Sign in to follow this  
Psilocybe

Camera woes

I am making a mission and want to create an intro.  I have selected the type as 'intro', made a trigger with : [] call BIS_fnc_camera; but when i start the mission I am simply stuck inside the playable character and can only 'skip' the non existent mission.  What am i doing wrong!?

I am making a mission and want to create an intro.  I have selected the type as 'intro', made a trigger with : [] call BIS_fnc_camera; but when i start the mission I am simply stuck inside the playable character and can only 'skip' the non existent mission.  What am i doing wrong!?

Well I guess the reason why this is happening is because the intro actually needs to contain the objects that are in the mission as well, unless you have done that already then I guess the only thing would be to have placed in the trigger this instead.

waitUntil {!isNull player}; [] call BIS_fnc_camera;

or try

null = { waitUntil {!isNull player}; [] call BIS_fnc_camera; };

Thanks for the reply... Turns out I needed to put the trigger on top of my player :(

Thanks for the reply... Turns out I needed to put the trigger on top of my player :(

hmm could be because of the condition part of the trigger, could you place it here, or are you all good now.

Not all good just yet, I have read that bis_fnc_cameraold is better for intro's, however when i do use it, i cannot change the direction of the camera, it seems locked 'north' though I can pan left and right and ascend and descend. 

I have not gone on to make the mission yet, just working on a rudimentary introduction, first timer.  Any info would be appreciated.

Has nobody else encountered this 'stuck' camera?

EDIT:
So with BIS_FNC_CameraOld you need to use the numpad arrow keys to look around, check, how do I pause the action to make sure I am getting the right shot?!