autigergrad

[ALiVE, COOP 21, MP, SP] UK Pathfinders Afghanistan

Nope the steam version of Spyder addons throws the same error... Oh well just gotta wait i guess :unsure:

That's because the mission has not yet been updated. It's using outdated modules. Essentially, because I changed the classname of the civilian interaction module, the mission is trying to load the old one (which doesn't exist).

Mission update:

Added Apache Helo Support for UK forces

Added Helo Rearm and Spawner

Removed AllinArma and switched to CUP Terrains

Adjusted mission for better performance on lower end machines.

• Like 1

Thanks, Autigergrad!

Along with Pilgrimage, Hunter Six and couple other of yours *cough* Spanish Sunrise and Royal Marines Kunduz *cough*, this mission has a soft place on my heart. One of my favorites for any game of all time!

*I think I need to see a doctor. :)

The updates are very much appreciated. Could you get us updated Dropbox links on these missions so I can play them on my dedi?

EDIT: Thanks for the Dropbox updates on this one and British Steel! Yes!!!!!!

• Like 1

Mission Updated. I dropped a ton of dependencies and added CUP and my own Custom Takistan Civlian CUP faction as well. All mods (except 3CB mods) are available on Steam Workshop. I also added custom billboards, custom sounds, and custom images throughout the campaign. I hope you enjoy the update.

• Like 2

UPDATE: 9/19/2017  Mission has been updated.

-Added VCOM AI in script form (you do NOT have to run it as a mod, already included)

-Added my custom VCOM AI Opfor Revamped Taliban/Takistan militia

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 4

Hi...

First I've seen this - I'll give it a shot - thanks for sharing...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autigergrad said:

UPDATE: 9/19/2017  Mission has been updated.

-Added VCOM AI in script form (you do NOT have to run it as a mod, already included)

-Added my custom VCOM AI Opfor Revamped Taliban/Takistan militia

Hope you enjoy.

Thanks but there's an issue with your URL for Steam

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was an error communicating with the network. Please try again later.

1 hour ago, domokun said:

Thanks but there's an issue with your URL for Steam

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was an error communicating with the network. Please try again later.

There's no issue.  

I just clicked on it and it took me right there.

All links are valid.

6 hours ago, autigergrad said:

There's no issue.  

I just clicked on it and it took me right there.

All links are valid.

OK my bad.

It now works fine from my end too.

Sorry for the false alert.

Hello autigergrad,

Thanks for all the hard work on this and other missions I've just recently downloaded. I took a hiatus from ALiVE/ACE/Vcom for about a year. Since the recent updates, it looks like a ton of improvements have occurred. I had an old version of British Steel I really liked and stumbled on your steam workshop page. I've downloaded the new British Steel, Restrepo (no-Vcom), Brother's Keeper and this mission as they look like you've updated these recently, especially with the Vcom AI script and your custom configs in them. I've opened up these missions to see the inner workings and I have a few questions that I hope you'll entertain:

1. I noticed you have the userconfig folder with the AISettingsV2.hpp file configured; the VCOMAI_DefaultSettings.sqf file is also in the functions folder>>main VCOMAI folder. Does the userconfig .hpp file settings overwrite the VCOMAI_DefaultSettings.sqf settings? I'm guessing yes, but not sure.

2. It appears that Vcom AI and ALiVE are working together without the combat support heli issues that used to occur. Do you know if that was an ALiVE fix, or did Genesis make a fix in Vcom AI? I did check the ALiVE wiki and ran through a few pages of Genesis' Vcom AI forum posts. I may have missed it. I just want to know if I still need to add some code somewhere for when I try to make my own missions, I didn't seen anything in your modules or init.sqf, so I'm assuming those little scripts are no longer necessary?

3. ALiVE insurgency ending. I saw a post in the ALiVE forum from 2016 that you had some posts in regarding how to end an ALiVE insurgency mission. I messaged with HeroesandvillainsOS, who was also in the post, but he said the code that was discussed did not work. I noticed you have a trigger in this mission with the following parameters:

Blufor present

Condition:
if (isServer) then {count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 9000, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles) == 0 && {count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 9000, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles) == 0}} else {false};

On Activation:
if (isServer) then {    ["end1","BIS_fnc_endMission",true,true] call BIS_fnc_MP};

I'm not fluent in Arma code but it looks like a kill-counter that fires an end mission script when opfor entity/vehicle ALiVE profiles are both =0. Yes, I'm sure I could play for weeks to see if this works, but I'm guessing if it's in there you've already tested it. Am I correct on the purpose of this script? If so, great, this would be a big help as I've never figured out how to end these ALiVE missions.

Thanks again for some great missions and reading through these questions.

Ah, so I went back to find that thread and the original mission end thread here:

http://alivemod.com/forum/1662-asymmetric-warfare-win-conditions/0

http://alivemod.com/forum/1256-best-way-to-end-mission-in-large-scale-assault.

