Hi opterix, these look gorgeous! This is the kind of stuff that keeps arma always fresh and interesting!

Remember earlier this year when in this topic you said that Avgani has not aged well? I don't think there is anything in Arma 3 that I know of that comes close to it regarding middle eastern urban terrains. If you ever redo it with updated RSO buildings it would be great, but meanwhile is there any chance that the original map's black sky problem gets fixed? If you are not into fixing this could you please point me towards a possible solution? There is a patch out there but only for arma 3 terrains. I figured it out myself!!! That should teach me not to post before trying to fix first . Cheers!

Edited by b3lx

20180214022311_1.jpg

20180214022326_1.jpg

20180214020543_1.jpg

Any suggestions? I think I will keep the texture scheme for this variation free from ads and grafitti, but do you guys think I should dirty it up or change some texture?

-edit-

Blud suggested this texture arrangment instead:

80730A43B0619B88437F2CAD71AFB31162E7E3A4

Better?

• Like 15

Looks nice! I'm all for the 'lived-in' look!

I settled for this texture scheme. Will make variations later.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

good choice on the grey, id definitely add some unique grungy spots to it tho so you can reduce the amount of visible tiling of the concrete pattern as much as possible. great work so far cant wait to see more : )

Awesome progress. Do you still plan on the buildings being accessible from the ground floor through fireescapes? Your recent building all have the ladders raised. 

Not sure yet. Depends on how much work it'll be.

• Like 2

They're not release.

45 minutes ago, AlbertoSGM said:

You wont plublish the mod ? 

He said they arnt released, as in the mod is not out yet.
@opteryx , Looks great! 

When it's done.

• Like 2

@opteryx

hey bud been awhile.Nice work.Good to see you still pumping out the goods.:)

Have you ported your afghan/iraq terrains?

Hi!
It's nice work. Cool models and awesome textures without strange luminescence.

What plans do you have? I know it's really hard work. May be you need some help? In Arma 3 we don't have pretty good US maps and buildings.

Your project would be popular.

Upd.
If it's not private RP-life mod, of course 😉

• Like 1

Hey, you are probably tired of being asked, but are you still working on this/will you release what you've already archieved? It would be sad it your work was for nothing.

I stopped working on this because firstly I realized I was texturing this wrongly and I would have to convert it to multimaterial textures and secondly the people who was most interested in getting their hands on this was "life" community and they're so toxic and do nothing but steal and abuse content so I lost all interest in working on it. Perhaps I'll revieve it for Arma 4.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

I think you can post your mod as is. Just mark it like [demo] or [pre-alpha]

Firstly, because your time very valuable.
Secondly, real Arma community would be glad to see US buildings. Yes, may be it have problem with textures. But it still cool. A lot of people wants something like World in Conflict but in Arma.

In any case, you got at least a little experience. Both "life"-community and Arma modding.
Stay strong. 🤗