BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Closed Beta Feedback

Arma 3 units is a very good idea and it works quite well, apart from the little quirks which have been mentioned here. The filter options are great and they will surely help people to find the right unit. I am looking forward to seeing it in full operation.

It was interesting to read in this thread how the length of the tag was extended more and more. Now I am suggesting the opposite: Our tag is just the single letter [A], so I wonder if tags can be just one letter. If this is not possible, please let me know. Then we will have to change our tag to something like [-A-].

Will you allow special characters such as our German umlaut in the future? One of my friends even speculated about unicode. Is this feasible, at all?

I wanted to register our game server "arma.gruppe-adler.de:2302" but this was not possible. Probably only numbers are accepted. By the way, our teamspeak server is "ts.gruppe-adler.de:9988". If TS servers will be listed in future this may also cause a problem.

We provided the month and year when we established our units. Will you consider to make it possible to sort units by the founding date?

Hello,

I'd like to be able to assign hostnames/URLs to my game servers. Do you think that will become possible at some point?

It would enable us to redirect people with just a DNS update, which is convenient.

I forwarded one as well some time after the thread was created; It's been read, but we didn't get a response!

You provided two email addresses, I sent it to one of them.

I see a BromA Unit was created.

Sent you a PM.

Hi,

I am getting errors saying the Facebook, twitter, twitch urls are invalid, Is it possible to have a tick box next to the field that enables the field rather than having a bunch of urls that people don't necessarily have active for their group. Also, making the minimum character count for the Bio fields red until the count is met would make the form a little more obvious when registering.

Just a quick one,

When I click on my unit there is a button there for me to apply to the unit which I am already in... Seems a bit pointless for it to be there that's all.

It says the application was sent.

Regardless of the problem, is it sent to the email of the account that created the page on purpose? I think it's better to assign it an email of its own, or use the contact email. More flexible that way and I'd imagine groups having recruitment officers that are not necessarily the same people who create the page.

We will need to look into this. A dedicated e-mail could be an option, but just as a note, this entire system will be changed significantly when we implement joining of units with Bohemia Accounts.

Unit emblem on the media edit page says "max. 200Kb PNG", it actually can take up to 300Kb, when going above 300 it will display a notification "The emblem may not be greater than 300 kilobytes.".

Hmm... we'll need to check up on this :)

Is it appropriate to share access with my admin team and have them try to join the group or too early? I guess I'm not sure about how locked this access is with my BIS account.

Additionally, thank you very much for this project. It is really looking great and will be a heck of a help to the community as a whole. Cheers.

Just to be sure, we have not yet implemented the joining of units with Bohemia Accounts (might be a month or so from now), so this is probably not yet relevant for now I'm afraid.

Arma 3 units is a very good idea and it works quite well, apart from the little quirks which have been mentioned here. The filter options are great and they will surely help people to find the right unit. I am looking forward to seeing it in full operation.

It was interesting to read in this thread how the length of the tag was extended more and more. Now I am suggesting the opposite: Our tag is just the single letter [A], so I wonder if tags can be just one letter. If this is not possible, please let me know. Then we will have to change our tag to something like [-A-].

Will you allow special characters such as our German umlaut in the future? One of my friends even speculated about unicode. Is this feasible, at all?

I wanted to register our game server "arma.gruppe-adler.de:2302" but this was not possible. Probably only numbers are accepted. By the way, our teamspeak server is "ts.gruppe-adler.de:9988". If TS servers will be listed in future this may also cause a problem.

We provided the month and year when we established our units. Will you consider to make it possible to sort units by the founding date?

Thanks! We'll discuss the clan tag length with the team, I am not sure we will want only one character per unit as these have to be unique and we probably don't want single special characters to be a possible clan tag. Just to confirm, the umlaut not supported right now? More options for registering servers is something we are looking into. Filtering by establishment date is certainly interesting - I think right now we want to wait and see how people will use the service, before making decisions about adding new filter options, but it's something to consider for sure!

Hello,

I'd like to be able to assign hostnames/URLs to my game servers. Do you think that will become possible at some point?

It would enable us to redirect people with just a DNS update, which is convenient.

I think this is something we'll be looking into :)

Hi,

I am getting errors saying the Facebook, twitter, twitch urls are invalid, Is it possible to have a tick box next to the field that enables the field rather than having a bunch of urls that people don't necessarily have active for their group. Also, making the minimum character count for the Bio fields red until the count is met would make the form a little more obvious when registering.

Can you share a screenshot of how it looks when you've filled in the social links? If you don't fill in the social links during your unit registration, the icons will not show on your profile - so I think that might resolve your issue. For the rest, the Biography form field should actually be red until the minimum amount of characters is met. Could it be a bug then?

Just a quick one,

When I click on my unit there is a button there for me to apply to the unit which I am already in... Seems a bit pointless for it to be there that's all.

Hi there, it's currently not possible to join a unit with your Bohemia Account - this will be implemented later. For now people will have to use the tried-and-tested method of contacting the unit directly via the form field or e-mail ;) After we've implemented the joining of units with Bohemia Accounts, we would be able to detect if you're already in the unit, and remove/disable the apply button for those people.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

• Like 1

Korneel

Thanks for your reply!

Re tag: As I said, [-A-] is definetely OK for us, but just for the sake of your internal discussion I'd like to point out that single letters are also unique as long as they are used by just one unit. Just to avoid a misunderstanding, for my unit I am thinking about the regular letter A, and not the special character Ä. But I can confirm that ä, Ä, ö, Ö, ü and Ü cannot be part of the clan tag. In the normal text fields umlauts can be used, however.

