Sign in to follow this  
thedubl

support available on trigger

Hello everyone! I hope I have a easy question. I want to have a trigger make virtual support available. So, I was thinking once the condition is true the to use [requester, "Transport", 0] call BIS_fnc_limitSupport; to update the number to 10 or something. Since it would already be sync to all playable players once they have available number of calls... it should work. I should not have do anything else, right? Would my approach work? Please keep in mind I have not tried it yet. I was at work drinking some coffee and was thinking about it so I figured I would ask the experts.

Larrow provided a good example, but it is a little more then I need:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/155687-script-modules-that-are-updated-on-event-completion/

Travis

I belive you can sync the virtual support module with a trigger and the unit that you want to have the support available for. Because you synced it with a trigger it'll wait for the trigger to become true and after that you can call in the support. 

I can be completely wrong on this, feel free to correct me.  :)

So my approach almost worked. When condition of trigger is true in the action I set [requester, "Transport", -1] call BIS_fnc_limitSupport; . Works great. Here is the problem.... if you log off and back on the server it does not sync the support back. I have the below in initPlayerinit. This works in my other MP mission, but i from the get go I have the support available not being activated by the trigger and have the below bit works fine.  What am I missing?

initPlayerLocal.sqf

//**Support Sync**
player synchronizeObjectsAdd [support];
BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE;

Travis

Well I found my mistake!

this should be ...

player synchronizeObjectsAdd [requester];
BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE;