This is a project I've been working on and off on since late 2015, the basic goal is to create structures that are based on US west coast architecture, but most buildings will be 'generic' enough to work on maps located other places in the US.

The buildings are inspired both from real life, other video games and some are completely fictional, but hopefully they will remain realistic enough.

video

These buildings will be featured on my upcoming map Santa Flora.

• Like 39

looks awesome!

people making new buildings are a rare breed these days. we should put you in a conservation program or something :lol:

• Like 7

Looks pretty sweet bro, Never understood why Bohemia never did this in the first place. I remember when ArmA2 was coming out and it said something along the lines of "all buildings will be enter-able" or whatever and that never happened, so hopefully this will sort that out. Good-luck with it mate.

While always admiring your work && the above is an awesome model && i would like to see it (even) in a *life-like

map..can't say i m very happy because i m eager to see the "Al kut" and it's bazillion buildings.

..buuuut!!...i know though If the artist just has the mood to work on something else...i can't do nothing about that :/

• Like 2

Would live in that. Seems cool. However, as a non-designer, just observer, here's my advice: interiors are too polished, try to give them some "age" if you know what I mean, will make them more realistic. Like crack in a wall, or a stain here and there. Maybe changing colours, no idea, again, not a designer.

Cheers.

Now that Tanoa is out I've gotten motivated to getting back into modelling/mapping. Tanoa has a lot of assets that I want to use so I probably won't need to create that many custom ones for my planned project.

Here is a simple building I started on yesterday, it doesn't have any ambient shadow or decal dirt yet so it's looking a little sterile. My plan is to make a large urban map based somewhere in southern California or some kind of similar climate.

• Like 11

Now that Tanoa is out I've gotten motivated to getting back into modelling/mapping. Tanoa has a lot of assets that I want to use so I probably won't need to create that many custom ones for my planned project.

Here is a simple building I started on yesterday, it doesn't have any ambient shadow or decal dirt yet so it's looking a little sterile. My plan is to make a large urban map based somewhere in southern California or some kind of similar climate.

Very nice, can you tell me how many rvmat and how many textures you are using ?

In fact, i would love to see how to achieve this object, like if you can throw some explainations, i'd appreciate a lot !

Beautiful.

You know, you can use the LEGO design philosophy. Each building floor can be STACKED on top of each other to create bigger and taller buildings, and can stand on its own on the ground. 

That would allow you to make a ton of variations right away. Just position stairways up and down, and add a balcony to connect and secure the front doors. A little color variation (even just basic primary colors) would allow mission makers to create a town very quickly.

If you travel around, you will notice many "towns" are build up at different times, yet each town has a lot of similar looking, but different color buildings due to the way contractors builds up blocks and blocks. Just insert a random CUP or another user town in between buildings and you have a full neighborhood fast.

Please make the builds enter-able! :D

Very nice, can you tell me how many rvmat and how many textures you are using ?

In fact, i would love to see how to achieve this object, like if you can throw some explainations, i'd appreciate a lot !

You do what I do way better than me already. I am still trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing, so I wouldn't really be comfortable pretending to know what I'm doing is right or a good way to do it.

Anyway, here is my attempt at dirtying up the storage building, what do you guys think? Too much dirt?

• Like 2

You do what I do way better than me already. I am still trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing, so I wouldn't really be comfortable pretending to know what I'm doing is right or a good way to do it.

Anyway, here is my attempt at dirtying up the storage building, what do you guys think? Too much dirt?

Ah ah, thanks but your final result is way more realist than mine :D

I feel like i'm rushing my work and not doing any details that give life to a building, like vents and eletronic panels, and all that stuff. They are very generic and not realy personnal.

Fo example, is the vent texture on it's own texture, or is it an atlas texture ?

The dirt is just fine, are you using decals for grafiti ?

I'll send you the building via PM when I get time to compile and upload it, that's easier than explaining, hehe.

Will you be making these buildings enterable?

Some will be, but not all. This is for two reasons, one is performance and two is reduced workload. I tried making all buildings open in my OPX2 project and it just became too much for me. It's not unlikely that I will modify buildings to be enterable in the future though.

• Like 3