projectarmod

Warning to all life mod players out there!

As you know, Back in the start of A3L, they charged $30 for people to have their application 'expedited' which resulted in a huge financial benefit.

Caiden, now known as "Kane" from ArmA 3 Project Life is doing the same thing again!! Please just think before you throw your hard earned money at these money hungry pricks. I know BIS are careless towards the fact that their game has turned into a money/drama aids fest, so its up to minimize that as best we can.

Im not trying to start shit up, I just want a public announcement out there that this greedy person is trying to take your money again people. Like many of the older players of the game, I want to see our community be about playing the fucking game rather than fucking eachother's wallets. 

• Like 7

I wouldn't say BIS are 'careless' about their game, if you look at how the game has been developed a lot (DayZ, though, is an example of what you call 'careless').

But I do agree that server owners shouldn't profit from what they recieve, but to invest it in order to run their server. However, what really pisses me off is to see a server owner profit from mine or other user'a mods/addons.

• Like 3

I wouldn't say BIS are 'careless' about their game, if you look at how the game has been developed a lot (DayZ, though, is an example of what you call).

But I do agree that server owners shouldn't profit from what they recieve, but invest it to run their server. However, what really pisses me off is to see a server profit from mine or other mods/addons.

Exactly, if someone wants money from their community, make a drop dead awesome product, put it up for anyone to play and let people give money VOLUNTARILY.

BIS do very much care about the game, but their care ends at Development. They don't cater to the community and bend to whatever is popular which is unfortunate. This monetization thing isnt making matters any better either.

Honestly, many users who bought this game were in love with A3L. But this can be seen as an advantage, because these users may not know that these addons/mods can be downloaded and used at any time.

The pros:

- Popularity.

- Socializing environment.

- Role play.

- Having a great time.

The cons:

- Cops shouldn't have high-powered rifles, ONLY SWAT.

- Donation shops use community addons/mods.

- Rebels in a civilian island, does not fit the criteria of armoured tanks, helis and jets.

- Admin abuse.

- Cops should be trained on servers, such as surroundings, who to shoot, and what rules are put down.

- Altis can be seen on the map as a high-popular weed island, as if it is legalized?!?

- Younger users should behave themselves, and maintain self-control.

- You shouldn't see your own body when dead, or it may provoke your feelings or something worse.

- Server staff shouldn't be demanding users to be there at a certain time, even though we still have a real life.

- Amounts of money should be balanced, including prices. If its too high, then that role-play will disappear. If it is too low, then it will be un-popular.

if someone is so dumb to play on Life server, is right that have to pay AHHAHHAHAHAHHA

• Like 1

if someone is so dumb to play on Life server, is right that have to pay AHHAHHAHAHAHHA

These morons aren't the problem though. The problem is someone making profit off somebody else's work in direct violation of the author's will.

• Like 2

Honestly, many users who bought this game were in love with A3L. But this can be seen as an advantage, because these users may not know that these addons/mods can be downloaded and used at any time.

I'm not planting myself on either side of this [most likely] much needed debate,,,, I can testify to two things from my own expereience with A3L..... Whether I was playing arma 2OA (&DayZ) 16+ hours per day or have survived for entire weekends at a time running binge mil-sim campaigns; Anytime someone younger than a M.A.M. (Military Aged Male) joined the fray their presence acted like a slowly acting cancer that would almost always either cause severe problems among the local populace or frustrate the server admins to the point that they would jus stop the server for awhile.

my point with stating these experiences is to publicly recognize that A3L is a community built up out of people that realize the effect that children have on the virtual battlefield is more damaging than the lack of political correctnedness of allowing their labors and toils to be spoiled. I quoted the above quote from the awesome Ranwer, because I have cut into all of their repositories [and while I did indeed see quite a few assetts included in there that have been artfully designed and ported to A3 ... I also have seen many many examples of the A3L teams own personal 3d modellling/texturing/and scripting and the sheer amount of work those guys have put into those assets, and when you are  [no joke]reviewing 100's or ++ every day, basically giving every potential player an elementary psych eval, plus all of the above mentioned works and then there's the matter of renting and paying for and maintaining 3-4 dedicated boxes each of which could at any time be running up to 1-4 instances at a time

Please, my eyes are bleeding from reading all this life related crap.

As the Night's King, I will suck all LIFE out of ArmA.

Corrected thread starting post:

Subject: Warning! Life mods

Body: "Whoever", "whatever", "money", "cheating", "stealing", "mimimi", "whining", "tears", "eeek", "dem hackZORZ" 

• Like 2

Thats abit harsh dude - I totally agree with nearly everything that has been said about life mods. Yet i'm making a life mod. A London map & mod to be precise. But lets not forget that Arma 3 is now very popular due to Altis Life and Life mods. Bohemia or anyone cannot deny that fact. But on the other hand, i get why all the veterans etc hate life mods and people like Caiden , Deaddem (Kane)  etc. They are scumbags who rip people off. I also agree that they rip of models from games like forza etc. They are not talented people as they cannot model.

I initially bought Arma 3 for what it is, but upon searching the server list, i initially believed that Altis Life was a soldier role play type thing. I quickly learned otherwise but i was so amazed by what i was seeing. 

But , i will say this. My London map will be readily available for any Millsim unit and any other A3 community member to readily use. It would give me great pleasure to see people enjoying my creation. So although 99% of life mods are money grabbing idiots, i'd like to point out that there is a small percentage of us that just have a passion to deliver something awesome :).

1. Nobody here, being predominantly a mil-sim forum, cares much about these high school dramas.

2. From what I've seen (admittedly only from perusing their YT channel) A3PL appear to be going about this the right way (better late than never). They're creating their own original content rather than ripping off the work of Arma modders. They've also said they're planning the same up-front subscription for everybody who wants to join their server which strikes me as a much more equitable and functional system for an RPG server than selling perks which only some people get.

I'm not a 'Life' player and doubtless don't know all the ins and outs of that scene but I wouldn't like to see people jump on an anti-Life bandwagon without examining the facts. Aside from the above I know that Kiory is either part of their team or has been employed to create content for the project. They've also realized an in-game YouTube plug-in which they've said they plan to release to the entire Arma community. Monetization is here and likely to stay, let's at least consider the possibility that somebody might find a fair and honourable way to go about it and get behind them if/when they do.

• Like 2

I don't personally agree for charging people to join up, or selling in-game perks. As its been said earlier in the thread, if your server is good enough , many will gladly donate and support running costs. 

Could care less what they do. Last i heard, he left to start his own, supposedly, "The very original Life Project" from Arma 2, except this time standalone, and well... From the footage i've seen of it, it's honestly not worth 1$, much less 30$. I heard they were going to charge monthly as well. But hey, there's not much you can do about those weird bunch that want to spend their time on a non-functional platform. It's their money, their time. I'll just sit here patiently waiting for Apex like everyone else. This is where my money will go.

• Like 1

One more discussion about this thing.

Let them pay, let them get rich.

When the world iitself s doomed, nothing we can do,

To throw a log on the fire:

The Apex expansion/Tanoa/frequent major updates wouldn't be a reality without the revenue generated by the Life/RP/social-casual/cops&robbers part of the community.

Also as long as no parties are violating license agreements or engaged in copyright violations, I don't see the issue.

To throw a log on the fire:

The Apex expansion/Tanoa/frequent major updates wouldn't be a reality without the revenue generated by the Life/RP/social-casual/cops&robbers part of the community.

Also as long as no parties are violating license agreements or engaged in copyright violations, I don't see the issue.

Without financial information you can not back up that claim.You are simply guessing.It's a additional revenue

but I don't think is as big as you make it out to be.

• Like 1

I said it when A3L came out and I say it again: What he hell is wrong with those guys ...

I personally do not Like modded servers at all, since I prefer arma as it is and not such low polygon buggy custom models - but even If I did, there is no way I would "pay" something for that little modding around. There are load of loads of better gamemods, model and servers out there than this type of casual only life simulation.

I personally would donate voluntary, if I would like to support some modders or mission makers, but to fee anything is very rude.

If people collect money to pay server rents and licenses for software, so that their community server is payed every month that is ok. If the givien information is correct and they just want to develop a money maker it would be another sad story in the arma community.

BIS tries to point the community to the right direction, with the monetization system, but they are not god, and they can not overlook every little project or server out there.

However I think they should make the rules more stric, so that people can not use arma to make money with it, and only allow what they allow in the monetization system.

I think the problem is, that it costs BIS money and time to prevent projects like that, and maybe becuase of that and other factors like also that projects will get arma some attension on youtube etc - they won't do anything.

If I were BIS and I got enough solds for apex and my financial report is good, I won't even pay attention to them and let them do what they want to do.

