autigergrad

[ALiVE, COOP 21, MP, SP] UK Pathfinders Afghanistan

I could write a simple script that gives you a one time action to teleport all of your AI group members to your location so you can make use of player persiste ce when alone as well.

Will try to expand on the more technical questions when I'm back to my PC.

• Like 1

When I say the rangefinder isn't working, it is fine as a pair of simple binoculars but the range stays as dashed lines no matter where you point it.

When I say the rangefinder isn't working, it is fine as a pair of simple binoculars but the range stays as dashed lines no matter where you point it.

There should be a button you hit (tab?) to range the location you are looking at.

2. I'm kind of new to this all myself but I know for certain different towns/locations will be occupied differently upon each mission restart. ALiVE is the exact opposite of scripted. I believe even the extremely small amounts of manually placed units will behave differently based on the AI Commander's wishes but I'll let a more seasoned ALiVE player answer this question specifically. 

Yep. Everything from vehicle locations, vehicle damage points, vehicle ammo, unit positions, unit's current orders, opcom's orders, current logistics movements, player position, player ammo/health/etc and more is all stored upon mission end (use ALiVE Server Save and Exit) and then restored upon starting the mission again (granted persistence is setup correctly).

• Like 1

Well I finally managed to get this mission and the required mods onto my dad's PC and we had a few hours messing around and really enjoyed it.

He's in his late sixties and we only like to play as a pair with no AI and on the easier difficulty so there's a few things I'd like to change/ask if anyone can help? I'm pretty OK with editing missions.

1. I've turned wind to manual and 0 using advanced Intel. Is this the best way to do it?

2. He uses the Nightstalker scope to make rangefinding more straightforward. How do I make it range continuously without tab button press?

3. When I die I don't respawn. I have to exit in alive menu to character selection screen and he chooses the same person and I choose another as mine is obviously kia. When he dies he comes back to life as the same person but seemingly carrying any injuries he already had. We don't use a dedi server, I just host. We'd like to keep respawning as the same person. When I've practised solo I have always respawned at the base as the same person.

4. I play as leader and him as sniper. What do we need to take to make sure we can heal each other to some degree. Ideally we'd like full medic abilities.

5. Is it possible to assign the red box targets when playing without AI?

Thanks very much

Jassida, I'm just popping in to say it's really cool how you play this mission with family. :) I love hearing that.

I can't actually answer some of your questions, and I'm not sure how mission-specific some of the answers will be (I think some of them may be more ARMA related), but hopefully Autigergrad will pop in soon to clarify.

Jassida, I'm just popping in to say it's really cool how you play this mission with family. :) I love hearing that.

I can't actually answer some of your questions, and I'm not sure how mission-specific some of the answers will be (I think some of them may be more ARMA related), but hopefully Autigergrad will pop in soon to clarify.

Haha thanks. First got him into coop shooters whilst playing quake 2 and he's been booked ever since.

I think I can get things to how we need them to be if I could find where to edit the I it loadouts.

Where are he scripts etc. that I could open to change the sniper scope to night stalker for instance?

Thanks a lot.

Haha thanks. First got him into coop shooters whilst playing quake 2 and he's been booked ever since.

I think I can get things to how we need them to be if I could find where to edit the I it loadouts.

Where are he scripts etc. that I could open to change the sniper scope to night stalker for instance?

Thanks a lot.

Not sure man. If you have a program like PBO manager, you can extract the contents of the PBO and see all the scripts there.

Then what I do is load up the mission in the Editor (place the contents of the extracted PBO in a folder in your Documents/ARMA 3/OtherProfiles/Missions folder), and save it in the Editor as a MP Mission. That will pack everything back up.

Just make sure all of the contents show up inside the @mission file back in your MP missions folder. If you change the mission name in the editor only the mission.sqm file will transfer back to the PBO (meaning all of the scripts would be missing).

If that ends up happening, just copy/paste them back in.

Not sure man. If you have a program like PBO manager, you can extract the contents of the PBO and see all the scripts there.

Then what I do is load up the mission in the Editor (place the contents of the extracted PBO in a folder in your Documents/ARMA 3/OtherProfiles/Missions folder), and save it in the Editor as a MP Mission. That will pack everything back up.

Just make sure all of the contents show up inside the @mission file back in your MP missions folder. If you change the mission name in the editor only the mission.sqm file will transfer back to the PBO (meaning all of the scripts would be missing).

If that ends up happening, just copy/paste them back in.

Thanks but I can already edit missions and export them, I just can't find where the mission (missions actually, I've never found the location despite editing multiple missions) gets the custom loadouts from.

There just doesn't seem to be anywhere that references it and I've searched init, mission etc.

