autigergrad

[ALiVE, COOP 21, MP, SP] UK Pathfinders Afghanistan

.eJwVyMENwyAMAMBdGABssLDJMhUiiKRKCgL3VXX

You are a member of the elite Pathfinder Platoon, Britain's elite recon unit of the 16th Air Assault Brigade. Your mission is to travel deep insde Taliban territory and locate areas of Taliban resistance. Though you work as a small unit, you have an enormous amount of support, such as Helicopters and Fighter Bomber support. You can also call in reinforcements to help take and hold key positions. The British Army Presence is strong around your FOB of Rasman Airbase, but beware....the further you drive, the more dangerous it becomes. 

This is a fully functioning, ALiVE campaign with a fully fleshed out Airbase featuring JBAD Buildings, a fleshed out Spec Ops Hangar, Vehicle Spawners, Troop Spawners, and a plethora of other goodies. If you've played my other British Afghanistan campaigns, then you know you'll get a slew of IEDs, suicide bombers, hit and run attacks, ambient animal life such as herds of goats and sheep, Civilian traffic with suicide attacks and insurgents disguised as Civs, and lots of Taliban installations to blow up. The mission is built for persistance and the files can be downloaded for your own dedicated server in the link below. As always, I hope you enjoy it. 

If you don't know how ALiVE works...I HIGHLY recommend you going to alivemod.com and checking it out. There is a full WIKI that will tell you everything you need to know. 

• Like 2

I played this with Autigergrad for a few hours last night and Oh. My. God. 😮

Welp. I know what I'm doing with the next few months of my life now.

If anyone's tried hosting this using the PBO from the Dropbox link, could you let me know if it's working for you or not? Trying to determine if the issue I'm having is only on my end (it probably is) or if we'll need an update.

FYI, you're missing the HC playable units.  Also you need to set module from SERVER to HC to allow HC to work.

FYI, you're missing the HC playable units.  Also you need to set module from SERVER to HC to allow HC to work.

HC was disabled in this mission (for now) to allow combat support units to work without issue

• Like 1

Ah, sorry didnt know that.

Hey Spyder, i love your enhanced mods, but can never find what you're working on.  Where can i find a list of your MODS?  Like the ones here and Command Tablet, etc...

***** EDIT

N/M, found your github.  Good stuff

• Like 1

BTW, really nice job on the base building!

How are you playing this? Just curious. The Dropbox link needs an update; as of now it can't even be loaded in the editor due to removed dependencies (it requires mods he's since removed). Are you just trying out the Workshop link without running it on a dedicated server?

Autigergrad will be giving us an update sometime this weekend. Assuming his new addition to the family allows it. :)

But yeah man, the base is BAD ASS! LOL!

Here is the current .pbo being used on the server

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uu7a1t1kanwtexc/UK_Pathfinders_Afghanistan.Takistan.pbo?dl=0

Most up to date version

------------------

Running with

ACE
AllinArmaTerrainPackLite
ASR AI3
CBA
TaskForceRadio
ALiVE
NATO SF and Spetsnaz (Weapons)
NATO SF and Spetsnaz Vehicles
CAF Aggressors
3CB Equipment
3CB Weapons
3CB Vehicles
3CB Units
Burnes foxhound
JBAD Buildings
SpyderAddons
RDS Static Weapons
PsyLandRover
UKSF_Mas
Arma Role Play Objects 2 (ARP2)
  • Like 1

Here is the current .pbo being used on the server

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uu7a1t1kanwtexc/UK_Pathfinders_Afghanistan.Takistan.pbo?dl=0

Most up to date version

------------------

Running with

ACE

AllinArmaTerrainPackLite

ASR AI3

CBA

TaskForceRadio

ALiVE

NATO SF and Spetsnaz (Weapons)

NATO SF and Spetsnaz Vehicles

CAF Aggressors

3CB Equipment

3CB Weapons

3CB Vehicles

3CB Units

Burnes foxhound

JBAD Buildings

SpyderAddons

RDS Static Weapons

PsyLandRover

UKSF_Mas

Arma Role Play Objects 2 (ARP2)

Thanks, Spyder.

Guys, these are the mods, NOT the load order. See above in the OP.

I'm using the regular version of AiA with no issues, for those that are wondering. Spyder, should I get the lite version for this mission just to be safe?

Thanks, Spyder.

Guys, these are the mods, NOT the load order. See above in the OP.

I'm using the regular version of AiA with no issues, for those that are wondering. Spyder, should I get the lite version for this mission just to be safe?

The full version of AiA simply contains higher quality assets. With AiA Lite, some objects and textures may appear blurry while AiA full will have the full quality at the expense of disk space.

I can't get my dedicated server to run.  I have all of the mods installed and I uploaded the the dropbox mission/files folder named UK_Pathfinders_Takistan to my root directory.  Here is an excerpt of the rpt error i keep getting:

arning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.civ_interact, Jbad_Misc_Lamp, mil, Jbad_Misc_Com, hangar_2, Cargo_Cont, Jbad_Misc_Construction, hanger, sup_vehiclespawn, sup_recruit

20:31:56 Missing addons detected:
20:31:56   civ_interact
20:31:56   Jbad_Misc_Lamp
20:31:56   mil
20:31:56   Jbad_Misc_Com
20:31:56   hangar_2
20:31:56   Cargo_Cont
20:31:56   Jbad_Misc_Construction
20:31:56   hanger
20:31:56   sup_vehiclespawn
20:31:56   sup_recruit
20:31:56 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.civ_interact, Jbad_Misc_Lamp, mil, Jbad_Misc_Com, hangar_2, Cargo_Cont, Jbad_Misc_Construction, hanger, sup_vehiclespawn, sup_recruit
20:31:56 Missing addons detected:

list of mods enabled:   mod=@CBA_A3;@allinarmaterrainpack;@3cb_baf_equipment;@3cb_baf_vehicles;@3cb_baf_units;@3cb_baf_weapons;@CAF_AG1.5;@NATO_Rus_Weapons;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@UKSF_mas;@RDS;@PsyLandRover;@burnes_foxhound;@ARP2;@task_force_radio;@ALiVE;@ASR_AI3;@ace; -serverMod= -ip=85.190.156.124 -port=27000 -maxmem=2047 -noCB -exThreads=1 -filePatching -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -profiles=config -config=config\server.cfg -cfg=config\basic.cfg -name=arma3 -loadMissionToMemory

JBAD Buildings is enabled.

I fixed the problem.  I had to rename the folder JBAD Buildings to JBAD_Buildings

JBAD Buildings is enabled.

I fixed the problem.  I had to rename the folder JBAD Buildings to JBAD_Buildings

Yeah, several dedicated servers don't "like" mods with spaces in their names. Placing an underscore in its place usually fixes the issue.

• Like 1

Yeah, several dedicated servers don't "like" mods with spaces in their names. Placing an underscore in its place usually fixes the issue.

I found out the hard way.  The problem is when running the mod lines to start the server, if anything has spaces then it needs to be quoted.  So for example:

"mod=@CBA_A3;@allinarmaterrainpack;@3cb_baf_equipment;@3cb_baf_vehicles;@3cb_baf_units;@3cb_baf_weapons;@CAF_AG1.5;@NATO_Rus_Weapons;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@UKSF_mas;@RDS;@PsyLandRover;@burnes_foxhound;@ARP2;@task_force_radio;@ALiVE;@ASR_AI3;@ace;" -serverMod= -ip=XXXXX -port=27000 -maxmem=2047 -noCB -exThreads=1 -filePatching -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -profiles=config -config=config\server.cfg -cfg=config\basic.cfg -name=arma3 -loadMissionToMemory

BTW man (@Solarliving), you will want to remove your IP Address!!!  This is a public forum

I found out the hard way.  The problem is when running the mod lines to start the server, if anything has spaces then it needs to be quoted.  So for example:

"mod=@CBA_A3;@allinarmaterrainpack;@3cb_baf_equipment;@3cb_baf_vehicles;@3cb_baf_units;@3cb_baf_weapons;@CAF_AG1.5;@NATO_Rus_Weapons;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@UKSF_mas;@RDS;@PsyLandRover;@burnes_foxhound;@ARP2;@task_force_radio;@ALiVE;@ASR_AI3;@ace;" -serverMod= -ip=XXXXX -port=27000 -maxmem=2047 -noCB -exThreads=1 -filePatching -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -profiles=config -config=config\server.cfg -cfg=config\basic.cfg -name=arma3 -loadMissionToMemory

BTW man (@Solarliving), you will want to remove your IP Address!!!  This is a public forum

I'm not seeing any spaces in your example mod line. Just underscores and words placed together.

@Hero,

He fixed it here.... Guess his original mod line didnt include the folder.  But either way i was sharing as a FYI

• Like 1

@Hero,

He fixed it here.... Guess his original mod line didnt include the folder.  But either way i was sharing as a FYI

Yeah man I appreciate the heads up. I had no clue a bug like that existed. I went through every mod I have last night and nixed the spaces. LOL!

Finally managed to get everything downloaded and working and had a quick play around...seems great, thanks very much.

I have a few questions though if ok?

1. Sometimes the map shows installations but then they disappear, why is that?

2. What triggers mission end, the destruction of every enemy on the map?

3. Can the mission be modified to be able to save in co-op and resume?

Thanks a lot.

Finally managed to get everything downloaded and working and had a quick play around...seems great, thanks very much.

