Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Diplomatic incident between Russia and Turkey

Turkey should be removed from NATO.

Turkish-backed Salafi militants shoot down Russian CSAR heli sent to recover pilots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn9LxEynU9M

JsFKDfC.jpg

This weapon, without the targeting apparatus.

tow_zpsbl1cocav.jpg

Wherever the Russian plane was when it was fired upon, won't matter too much to the public of Russia or Western Europe ... The plane itself hit the ground in Syria, which doesn't look good PR-wise for Turkey. 

2EC4CF9000000578-3331558-image-a-68_1448

lots of blame on the Turks. The violation of the airspace was indeed not tragic, but why didn't they respond to 10 warnings? 10 warnings sounds like a lot.

The Russian plane at normal combat speed would have spent about 10 seconds over the relevant section of Turkish airspace. Benefit of the doubt to Turkey, lets say it was flying slow, so 15-20 seconds instead of the 9-10.

It is possible that the warnings started just before the SU-24 entered Turkish airspace. Either way the Turks got trigger happy. I think the US and other countries are interested of having them in NATO because of the strategic reasons. The US have a major presence at Incirlik.

Other than that i rather not have them at NATO either.

Killing the pilots is clearly revenge and religion motivated crap. They would have much more to gain by capturing them alive and would give the message that they are truly moderate. Instead they acted like fuckin barbarians.

Russia was warned by Turkey already longer ago.

In October this year Turkey announced to shoot down every russian plane which is violating their territory again.

Remember the incident because of bad weather/navigation issues, that was a longer overfly by a russian military plane over turkish territory.

----------------

Rebels open fire against the pilots while parachuting:

One person shouting "Don't fire. Let's take them prisoners. Don't fire. Prisoners." ... over sounds of gun fire.

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/669171741923672064

In October this year Turkey announced to shoot down every russian plane which is violating their territory again.

Remember the incident because of bad weather/navigation issues, that was a longer overfly by a russian military plane over turkish territory.

This isn't the problem. Russia was attacking Turkey's backed militia in Syria (Turkmen militia), so they found a way to get their revenge. Territory violation is a lame excuse.

yes, because a supersonic bomber doesn't always fly at supersonic speed, particularly when it's maneuvering.

They said 10 warnings in 5 minutes. That's about one warning every 30 seconds.

I would like to have an expert opinion.

Yeah this is really interesting, because according to what Turks are saying - it's not possible for a jet plane to cross such narrow strip for five minutes - unless the plane was moving with the speed of 30-40 km/h!

___

Turkey is supporting the Islamic State.

Behind the headlines, watch. Turkey is mad because Russians are pounding their allies very hard. This is a scandal, shame on Turkey.

This isn't the problem. Russia was attacking Turkey's backed militia in Syria (Turkmen militia), so they found a way to get their revenge. Territory violation is a lame excuse.

Yes that is what I am thinking. Also it shows, how Turkish leaders think how great and invulnerable they are. Looks a bit like they think they are the big super power nation beside US and Russia.

Totally crazy.

Paul Watson has a dogmatic agenda and I wouldn't believe him if he said the sky was blue. Anyway all this dick waving will die down within a day or two, thankfully. If anything this means that the syrian conflict can spiral out of control at any moment, the powers that be have to resolve it one way or another, you can't keep wars contained even if they're "civil" ones.

Another amusing byproduct of all this is that Putin has won much support from western people. Suddenly Crimea and eastern Ukraine are forgiven.

This morning, a russian Sukhoï 24 has been shot down by Turkey while he was conducting air strikes on ISIS in Syrian airspace.

1 pilote was killed during ejection and the other one is MIA.

wiki, the turks shoot down anyone that flies in or near their airspace. I live in the greek island of Chios which if you look on the map is only a few km away from turkey. They fly above my school everyday and we dont shoot them down we just chase them out of our airspace. I dont understand why they shoot everyone down. A few years back a friend of my dad who was in the airforce was shot down by the turks and died in the agean sea because he couldnt swim since he broken all limbs upon ejection. I would really like to know the reason why they give no warnings or anything just plain shooting at them.

wiki, the turks shoot down anyone that flies in or near their airspace. I live in the greek island of Chios which if you look on the map is only a few km away from turkey. They fly above my school everyday and we dont shoot them down we just chase them out of our airspace. I dont understand why they shoot everyone down. A few years back a friend of my dad who was in the airforce was shot down by the turks and died in the agean sea because he couldnt swim since he broken all limbs upon ejection. I would really like to know the reason why they give no warnings or anything just plain shooting at them.