Re registering servers: For the time being I registered our server with the numbers.

Re filtering for establishment date: Thanks for your comment.

Another thing: Applications and contact mails are currently sent to the email address of the individual who registered the unit. I would prefer to direct the messages to the email address of the unit where they will be seen by several people in the admin team. I understand if a detail like this is not very high on your priority list, of course.

Gday Arma Devs​

​​

So I'm on your Arma ​3 - Units page and the second step to Registering a new unit (Characteristics) is broken. I am unable to select any of the drop down tabs and when I do, there are no options. If anyone knows a fix, or why this is happening please, reply to this feedback message, thank you.

Gday Arma Devs​

​​

So I'm on your Arma ​3 - Units page and the second step to Registering a new unit (Characteristics) is broken. I am unable to select any of the drop down tabs and when I do, there are no options. If anyone knows a fix, or why this is happening please, reply to this feedback message, thank you.

Hi,

sorry to hear you're having problems, can you please specify what browser and version you're using? We are having trouble replicating the bug.

Korneel

Thanks for your reply!

Re tag: As I said, [-A-] is definetely OK for us, but just for the sake of your internal discussion I'd like to point out that single letters are also unique as long as they are used by just one unit. Just to avoid a misunderstanding, for my unit I am thinking about the regular letter A, and not the special character Ä. But I can confirm that ä, Ä, ö, Ö, ü and Ü cannot be part of the clan tag. In the normal text fields umlauts can be used, however.

Re registering servers: For the time being I registered our server with the numbers.

Re filtering for establishment date: Thanks for your comment.

Another thing: Applications and contact mails are currently sent to the email address of the individual who registered the unit. I would prefer to direct the messages to the email address of the unit where they will be seen by several people in the admin team. I understand if a detail like this is not very high on your priority list, of course.

Hi,

you should be able to use special characters for the tag now ;)

Heya again!

I found about issue, when editing (or creating) unit, all drop-down list are shown like THIS, so I can't see what did I choose unless I click on it to make it drop down. I'm using Opera 33.0.

EDIT: Here's screen of my previous issue with font in "Biography" part, czech diacritic just doesn't work with this font, I guess :).

Not sure if it has been reported already (there's already 7 pages of feedback so didn't go through all of it) but I couldn't register my unit without having to fill in ALL of the social media links. It would give me an error at the end of the creation. I checked other units and they didn't have all of the social media links filled in.

I attempted to remove the social media links (that I faked) after the creation was complete and I got the following error: http://i.imgur.com/rz0nJVZ.jpg

Is it supposed to be mandatory to have a Facebook and a Twitch link? If not is it possible to add a red * next to the mandatory fields so that people know what they have to fill in and what they can keep empty.

Another suggestion would be that you could disable the ArmA Units application system and just add your own URL to your own websites application page. My unit requires an application to be submitted through our website due to personnel tracking software. Answering to a bunch of emails from people that apply to your unit to just go and apply again seems a bit counter productive. Maybe if there was a popup after they applied through ArmA Units to your own websites application system that could work too.

Not sure if it has been reported already (there's already 7 pages of feedback so didn't go through all of it) but I couldn't register my unit without having to fill in ALL of the social media links. It would give me an error at the end of the creation. I checked other units and they didn't have all of the social media links filled in.

I attempted to remove the social media links (that I faked) after the creation was complete and I got the following error: http://i.imgur.com/rz0nJVZ.jpg

Is it supposed to be mandatory to have a Facebook and a Twitch link? If not is it possible to add a red * next to the mandatory fields so that people know what they have to fill in and what they can keep empty.

Another suggestion would be that you could disable the ArmA Units application system and just add your own URL to your own websites application page. My unit requires an application to be submitted through our website due to personnel tracking software. Answering to a bunch of emails from people that apply to your unit to just go and apply again seems a bit counter productive. Maybe if there was a popup after they applied through ArmA Units to your own websites application system that could work too.

Hi, these fields are not required, there's a bug somewhere, could you specify which browser/version you're using?

Edit: Nevermind we found the issue, it will be fixed in the next update today ;)

Edit2: This should be fixed now

Korneel

Thanks for your reply!

Hi Alpha-Kilo, thanks for getting back to us. We'll consider enabling a special e-mail address where applications would be sent to. I guess what I meant by special characters in the Clan Tag is that if we accept single characters, people could potentially register things like "¬" as a clan tag (whcih we'd like to avoid). Probably there's a way to circumvent this, but will need to discuss with the team if we would want this. Thanks anyway for the feedback - it's good to think about these things!

• Like 1

Don't know if it has been posted: but maybe also a way to put up a link for the "clan/community discord" ;-)

Send with mobile

• Like 1

Don't know if it has been posted: but maybe also a way to put up a link for the "clan/community discord" ;-)

Send with mobile

Yep this is planned :)

• Like 2

Heya again!

I found about issue, when editing (or creating) unit, all drop-down list are shown like THIS, so I can't see what did I choose unless I click on it to make it drop down. I'm using Opera 33.0.

EDIT: Here's screen of my previous issue with font in "Biography" part, czech diacritic just doesn't work with this font, I guess :).

Thanks, the select field should work properly for you now ;)

Drop-down lists are still the same :(

Really nice so far, liking what's there but also what's to come from the proposed scope of the project. