.

If there is anyone who I should be thankful is developers.Implying that dayz and life mods are the only paying arma 3 development can't be true.

There's thousands of servers on the list, and those people paid for arma just as well.

I guess these life servers are useful at sucking up players who would otherwise be farting about on "traditional" ArmA servers :) I don't think there's anything constructive that can happen about getting all bent out of shape about it all. Some people want to throw money at some server host, well that's a very small problem in the scheme of things IMHO. More importantly, they've already thrown money at BIS.

I guess these life servers are useful at sucking up players who would otherwise be farting about on "traditional" ArmA servers :) I don't think there's anything constructive that can happen about getting all bent out of shape about it all. Some people want to throw money at some server host, well that's a very small problem in the scheme of things IMHO. More importantly, they've already thrown money at BIS.

The tidal wave of servers can be frustrating to wave through yes but thats not why the term "life" has such a stigma attached to it. 

This forum is generally frequented by people who make content one way or another, everyone is playing in their programs making missions, addons, and mods of all types, so we tend to have strong feelings about credit and sharing, not just for our own work but for others as well...take model from a free website and claim it as your own? lambasted, admit its not yours?  Cool, continue.   A3L devs instead stole content from not only this community but other games as well, so there is a smidge of disdain for it.

That and it seems a number of addon makers feel slighted that people who host servers can monetize while they get nothing for it unless there are some back door deals.

Sigh, yes. Still it's important that the piles of puke and shit, which are floating around the drama kids and money makers LIFE/Zombie/Whatever world doesn't flood into this forum. I just recognized http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/20/today and it made me feel sea sick.

Guys just be thankfully that Dayz and life mods came around, since its basically them that's paying for Arma 3 develop.

https://www.gametracker.com/search/arma3/?&searchipp=50

35 out of 52 is Life servers

If it wasn't for Life, Wasteland, and DayZ servers this game would be the nearly extinct and clunky/monotonous shooter that it was before.

If it wasn't for Life, Wasteland, and DayZ servers this game would be the nearly extinct and clunky/monotonous shooter that it was before.

That is weird thing to say because arma 2, or arma itself didn't need popularity of dayz to survive.Games don't exctinct

based on game mode.If game is monotonous for you playing any other mode then life than that just your opinion.

That is weird thing to say because arma 2, or arma itself didn't need popularity of dayz to survive.Games don't exctinct

based on game mode.If game is monotonous for you playing any other mode then life than that just your opinion.

Arma did not at all sell well before the introduction of DayZ, sure it wasn't extinct and was somewhat able to hold its weight. But the only reason we've had this much support after release has been through these mods.

It sold well enough to be profitable (reason why we have a1, a2, a3.Also I saying somewhat able to

hold weight implies that it barely survived which is not true.Arma was sold good enough based on dedicated community,

bohemians support of mods, and unique gameplay experience.The reason we have support is because of bohemians

documenting and enabling modding in a first place.

It's all the same crap, they start a cool looking mod and expect all the money for it. Addons and communities should be created by having a love for the game and doing it because you enjoy it not because you want money and it seems that's what it all comes down to nowadays.

• Like 2

This is true, but since BI have a special license for server monetization, one can expect money from it.

This is true, but since BI have a special license for server monetization, one can expect money from it.

But not enough to quit their job and make a living from it...

Jackal, you not understand my sarcasm. This is why i sayd good luck with your intends, and you not understand again.

But its ok.

You could say that it came from ArmA1 and the devs for the Life Mod on ArmA1 got the idea from Crime City from OFP days.

But yeah, we never had any of this "Give us your money" back in the days.

Got to chime in here, been years since i've been here.

This crap has always happened. Its the nature of the beast when it comes to roleplaying communities. Best thing to do is get a job, find a girl and forget about the annoying shit.

FYI Even before Crime City in OFP, it was called Cops & Robbers or C&R by the absolute original creator MavereX. Literally each succession is just another addition of mods. C&R+weapon addon=CrimeCity  and so on. It just keeps going in circles.

And if anyone see's WackyIraqi let him know AnimalMother,SpetzNatz and Atticus are waiting to bust those tunes back on in the ol shitbox and go rob the bank.

On 4/21/2016 at 5:26 AM, tonic-_- said:

I agree with this 100%  <_< 

Just LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! :D :D