Well I finally managed to get this mission and the required mods onto my dad's PC and we had a few hours messing around and really enjoyed it.

He's in his late sixties and we only like to play as a pair with no AI and on the easier difficulty so there's a few things I'd like to change/ask if anyone can help? I'm pretty OK with editing missions.

1. I've turned wind to manual and 0 using advanced Intel. Is this the best way to do it?

2. He uses the Nightstalker scope to make rangefinding more straightforward. How do I make it range continuously without tab button press?

3. When I die I don't respawn. I have to exit in alive menu to character selection screen and he chooses the same person and I choose another as mine is obviously kia. When he dies he comes back to life as the same person but seemingly carrying any injuries he already had. We don't use a dedi server, I just host. We'd like to keep respawning as the same person. When I've practised solo I have always respawned at the base as the same person.

4. I play as leader and him as sniper. What do we need to take to make sure we can heal each other to some degree. Ideally we'd like full medic abilities.

5. Is it possible to assign the red box targets when playing without AI?

Thanks very much

1. Wind is part of the ALiVE weather.  Just remove the module and manually adjust wind to 0.

2.This mission uses ACE integration.  Again...just open up the mission and remove ACE.

3. There are no respawns in SP.  If you start a MP game on your local server, then you will get respawns.  Not sure why it wouldn't work for you.

4. You can heal each other using the ACE medical system

5. Not following on red box targets? Are you referring to the ALiVE Markers or CQB grids?

1. Wind is part of the ALiVE weather.  Just remove the module and manually adjust wind to 0.

2.This mission uses ACE integration.  Again...just open up the mission and remove ACE.

3. There are no respawns in SP.  If you start a MP game on your local server, then you will get respawns.  Not sure why it wouldn't work for you.

4. You can heal each other using the ACE medical system

5. Not following on red box targets? Are you referring to the ALiVE Markers or CQB grids?

Thank you so much for repyling.

On point 3 I'm hoping there might have been an issue with the mods/mod order...will try again soon.

On point 5, When you play with ai and the leader (me) points at a target and orders the target attacked, a red box shows up around the target to help it to be acquired (by my Dad). This doesn't happen if you play without AI.

To be honest though, the thing I want to know the most is where the mission calls the unit loadouts from. I'm really keen to change the sniper scope but if I edit the ini in the editor and add another scope, the game gives an alive xeh error and the scope does not show.

Where would I need to go to, to change the unit loadouts? I'm really keen to build some missions but just can't figure out whether these units have standard loadouts etc. I can see the units listed in the mission, do they just use the standard loadouts of the British Army mods?

Hope I'm making sense.

Thanks a lot.

Thank you so much for repyling.

On point 3 I'm hoping there might have been an issue with the mods/mod order...will try again soon.

On point 5, When you play with ai and the leader (me) points at a target and orders the target attacked, a red box shows up around the target to help it to be acquired (by my Dad). This doesn't happen if you play without AI.

To be honest though, the thing I want to know the most is where the mission calls the unit loadouts from. I'm really keen to change the sniper scope but if I edit the ini in the editor and add another scope, the game gives an alive xeh error and the scope does not show.

Where would I need to go to, to change the unit loadouts? I'm really keen to build some missions but just can't figure out whether these units have standard loadouts etc. I can see the units listed in the mission, do they just use the standard loadouts of the British Army mods?

Hope I'm making sense.

Thanks a lot.

Hey Jassida, i sent you a PM regarding some of your questions. Hope it helps ! But also if you ever just need to hop on a TS server to ask questions i would be more than happy to have you jump on ours.

Hey Jassida, i sent you a PM regarding some of your questions. Hope it helps ! But also if you ever just need to hop on a TS server to ask questions i would be more than happy to have you jump on ours.

Would you mind posting the PM here? Just incase someone ever has the same questions it could prove useful.

I'm glad you could help him (I definitely didn't know the answer to most of his questions). The community here is excellent. Everyone is very eager to help everyone. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Oh! I guess while I'm thinking of it.

Is anyone able to successfully pull up their friendly units location under commander tablet/Operations/BLUFOR Units?

What this is normally supposed to do is present a message on the tablet that says "waiting..."

Then on the map in the tablet, all of your friendly squads appear as blue squares on the map that you can then click on and move around the map.

It's not working for me in this mission and I'm not sure if it's that way by design? When I click on BLUFOR Units, I don't get any loading message and nothing happens on the map.

Well I've had another go at this mission and I just cannot get healing to work, whether it be ordering a medic to heal or being a medic and trying myself.

I get the self interaction menu but not the medical menu and I am pressing H and have checked that H is assigned.

I've got all the latest versions of all the mods and they're in the correct order. I've also tried moving that XEH file in CBA.

If I shoot one of my teammates in the leg I simply cannot do anything to help them (I am testing on LAN with AI and no other humans).

Do I need to add the ACE medical module or is there some other way you are supposed to heal (the normal way doesn't show up either)?

Thanks a lot.

Well I've had another go at this mission and I just cannot get healing to work, whether it be ordering a medic to heal or being a medic and trying myself.

I get the self interaction menu but not the medical menu and I am pressing H and have checked that H is assigned.

I've got all the latest versions of all the mods and they're in the correct order. I've also tried moving that XEH file in CBA.

If I shoot one of my teammates in the leg I simply cannot do anything to help them (I am testing on LAN with AI and no other humans).

Do I need to add the ACE medical module or is there some other way you are supposed to heal (the normal way doesn't show up either)?

Thanks a lot.

Two things. One, there's two xeh files that need to be moved to the CBA Addons folder from the optional folder. Don't forget the bisign! And don't use CBA from workshop. It will reset this folder back to its original state every time you launch the game.

Secondly, I removed ACE medical from this mission for my own use for the very reason you mentioned, you cannot heal AI or order them to heal you with ACE. In fact, I have a thread about it over in questions and answers and don't use ACE any more in any SP mission for that very reason.

With Autigergrad's permission, I can share my non-ACE version with you. But I need his permission first. I'd never share something of someone else's without permission to start, and secondly, I consider him a friend. :) Or you could try removing it yourself. Though please don't share it or make it available in any way without getting clarification from him first in what his terms of service are.

I keep getting fn_arp_setobjecttexture.sqf not found

and

spyderaddons_civinteractmodule no longer exists

and the game crashes after 10 minutes

Two things. One, there's two xeh files that need to be moved to the CBA Addons folder from the optional folder. Don't forget the bisign! And don't use CBA from workshop. It will reset this folder back to its original state every time you launch the game.

Secondly, I removed ACE medical from this mission for my own use for the very reason you mentioned, you cannot heal AI or order them to heal you with ACE. In fact, I have a thread about it over in questions and answers and don't use ACE any more in any SP mission for that very reason.

With Autigergrad's permission, I can share my non-ACE version with you. But I need his permission first. I'd never share something of someone else's without permission to start, and secondly, I consider him a friend. :) Or you could try removing it yourself. Though please don't share it or make it available in any way without getting clarification from him first in what his terms of service are.

Thanks but I've sorted it now by removing all the medical pbos and dll from ACE folder. I'd already moved both the XEH files but it still wasn't working.

I keep getting fn_arp_setobjecttexture.sqf not found

and

spyderaddons_civinteractmodule no longer exists

and the game crashes after 10 minutes

I get the first error which I'm pretty sure doesn't cause any problems and is just a general bug in the mod.

The second error is probably the cause of your crashes. I would delete and redownload spyder addon then reenable, making sure all your  mods are in the same order.

Thanks for the tips jassida... i tried to re download Spyders mod (version-30.12.2015) from pws and then again from Armaholic then from his DropBox... but still getting the same error?

It looks like there a is a nine day older version of Spyders mod... pre the fix to Civinteract_

I wonder if he broke something in the last update?

Guys get Spyder's mod from Workshop. This mission uses an outdated version of his addons. So bare in mind some kind of error is going to happen to everyone not using his old version regardless.

Originally, Autigergrad made this mission before Spyder released his mod on Workshop. I'm positive using a newer version is the cause of the error. The problem is, which I'm struggling fixing, is in this mission, deleting his civilian interaction module in the editor and replacing it isn't getting rid of the message. Which is odd because this usually works for me. But that said, this error is unique to Pathfinders so there must be some old bit of Spyder's module not being overwritten in the mission.sqm

What I'm planning on trying next is deleting everything in the AddOns[] and AddOnsAuto[] part of the mission.sqm, aside from the brackets, and also any reference to Spyder's modules, opening the mission back up in the editor, placing and deleting a unit, saving, and seeing if that works.

In theory I think it should but obviously I'll make a back up first.

I'll hit up Spyder and see if he can pop in for a sec.

Redownload Spyder addons from the workshop, I'll talk to AU about updating the mission to use the latest version.

Yeah guys, I'm in the middle of tweaking/updating the mission. I should have a new version up on steam soon.

Also, I'm switching the dependencies of all of my missions from AIA to CUP terrains.

• Like 2

Yeah guys, I'm in the middle of tweaking/updating the mission. I should have a new version up on steam soon.

Also, I'm switching the dependencies of all of my missions from AIA to CUP terrains.

*cough* Royal Marines Kunduz, British Steel and Spanish Sunrise *cough*

Nope the steam version of Spyder addons throws the same error... Oh well just gotta wait i guess :unsure: