BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Closed Beta Feedback

Yes this is planned - it will probably be available when we implement the joining of units with Bohemia Accounts. We're planning to have Unit Leaders (Admin), Operations Managers (able to post events/announcements), Recruitment Officers (able to review applications), and regular members (no special rights). There will probably also be some limit in how many people can have these special rights.

Just wondering: are you planning to expand the member system to include initiates and junior members? (maybe as ranks or some other mechanism)

Hello,

I have some problem to put my Teamspeak adresse to line Optional: Teamspeak Server.

My teamspeak adresse are "atmarma.fr" and it's dont work.

I did not encounter any other problems.

Thx !

I also had problems adding my TS server until I tried entering ts3server://ts3.sarisdragons.org. It turns out the protocol has to be specified.

Quick question: Isn't the protocol implied by the type of server you indicate you're running?

• Like 1

Hello,

i am missing at the BASIC INFO a field for the "Steam Group"

BR,

LORD

• Like 1

I also had problems adding my TS server until I tried entering ts3server://ts3.sarisdragons.org. It turns out the protocol has to be specified.

Thx onno ! It's good now !

It's a good idea to add ranks for manage correctly ranks member !

It would be nice if when servers cannot be reached it displays a message saying 'offline' or 'on standby' as servers that are run for weekly operations are not kept on all the time.

Also the ability to name the server would be nice, e.g.

'Public Server:

3CB Operation Ursus v13
Map: Reshmaan
Players: 3/106
Version: 
Dedicated: 
Address: '

'Private Server:

Map: N/A
Players: 0/106
Version: 
Dedicated: 
Address: '

so if it has made a connection with the server at least once the status goes from 'Offline' to 'On standby'.
  • Like 1

Don't know if you changed anything, I sure didn't, but 'Apply' works now and sends an email.

Suggestion - Allow adding a "join by clicking" code to Skype.

• Like 1

reported a few, seems to be quite a few of them. Looks to be more likely a bug in the search than people making copies.

Yes, this was a nasty bug, thanks! :)

• Like 1

1. On the 4th screen of "New Unit Registration" you cannot delete added featured screenshots.

2. The button "Finish Unit Registration" states Undefinied index UID or the button is grayed out / doesnt do anything.

• Like 1

1. On the 4th screen of "New Unit Registration" you cannot delete added featured screenshots.

2. The button "Finish Unit Registration" states Undefinied index UID or the button is grayed out / doesnt do anything.

Hi, fixed, thanks for the report ;)

• Like 1

Hello

This system looks to be a much needed addition to Arma by making accessible what is essentially a valuable and key differentiating feature; Strong Arma Communities!

I do have one or two questions regarding future plans: Will other sites be able to use Bohemmia accounts as an Oauth service (i.e to sign in with)? This would make integration with our platform much tighter.

Also, we where going to use Steam login, in order to get the Steam user userid (and hence the in game user Id), however I don't see any evidence that a Bohemia account has that info. So are there plans on better integrating game IDs with Bohemmia accounts?

And finally, out of curiosity, what kind of stack are you guys using :) ?

• Like 1

Hello

This system looks to be a much needed addition to Arma by making accessible what is essentially a valuable and key differentiating feature; Strong Arma Communities!

I do have one or two questions regarding future plans: Will other sites be able to use Bohemmia accounts as an Oauth service (i.e to sign in with)? This would make integration with our platform much tighter.

Also, we where going to use Steam login, in order to get the Steam user userid (and hence the in game user Id), however I don't see any evidence that a Bohemia account has that info. So are there plans on better integrating game IDs with Bohemmia accounts?

Hi,

glad you're liking it so far ;)

We're definitely planning to support login/creation with third party Oauth services so users can then connect their steam account to their Bohemia account. As for making the Bohemia accounts as an open Oauth service, it could happen, but I don't want to promise anything just now ;)

And finally, out of curiosity, what kind of stack are you guys using  :) ?

We use several technologies for different parts of the service, I can't go into to much detail, but I can give you a list ;)

• php
  • ngnix
  • postgres
  • mysql
  • redis
  • memcached
  • couchbase
  • nodejs
  • Like 2

Wall of text missed due login issues.

• Creating unit page. Fields on the top of the page are not active. When editing page they can be used to navigate throw layers of needed information (1.Basic Info 2.Characteristics 3,etc). Tho there is "Back" button - making this fields active can make life much more easier.
  • Providing basic information about squad in 2 languages. Community is multi-language, so why dont we add an option to add information in english (basic language) and native language (the one that squad using to communicate between each other). "flag button" will be a great solution.
  • Adding TS adress. Is there a way to add TS adress in form of "servername.com"? Direct adress is fine, but sometimes you need to hide it. (not sure how to name it properly)
  • Server group\Communties page. Add group-like version of unit page. So you can search for a server or community to play with. Make in join-able for other units, so you can see what squads are playing where, how many of them, and what is theyr playstyle. Its a real pain in the...head to find a special people which will play Arma as you do. For example - we were looking for a english speaking community, that was intrested in huge TvT missions (i'm talking about 190ppl server) - and it was a REAL problem to find one, that was ok to download a huge load of addons that we use on server etc etc. Making this pages will forces communities to coop. and play together breaking language barier.

That's it so far.

I would appreciate any feedback on this one. Feel free to send me message.

Endalaner, russian community.

Best regards.

Ps: And sorry for my english.

• Like 1

Not sure its been mentioned but can the TAG section have a higher number of characters. As my squad actually uses our full name of [FUSION] for our tag :)

• Like 1

Wall of text missed due login issues.

• Creating unit page. Fields on the top of the page are not active. When editing page they can be used to navigate throw layers of needed information (1.Basic Info 2.Characteristics 3,etc). Tho there is "Back" button - making this fields active can make life much more easier.
  • Providing basic information about squad in 2 languages. Community is multi-language, so why dont we add an option to add information in english (basic language) and native language (the one that squad using to communicate between each other). "flag button" will be a great solution.
  • Adding TS adress. Is there a way to add TS adress in form of "servername.com"? Direct adress is fine, but sometimes you need to hide it. (not sure how to name it properly)
  • Server group\Communties page. Add group-like version of unit page. So you can search for a server or community to play with. Make in join-able for other units, so you can see what squads are playing where, how many of them, and what is theyr playstyle. Its a real pain in the...head to find a special people which will play Arma as you do. For example - we were looking for a english speaking community, that was intrested in huge TvT missions (i'm talking about 190ppl server) - and it was a REAL problem to find one, that was ok to download a huge load of addons that we use on server etc etc. Making this pages will forces communities to coop. and play together breaking language barier.

That's it so far.

I would appreciate any feedback on this one. Feel free to send me message.

Endalaner, russian community.

Best regards.

Ps: And sorry for my english.

Hi Endalaner,

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to address it point by point:

• When you register the unit for the first time, you can only switch between sections with the BACK and CONTINUE buttons. However, when you edit the unit, I believe you should be able to click on the specific section you want to edit. I will have to check if this is actually the case - if not, this would be something we might change soon.
  • Some support for localization sounds like a great idea. It's something we would actually like to do for the entire Units website, but we're planning to wait until the service is a bit more fleshed out and finalized. Good idea, thanks!
  • This seems interesting. It is somewhat covered in what we imagine the PLAY NOW section to do, but some of your suggestions would be worth taking into consideration when we continue develop this segment. Also, we intend to make an API available, so I could imagine that some of these more specific features could potentially be (co-)developed with the community.

Take care and greetings to you and the other members in your community!

• Like 2

Not sure its been mentioned but can the TAG section have a higher number of characters. As my squad actually uses our full name of [FUSION] for our tag :)

Hey R0adki11, the character limit for the clan tag has been increased this week to 2-8 characters (if I remember correctly). So I think FUSION should be possible now :)

• Like 2

Hey R0adki11, the character limit for the clan tag has been increased this week to 2-8 characters (if I remember correctly). So I think FUSION should be possible now :)

Doesn't appear to be, i still have a limit of 2-5 on my screen :(

• Like 1

Filtering by establishment date is certainly interesting - I think right now we want to wait and see how people will use the service, before making decisions about adding new filter options, but it's something to consider for sure!

Just an idea: You might put the establishment date in the unit's picture on the "Browse Units" page. A good place may be the top left corner opposite the unit size.

Another thing: In this thread we are concentrating on creating the content and the presentation of the units. But what about the players who are looking for a unit? Will they have to register before they can access ArmA 3 Units or will it be just like any other website for them?

• Like 1

Just wondering: are you planning to expand the member system to include initiates and junior members? (maybe as ranks or some other mechanism)

This is definitely something we can consider. I think we will generally start out as simple as possible - and then as people use the service see if it's worth adding more roles. I could imagine the ones you mentioned could be useful.

Hello,

i am missing at the BASIC INFO a field for the "Steam Group"

BR,

LORD

We will probably add this. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

Doesn't appear to be, i still have a limit of 2-5 on my screen :(

Will need to discuss with the team (might be after the weekend). That said, we might not change it to more characters, because it could somewhat defeat our intended purpose of the clan tag. Sorry for the confusion!

Just an idea: You might put the establishment date in the unit's picture on the "Browse Units" page. A good place may be the top left corner opposite the unit size.

Another thing: In this thread we are concentrating on creating the content and the presentation of the units. But what about the players who are looking for a unit? Will they have to register before they can access ArmA 3 Units or will it be just like any other website for them?

We will think about this. Thanks!

Regular users should be able to view all content on the Arma 3 Units website, but in the future they will need a Bohemia Account and be logged in to interact with unit web pages (e.g. to join a unit, they would need a Bohemia Account - Coming Soon).

Will need to discuss with the team (might be after the weekend). That said, we might not change it to more characters, because it could somewhat defeat our intended purpose of the clan tag. Sorry for the confusion!

No worries, i would suggest a limit of 10 characters perhaps. If not, not the end of the world :)

• Like 1

It would we awesome to have a "actual list of mods currently in use" so you can click and download all of them in order to play with the team. Maybe PWS link? Dunno.

• Like 1

First question: Can we get captions for our screenshots? I'd really like to be able to annotate the screenshots I put up so they can be put in context.

Second question: I'm wondering if the "Play Now" feature would work.How do you picture this feature will work for squads?

Does supporting this feature (as a squad) mean that people would be able to play under our banner without our consent, or if it means that they will form ephemeral units which dissolve after completing the game?

Will there be any kind of setting allowing us to manage these requests? OTOH, will it be possible to take on 'mercenaries' for just a game?

• Like 1

Hello,

The box "mods" under the Attitude box. For now it's written "any"

is it possible to change the mods box to display playwithsix collections?

Or it's possible to switch on this box all mod created by the team and put playwithsix collections on mods drop down menu ?

For drop down menu of comm channels. It's possible to add tsviewers ?

Thx !

ps: sorry for my bad english :P

• Like 1

Apply button: Is there a way to make the apply button customizable and link to our unit's website application area instead of the integrated one provided? I know the A3 units is being set-up to be integrated into the BIS site, but not every unit member has a BI account. I think it would be helpful to have the application part able to be split up into a few different areas:

-Leave it as it is and manage unit applications through the BI site

-Have a customizable link to a unit's application area(or maybe both?)

-Have a "I am already a member of this unit" button so that people can "apply" with their unit name and be instantly accepted to get their unit tags on the BI forums

Also, will it be setup so that multiple people can manage the unit as "officers" so that it's not all just on one person doing everything? I don't see that outlined in the OPREP.

I think this has the potential to be a great tool to help units of all sizes as well as players looking for specific gaming experiences.

I also wouldn't mind longer unit tags. [506th IR] instead of [506th]   :)

• Like 3