loopdk

Show "live" map on billbord???

Hey guys,

I am looking for som way to show my map on a billbord....

So if i put a marker it will show up on the billbord ore if i use map gesture i will show on the bill bord.....

eny iders``?

Wont say its impossible, im sure someone has a bit of knowledge out there on how it can be down (probably with an extension), but from a basic-intermediate scripting standpoint, you are not able to do this

Wont say its impossible, im sure someone has a bit of knowledge out there on how it can be down (probably with an extension), but from a basic-intermediate scripting standpoint, you are not able to do this

:cry2:

You can put down a billboard, then put a trigger on it. A really small one so that you need to stand right next to the billboard to activate the trigger. Then sync the trigger with the "Strategic Map Module"?

Another way would be to use addaction on the billboard's init line.:

null = this addaction ["Open Strategic Map", "openMap show"];

Hope this helps. And these are workarounds if you mean "live map" on an object like, literally.

• Thanks 1

The thing i wanna do is have a billbord for brifing on missions.

I want to be able to use the map gesture mod .. and want to be able to put in markes...

in that way when i am doing a brifing i can open my map and the same map will show on the billbord

you can force open map for every player when you open yours instead and close it when you close yours.

you can force open map for every player when you open yours instead and close it when you close yours.

How ???

ARMA never fails to amaze you. Great feed there KZK !! ;)

no, when you want ppl to attend the map, and you must do it on very client.

An easy way is to use a radio trigger, activation once, and when you are with your buddies, then tell them to pay attention.. you radio 0-0-1 and ta dah, everyone sees their map.

no, when you want ppl to attend the map, and you must do it on very client.

An easy way is to use a radio trigger, activation once, and when you are with your buddies, then tell them to pay attention.. you radio 0-0-1 and ta dah, everyone sees their map.

That wont allow me to set markers ore use map gesture:(

That wont allow me to set markers ore use map gesture:(

I dont know about gesture, but the map is the map, you should be able to share markers

You want to use openMap.

forceMap is for forcing map screen in cutscenes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You want to use openMap.

Show player's map. If forced, cannot be closed

this is not what i am looking for!

The thing i wanna do is have a billbord for brifing on missions.

I want to be able to use the map gesture mod .. and want to be able to put in markes...

in that way when i am doing a brifing i can open my map and the same map will show on the billbord

You want to use openMap.

This ^^^ Yeah, sorry, forceMap opens noninteractive map

On the other hand, if you want players not being able to close it and watch you adding markers and what not, you can openMap for yourself and forceMap for other players

He wants to put a map display on a billboard, not just open the map display.

Certainly not an easy thing to do. I have looked into it a bit, but not willing to invest the time to explore using screenToWorld type stuff to create a map dialog where the billboard is located onscreen. 

• Like 1

Hello, I open this discussion again.
Have you found how to display the map on the billboard?
Thanks

Spoiler

I was Thinking that we Create Questions here so DEV team can help us....But they are actually watching to learn from us ...

DEAR DEVS !!!!!! Is there anyone Survived the war ....Oh Mate war never Fucking changes ....

SOMEONE ANSWER THIS HARDCORE INTRESTING QUESTION WE GOT HERE PLS....ANYONE ?

HOW WE CAN SHOW THE UAV FEED AND THE LIVE  STRATEGIC MAP ON A FREAKING SCREEEEEEEEN ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was Thinking that we Create Questions here so DEV team can help us....But they are actually watching to learn from us ...

DEAR DEVS !!!!!! Is there anyone Survived the war ....Oh Mate war never Fucking changes ....

SOMEONE ANSWER THIS HARDCORE INTRESTING QUESTION WE GOT HERE PLS....ANYONE ?

HOW WE CAN SHOW THE UAV FEED AND THE LIVE  STRATEGIC MAP ON A FREAKING SCREEEEEEEEN ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uav screen you can,strategic map you can't

Well, Good enough Thanks...

But can it be done in the middle of the Mission ? with like Zeus or Command console ? Cause I've seen the Killzonekid's Method but that's take a loooots of scripting...

Yes, with scripting 😉

As long as it works outside of the Editor Im Okay with any amount of scripts....

Hey H the creator of cTab did it on his tablet....he got the straight drone turret footage...I wonder How...

Your Satellite view will look great on an screen too...😉 Only if I can Assemble the dawn satellite backpack 😔

I'm not at home so I can't run tests on your issue @neman.ekd btw with the satellite mod you can also access the satellite by deploying an antenna and connecting it to the U.T.D. tablet. Both can be found in the inventory items.