Yea I'd like a reply from a Turkish member about this point.

weird.

if not in their airspace, they shouldn't

@sudayev

The video shows at 3:01 min rebels who are shooting a russian pilot.

This has nothing to do with the current su24 incident, thats a video posted on youtube in

Fucking barbarians. Shooting pilots who are defenseless on their parachutes is not only bloody stupid, it´s also barbaric. Erdogan is a dick, I´ve been saying that since he came to power. And now that Russia has been pounding his allies in Syria his army wanted to send a clear message. I wouldn´t be surprised if tonight Russia will send a powerfull message of it´s own and blast that AA battery to pieces with cruise missiles. 

About that TOW footage. I don´t believe it is genuine. Why would CSAR forces land a transport helicopter and turn the engines off? You don´t do that. This looks more like someone edited together two completelly different scenes.

About that TOW footage. I don´t believe it is genuine. Why would CSAR forces land a transport helicopter and turn the engines off? You don´t do that. This looks more like someone edited together two completelly different scenes.

AFAIK this helo had been already damaged and abandoned. And after this rebels fired TOW at it.

Capture of russian pilots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLIFT6cTkJU

Its video from 2013

============

But for Turkey these aircraft do not pose a threat..

Turkey is supporting the Islamic State.

Just Turkey is very profitable to buy cheap oil from ISIS (15-20$) (and not only Turkey)

======================

Going to look for information about pilots...

I "will not survive" if pilots will capture ISIS or rebels and executed as a Jordanian pilot ...

@oxmox I know but, they were doing exactly the same thing like in the vid posted by you.

@Tonci87

Why would CSAR forces land a transport helicopter and turn the engines off?

Word is about the technical failure of engine that forced the heli to touch down. Nevertheless I'm not sure if this s Rus. Mi8 or Syrian... Not sure if this is from today incident either..

Not only:

ISIS is doing terrorist strikes against the kurds and Turkey don't like them.

So, it's double pay for them :

ISIS kill the kurds for them (they don't defend the kurds), but can say "it's not us".

Why the hell is Turkey not banned from NATO after destroying an allied plane in the war against daech ?

Already with the heavy suspicions against Erdogan government of backing up daech supporters and extremists and them bombing the Kurds that are fighting daech directly on ground, how can they still be considered a member of NATO ?

Yeah, i remember that the US military have a use of some airfield there, and that's probably the reason they're still not banned, but how can anyone trust Erdogan anymore in any ways after this backstabbing aggression against an ally ?

• Like 2

Its video from 2013

Thank you, I will delete it.

Why the hell is Turkey not banned from NATO after destroying an allied plane in the war against daech ?

Already with the heavy suspicions against Erdogan government of backing up daech supporters and extremists and them bombing the Kurds that are fighting daech directly on ground, how can they still be considered a member of NATO ?

Yeah, i remember that the US military have a use of some airfield there, and that's probably the reason they're still not banned, but how can anyone trust Erdogan anymore in any ways after this backstabbing aggression against an ally ?

Where and when was this fabled alliance signed? :rolleyes:

As of now it's still not really clear to me what happened and what should have happened. What is known is that NATO said everybody calm down, which sounds pretty much like Turkey calm down. It's also known that the Russians will be flying missions with bombers and fighters.

Go figure what  happens now.

Go figure what  happens now.

People will die, most of them innocent. Psychopaths rule over us all.

• Like 1

Russian MoD apparently reported that according to the Khmeimim Airbase radar data, one of the Turkey's F-16 allegedly violated Syria's airspace in connection to the Su-24 shoot down. It's not clear whether fighter violated airspace immediately during the attack or prior/after it.

It seems that things are getting even more complicated.