I have a few questions though if ok?

1. Sometimes the map shows installations but then they disappear, why is that?

2. What triggers mission end, the destruction of every enemy on the map?

3. Can the mission be modified to be able to save in co-op and resume?

Thanks a lot.

Is the mission really working for you after the update???

Anyway, to answer your questions:

1. This is intentional. You have a limited time to check the map after receiving the Intel so be quick and lay a marker down! I think it disappears quickly to simulate the feel of a constantly changing battlefield.

2. Autigergrad goes with a more realistic approach to his missions. There really is no "end state." You are there on a permanent basis. Though I've never made it that far, however, I don't think ALiVE units will spawn endlessly. If you play a few hours and have no enemies, you can probably consider the mission won and the world rid of nasty terrorist scum. :)

3. Realistically, I'd advise against it, though I've played missions that are SP save compatible which use an incredibly small portion of ALiVE's suite of features. There's one called The Hunt (made by the same JCAE that commented a couple posts up) which is hosted on here, for example. That said, you'd have to probably essentially take away everything that makes Autigergrad's missions special to accomplish that.

Register with War Room and save your progress that way. It's pretty easy to do and I/we can help you if you run into any issue. I personally host missions with TADST (a dedicated server tool).

Is the mission really working for you after the update???

Anyway, to answer your questions:

1. This is intentional. You have a limited time to check the map after receiving the Intel so be quick and lay a marker down! I think it disappears quickly to simulate the feel of a constantly changing battlefield.

2. Autigergrad grads goes with a more realistic approach to his missions. There really is no "end state." You are there on a permanent basis. Though I've never made it that far, however, I don't think ALiVE units will spawn endlessly. If you play a few hours and have no enemies, you can probably consider the mission won and the world rid of nasty terrorist scum. :)

3. Realistically, I'd advise against it, though I've played missions that are SP save compatible which use an incredibly small portion of ALiVE's suite of features. There's one called The Hunt (made by the same JCAE that commented a couple posts up) which is hosted on here, for example. That said, you'd have to probably essentially take away everything that makes Autigergrad's missions special to accomplish that.

Register with War Room and save your progress that way. It's pretty easy to do and I/we can help you if you run into any issue. I personally host missions with TADST (a dedicated server tool).

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it worked once I downloaded ace 3.4

OK we'll consider it finished when we've done a complete circuit of the map.

Some more questions!

1. Is the rangefinder disabled or is that a general bug? I've been unable to play for a couple of months and this is my first foray back in.

2. Does the mission change every time you play it?

Also what does persistence mean in the case of this mission?

That word suggests that you come back and things are the same.

1. What's going on with the Rangfinder? Could you be more specific?

2. I'm kind of new to this all myself but I know for certain different towns/locations will be occupied differently upon each mission restart. ALiVE is the exact opposite of scripted. I believe even the extremely small amounts of manually placed units will behave differently based on the AI Commander's wishes but I'll let a more seasoned ALiVE player answer this question specifically.

Also what does persistence mean in the case of this mission?

That word suggests that you come back and things are the same.

Well, persistence only means anything if you're playing on a server that's registered with ALiVE's War Room. I'll again leave this question to someone more familiar with the system, but from my experience, most of the critical things such as enemies holding towns/towns cleared/ALiVE markers/etc will persist. Though make sure to reinforce the cleared towns with AI units once you've cleared an area otherwise the terrorists could take it back!

Some other things such as where you spawn, ammo count, gear and your placement (for example, whether you spawn where you saved or back at base) are all dependent on the mission makers choice. For instance, since I generally play alone with AI, I prefer to always spawn back at base on server restart (AI teammates can't spawn in their last saved position. This is one of the downsides to ALiVE currently so it makes no sense for me to spawn alone where I saved last out in the field). But all of the critical stuff that make you feel like you're actually "continuing" the mission should save.

Thanks for all your help.

I understand it all reasonably well now.

One more thing though...in this mission it seems that you respawn everytime you die.

How do you know the respawn type before you start playing a mission like this?

Well it would be kind of a kick in the gut to have to start over/mission fail every time you die, wouldn't it? :) I guess you couldn't really know what the mission maker has in mind for respawning unless they explicitly stated so.

The respawn settings I believe are in description.ext

Open it with Notepad or something and you should see it in there. The exact respawn settings ALiVE uses are on their site. It's kind of new to me too so I haven't had a chance to test my adjustments. On Alivemod.com/forums search for "respawn" or "respawnonstart".

I only just started messing around with this setting (trying to alter one of Autigergrad's other missions to have me respawn back at base on server restart. Currently I spawn back where I saved. Alone with AI spawning back at base). But the adjustments should be simple enough. At least I hope.

I wish I could be of more help on that but again, I'm sort of new to all this too.