So, I guess it still works?

For number 2 regarding VCOM, the fix was included directly in ALiVE with their most recent update. There is no need to run any exclusion codes manually for VCOM to play nicely with ALiVE CS. See this commit for details: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/commit/cf6133bf4841f2421b8d3e6ce8f19861710a2327

Though if you use a headless client, it probably could stand to be tested.

Regarding the end game trigger, that's the one you and I were discussing that gave me issues. I don't want to speak for Autigergrad though. Maybe he has better luck with it than me (though I do strongly encourage he remove the trigger if he hasn't tested it recently).

Thanks, that combat support fix is what I was hoping for. I was asking about the trigger because after we talked, I saw it in the Sep19 update for this mission when I unpacked it. You guys have kept me busy with all these missions :thumb:

• Like 1

On 10/1/2017 at 8:24 PM, 4-325Ranger said:

3. ALiVE insurgency ending.

On 10/1/2017 at 8:24 PM, 4-325Ranger said:

So, I guess it still works?

Tested on a small insurgency, insurgents 30 reinforcements, blufor 1000, both sides set to dynamic for max reinforcements. Tested editor, hosted LAN, indeed still worked. Have not tested on dedi. I would imagine on a full force packet reinforcement along with civilian recruitment it would take quite a while to hit this, also not 100% sure how saving would affect it if at all, but was interesting to see it actually end. Now I know...

Gday,

I got to say this is the most fun I have had in ARMA for months now. Great mission really really well done.

I have a question is it possible to do a non ACE version. I am playing with some guys whom have only just bought the game and I feel that ACE is just not for them right now. 

Also I am not a fan of the medical side of things with ACE :) We would be playing on Private server and would not be open to the public if that makes a difference.

Or is it something I can do, remove all the ACE stuff and not break it completely? lolol

Cheers

Ben

• Like 1

On 09/12/2017 at 1:57 PM, TOG|BadBenny said:

Gday,

I got to say this is the most fun I have had in ARMA for months now. Great mission really really well done.

I have a question is it possible to do a non ACE version. I am playing with some guys whom have only just bought the game and I feel that ACE is just not for them right now. 

Also I am not a fan of the medical side of things with ACE :) We would be playing on Private server and would not be open to the public if that makes a difference.

Or is it something I can do, remove all the ACE stuff and not break it completely? lolol

Cheers

Ben

Yep we would love to try this mission but we don't run ace on our server

Benny/Norm

From autigergrad's steam workshop page:

NOTE* All of my missions are built with my own clan in mind and catered to. That being said, we use ACE Advanced medical in our missions, which is what this mission is set to. If you don't like Advanced Medical, ACE, or VCOM AI...you are more than welcome to download the pbo, open it in your editor, and adjust to your liking. I will not be removing any of these if requested. THIS ALSO MEANS YOU CAN SWITCH TO SINGLE PLAYER SAVE WITH THE LASTEST ALIVE UPDATE IF DESIRED. I will not make that change myself, but feel free to edit to your liking.

He puts out quite a few of these types of missions that he updates fairly often. Seems pretty clear he won't modify by request, so I'd say remove the dependency yourselves and go forth!

Another option: HeroesandvillainsOS (above) makes several similar ALiVE Insurgency missions, but WITHOUT the ACE dependency if removal is an issue for you or your mission maker.

If you still want to remove the ACE dependency, PM me and I can walk you through it. Took about 15 minutes for me to do this one.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 3:07 PM, 4-325Ranger said:

Benny/Norm

From autigergrad's steam workshop page:

NOTE* All of my missions are built with my own clan in mind and catered to. That being said, we use ACE Advanced medical in our missions, which is what this mission is set to. If you don't like Advanced Medical, ACE, or VCOM AI...you are more than welcome to download the pbo, open it in your editor, and adjust to your liking. I will not be removing any of these if requested. THIS ALSO MEANS YOU CAN SWITCH TO SINGLE PLAYER SAVE WITH THE LASTEST ALIVE UPDATE IF DESIRED. I will not make that change myself, but feel free to edit to your liking.

He puts out quite a few of these types of missions that he updates fairly often. Seems pretty clear he won't modify by request, so I'd say remove the dependency yourselves and go forth!

Another option: HeroesandvillainsOS (above) makes several similar ALiVE Insurgency missions, but WITHOUT the ACE dependency if removal is an issue for you or your mission maker.

If you still want to remove the ACE dependency, PM me and I can walk you through it. Took about 15 minutes for me to do this one.

Ok thanks for that, if I get stuck I will PM U.

Cheers

• Like 1

Mission has been updated 1/7/2019

• Civilian and Opfor factions have been replaced with Community Factions Project
  • VCOM AI has been updated to latest 3.1 version and is now FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE FROM INGAME.  Just use Configure Addons in the menu and edit to your liking.  

Enjoy.

• Like 2