Yes, I keep two backups, one of them is external incase my computer gets totally fried.

• Like 2

I've updated the OP with more information like reference buildings used and interior shots for the open buildings, pardon the messy way it looks, but it can't be helped because of the asinine way IP.Board handles links.

• Like 3

Santa Chila will probably set a benchmark for custom islands, all of your assets look great. Have you considered doing custom vegetation or will you make use of the default (and apex) flora? Most of the custom vegetaton released so far either looks a bit off or suffers from performance issues, so it might not be worth the time.

I'll make some simple vegetation like wheat and hedge bushes, but stuff like trees are beyond my skill. Now if someone purchased Silvador for me...

Any chance you're willing to enlist other members in the community for help in developing assets (i.e. more complex vegetation) or do you wish to keep the project inhouse?

I'll make some simple vegetation like wheat and hedge bushes, but stuff like trees are beyond my skill. Now if someone purchased Silvador for me...

I can only imagine how expensive it is!

Any chance you're willing to enlist other members in the community for help in developing assets (i.e. more complex vegetation) or do you wish to keep the project inhouse?

I have a dedicated config dude (Pennyworth), but for all the other stuff I prefer working alone. I have some negative experience working in mod teams from ArmA 1 days and I like being in total control of what I'm doing.

I can only imagine how expensive it is!

I know a guy who did actually purchase it and the price gave me a headache. :crazy:

• Like 1

That apartment complex is great. It actually looks a little like the vanilla building-I think it is a kind of barracks/offices.You see it on Altis on military areas and factories.

But the great thing about the one you made-as I said in my last post, is it will fit anywhere! The bright colours work on Tanoa/white for Altis/beige/brown for Middle east. etc etc

I'm not sure if it's against the rules to divulge it here, but I'm sure you can figure it out through google.

How will you set up the boders on the Santa Chila map? It looks a bit odd when the areas immediately outside of the 'playable' area are a bit of a tiled mess. Which is the case on nearly every landlocked map in Arma. It's not a very pleasing look from above (or on the ground really). I really like how the FATA map is set up in this regard, with the inclusion of a transitional zone. I.e. an area which isn't really part of the map proper (although the FATA map has some interesting landmarks in this area), but doesn't really look like an artifical and weird array of tiled textures.

How will you set up the boders on the Santa Chila map? It looks a bit odd when the areas immediately outside of the 'playable' area are a bit of a tiled mess. Which is the case on nearly every landlocked map in Arma. It's not a very pleasing look from above (or on the ground really). I really like how the FATA map is set up in this regard, with the inclusion of a transitional zone. I.e. an area which isn't really part of the map proper (although the FATA map has some interesting landmarks in this area), but doesn't really look like an artifical and weird array of tiled textures.

I'm not entirely sure how I'll solve it, but there isn't that many solutions when it comes to landlocked terrains. By the way, which FATA terrain? I seem to recall there was two of them which had nothing to do with eachother.

I'm not entirely sure how I'll solve it, but there isn't that many solutions when it comes to landlocked terrains. By the way, which FATA terrain? I seem to recall there was two of them which had nothing to do with eachother.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22057

This one. It works great in arma 3 with CUP terrains enabled. 

^ that is one of my fav (and also rare 3rd party) terrains that I use with my team. Absolutely love it, except one time we spent hours(!) on it trying to find an AI that escaped "off the map" with a crucial APC we needed to destroy haha :)

Opteryx I would love to incorporate some of the new buildings for upcoming maps, currenlty all my work is on hold since EBO encoded content is not available and I'm waiting on that to unlock, also I don't have time to use some wierd procedures to put that content on my map :/

• Like 1

Opteryx I would love to incorporate some of the new buildings for upcoming maps, currenlty all my work is on hold since EBO encoded content is not available and I'm waiting on that to unlock, also I don't have time to use some wierd procedures to put that content on my map :/

Same here, hurry the f*ck up and release APEX in .pbo format, BIS. I can't start work on Santa Chila either until APEX assets are available.

This goes in my to-keep-an-eye-on favs. Really impressive.