More important is the fact, that all the projects like A3L and all its copies and some other crappy game modes, never even competed with those like Altis life, Koth, CTI or Exile etc ...

The time will show it, but I think - wow I forgot the name right now, so this project just cant be something good scrolling up to the top to look it up - ah yes ArmA 3 Project Life will not have the best user experience nor the best server and client performace. It does not matter if I fee 1000$ for crappy stuff, since when at least one bought it people will see if it is good, or as I expect very bad.

If the development team behind that, does a great job and creates nearly a new arma, with all that mods and scripting stuff, fine then they have my respect and I would donate them smething to support their work, but I do not expect that all to to happen ;)

And just as nice little side fact, making a public post on these forums, just gives them alot of attention, so actually you pushed them with this, and increased their chance to get money quite a bit.

Regards Arkensor

30$ to get into the ALPHA?? of the MOD which is stealing other mods AGAIN

This shit needs to stop.

30$ to get into the ALPHA?? of the MOD which is stealing other mods AGAIN

This shit needs to stop.

From what I heard, he's making everything himself. But of course, you can't always trust what you hear, and I don't care to investigate the matter. If you want information, YouTube is your best friend. ;)

If they are using Arma and charging 30$ for direct access then they would be repeating the same dance with BI, and breaking the EULA.  
If they are using the (bs) reasoning of 30$ for accelerated access just like the A3L servers then there is nothing BI can do.

If its a legit legal issue such as above then by all means gather the info and report it to BI, en masse if you can, otherwise don't bother working yourself into frustration, yes it sucks, but theres nothing you can do.

Now on another subject...how dare that person sully brother Kanes good name >: |

Who invented and developed Life Mod? Blame the guy.

Who allowed Life Mod in game (and supported the development)? Blame the guy.

All the rest are only obvious consequences.

From what I heard, he's making everything himself. But of course, you can't always trust what you hear, and I don't care to investigate the matter. If you want information, YouTube is your best friend. ;)

I made I profile on their forums just to check,so you have 3 options on their web page, JOIN when you press join and login you have 3 options  HOME   FORUMS   DONATE

then I went on their TS just to check and I saw they have a section on  TS for the Server and Team speak room named TASK FORCE RADIO (which is used for automatic switching into the room when you connect to server) also I watched videos on youtube and they are using TFR in their servers

And for what you said you heard they are making everything by themselfs..they are mostly using DONATIONS to buy 3D models and put them in the game but all in all I don't really care because it is an MOD and they want 30$ for their mod,but RHS is a MOD also and they are adding shit ton of stuff into the game and not asking for a penny. Reason i am writing this is because they are giving bad example they want to earn from the game and other people work, I just don't understand people paying to play a game they already purchased. So lame

• Like 1

I agree with this 100%  <_< 

• Like 2

I was one of the devs back in Stratis Life when the game was still in Alpha.

I was passed the Stratis Life files when Caiden and Zananza (Can't spell their names) left the community they was in and I just joined them to help develop the mission further. 

From their I created my own community with help from friends under the name of Multi-Op but I stopped working on the Life mission after the staff in Multi-Op had a fall out dropped the community.

I remember when there was only two Life servers running when the game was in Alpha (Multi-Op server and Seal Team Sloth), and if my memory is correct, we never asked people to give us money to do stuff or have things limited, even though the game was still Alpha and hardly no mods were out.

(Thought I would add my two cents)

I was one of the devs back in Stratis Life when the game was still in Alpha.

I was passed the Stratis Life files when Caiden and Zananza (Can't spell their names) left the community they was in and I just joined them to help develop the mission further. 

From their I created my own community with help from friends under the name of Multi-Op but I stopped working on the Life mission after the staff in Multi-Op had a fall out dropped the community.

I remember when there was only two Life servers running when the game was in Alpha (Multi-Op server and Seal Team Sloth), and if my memory is correct, we never asked people to give us money to do stuff or have things limited, even though the game was still Alpha and hardly no mods were out.

(Thought I would add my two cents)

And life origins goes back to arma 2.There never was any problem until 1 bad example, that encouraged

others to do the same.

And life origins goes back to arma 2.There never was any problem until 1 bad example, that encouraged

others to do the same.

You could say that it came from ArmA1 and the devs for the Life Mod on ArmA1 got the idea from Crime City from OFP days.

But yeah, we never had any of this "Give us your money" back in the days.