Marduk1813

Escape from Tarkov

Hey guys,

2 weeks ago, the so far unknown russian studio Battlestate Games revealed a trailer about the project Escape from Tarkov. This is how they describe it:

Escape from Tarkov is a new hardcore narrative MMO mix of FPS/TPS and RPG genres. Protagonist finds himself in modern Russian the city sunk into anarchy: only the fittest will solve the mysteries of Tarkov and get out alive. Combat simulator in dangerous & hazardous environments uses multitude of system modules for full gameplay immersion and sense of reality. 

• Your main target is to survive and escape the city of Tarkov. As usual in MMOs you can work in groups with other players and also have to fight enemy groups. By completing quests you will advance in the story-line, but still have the freedom of choice, so you can do what you want.
  • Tarkov is controlled by several factions. In think I read somewhere that one of them is some kind of russian special forces which are battleing NATO-units.  
  • The devs call it "hyper-realistic". By that they mean the gunplay and the movement, the game-physics and features like sickness, injuries and radioation-sickness which you have to take care of.
  • The game will contain various features like crafting, looting, base-building and a skill-system which allows you to play different styles.
  • It won't be f2p. Some pages say something about p2p just like WoW.  

Looks like a promising mix of games like Stalker, DayZ, ArmA and the upcoming The Division with the graphics of Battlefield 4. On the website of the game you can sign up for a beta which is starting in the 1st quarter of 2016.   

Here you can see the announcement-trailer:

Today they uploaded first gameplay-footage.

Source (german)

• Like 4

This looks so great! I love the realistic look and the weapon customization.

Sure it looks interesting and cool but i don't know about that MMO P2P thing , it might end up like Survarium (F2P)

if these guys make a Stalker game or some Counter terrorism game - that would have been a better idea imho

Yep my interest went out the window at "mmo". They are usually pure cashgrabs, especially if they are from unknown Russian studios....

The project sounds very ambitious, and I admit I got a strong feeling that says "over-ambitious". The last similar projects with lots of potential - DayZ and Survarium - went massively downhill, also I don't have to high hopes in this new one. Creating a working game with such features isn't a piece of cake, and I don't see any developer which succeeded so far. The trailers and news are the most promising I have seen until today though. If we are lucky it will be a great experience. If we aren't that lucky it's just another game which will die during the alpha or beta-status.

I'm curious how many of the mentioned features already exist. Maybe the content of the trailer is just some kind of "polished shooter-module", and they are trying to create a small hype with empty promises for some cash-grabbing like Hammerpoint with WarZ did. I guess we will see when the beta is released.  

Battlestate released some more information about the game. Besides some pictures a short video about loot mechanics and the inventory got revealed.

On the english facebook-page you can find three main FAQ's which are answering questions people asked about the general mechanics of the game, the pricemodel and similar stuff. Most important thing is that it will be a one-price-game. You can already preorder the game if you want to support the devs. See the FAQ's here:

FAQ1

FAQ2

FAQ3

Information about preordering 

one of the few games i am really looking forwards to

Looks very nice

i wish it wasnt mmo though... at least not exclusively. I dont have time for a permadeath survival mmo where all progress is over because of one dick

AFAIK death in EfT works a bit different:

When you die in an "instance" (with up to 64 Players), you will loose your progress in that instance and your gear you are carrying is gone.

But your skill and your gear packed away in a save storage will still be there to help you back up.

But yeah, there will be a lot of scumbags arround who just camp somewhere to kill as many as possible...

I did preorder the game. Looks nice enough and I'm so happy they don't include anything like zombies or monsters... That topic got borring very quick.

I'm excited for february.

One point which realy amazes me:

Q: Do you plan to include weapons like bow and crossbow?
A: We don’t plan to include bow and crossbow.

Damn, this spam of bows and arrows in actual shooters is so freaking annoying. 

Damn, this spam of bows and arrows in actual shooters is so freaking annoying.

i agree... "hey guys, we bring you now a totally unique and different weapon"... *shows crossbow*.

AFAIK death in EfT works a bit different:

When you die in an "instance" (with up to 64 Players), you will loose your progress in that instance and your gear you are carrying is gone.

But your skill and your gear packed away in a save storage will still be there to help you back up.

by repeatedly dying you will just simply run out of gear though... The average K/D in shooters is 1 basically. So if you are an average person and come across 2 hostile people after another with same skill in an instance, chances of dieing are around 75% (assuming equal entry conditions). So i wonder how that is supposed to work... I mean, you propably might get basic gear that you never lose, but still, it's unlikely to be a normal assaultrifle. In that case the gear benefits from looting would be so short lived in that case, that it could end up beeing "a waste" in the first place. I'm curious, but i have doubts that this is for me. Shame really, i like the scenario idea and the graphics/effects and stalker esque gameplay seems to be right up my alley.

New Developer Diary. It's in Russian (all Dutch to me) but the attention to weapon handling requires no translation:

• Like 1

Looks interesting, but will wait until its released fully, I think.

Nice, the animations put Arma to shame :D I hope to be included in the beta!

They have stated there is no microtransactions, p2p, p2w, etc... It is buy to play, but they do plan on releasing dlc/expansions as well.

I just discovered this game today. was reading on it for several hours. Looks interesting. The gameplay mechanics that I've seen, and the gunplay seem really attractive to me. Scrolling mouse wheel to have fine control over movement speed and stance height, for example, sounds promising.

i only pre-order BI games. But this was indeed an exception, mainly because i love the attention and love of details the lads are putting into it (and i know someone who works for them :P)

Survival games don't usually interest me. But the way they are making this and the detail they're putting into it, makes me think it will be a really tactical survival game. Which sounds very inviting. I possibly still won't pre-order, but I think I'll be buying it for sure.

Nice change to Arma.

Gameplay footage released today.....

• Like 2

Yesterday they planned a stream of alpha gameplay, first in russian, later in english. Seems like something has gone horribly wrong with the russian stream and so they cancelled the english stream. Does anyone know what happend there?

There will be another stream, they will announce the date for it soon. 

https://www.twitch.tv/battlestategames/profile

The new stream of the Alpha footage will be today at 20:00 CEST on Youtube!  :218: