Great work on these buildings! :)

Do you build them with a certain map in mind? I would love to see a map with a part of the US-Mexican border fence, some cities and ranches. This could be a place for a lot of interesting missions including high risk arrests by SWAT teams, border patrols by militias like the Arizona Border Recon (like in Cartel Land) or (civil) RPG-type missions.

Infact I am making them for a fictional southern california map. It's based on a real location, but will be heavily edited. The map will be 20x20 km featuring rolling hills around a 4x4 km town. I won't disclose any more information at the moment.

• Like 6

opteryx you haven't given up on that Iraqi map at all have you?

They are for the moment not in development, but some internal things have changed that might resurrect them in the future.

• Like 2

Wow that looks like really dense urban terrain. Will you downsize it a bit to accomodate performance (and workload)?

I am mentally running through the logistics at the moment and there are certainly things that will be removed/changed for gameplay/performance reasons, but I want to maintain fairly much of the city size. There's also a lot of surrounding populated areas that will be replaced with wilderness. 

I won't get much mapping done until Apex assets are decrypted though.

• Like 1

Well if anyone can pull it off it's probably you, I still remember how amazed I was by Avgani back in arma 1. 

Hi. Looks interesting. Will you also make some airfield stuff? Thanks

Best regards DonbassCZ

I dunno yet, Arma has almost everything I need for the airport. Might make some custom runway/taxiway/apron objects though.

• Like 1

Seriously impressive. BIS should consider hiring you ;)  Dont know how common it is for those types of buildings, but perhaps some flowerboxes underneath the windows to give it some color and add some depth to the first floor?

• Like 1

Seriously impressive. BIS should consider hiring you ;)  Dont know how common it is for those types of buildings, but perhaps some flowerboxes underneath the windows to give it some color and add some depth to the first floor?

Thanks! I appreciate creative suggstions like this.

• Like 1

Wow... please don't give up on this. The community so needs you to release this... EXCELLENT building

Market WIP

Will have to add more decals to break up the texture tiling.

• Like 13

Looks awesome man! I don't think it looks bad as it is. The texture tiling isn't noticeable.

Market WIP

Will have to add more decals to break up the texture tiling.

Looking good. Easiest way to break up the tiling is to add woodwork on the rouded part of the facade or have one of them broken (i.e. missing a couple of stones). The tower on the left needs some windows though, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense structurally. Just some simple stuff like this perhaps?

Looking good. Easiest way to break up the tiling is to add woodwork on the rouded part of the facade or have one of them broken (i.e. missing a couple of stones). The tower on the left needs some windows though, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense structurally. Just some simple stuff like this perhaps?

I don't want to add much more to the building because the polycount is pretty high already (21k triangles) so most work from now on will be texture related. As for the tower I'm thinking of maybe adding some large poster, logo or something, not sure yet, but a window wouldn't make much sense as there's only a stairwell inside.

Here's the building it's based on.

• Like 1

Here's the building it's based on.

It would be sweet if you would change the subway to subpay like on tanoa...

• Like 2

Have updated the OP with a complete list of all buildings I've done so far, will continuously update it so people don't have to sift through the whole thread to find what I've made.

• Like 3

Looking great! Aside from the great quality, what I really like here is that the buildings would not look out of place on a lot of different maps. The houses have a slight greek feel so the will work on Altis etc, but the would also fit in on several other islands.And the market could be in built up middle eastern cities to american to europe.

• Like 2

Looking great! Aside from the great quality, what I really like here is that the buildings would not look out of place on a lot of different maps. The houses have a slight greek feel so the will work on Altis etc, but the would also fit in on several other islands.And the market could be in built up middle eastern cities to american to europe.

I was surprised that they actually fit in on Tanoa too.

Example

• Like 6

Bloody hell Opteryx. Those are stunning. Tell me, tell me you DO have this backed up somewhere. Please ! ;-)

• Like 1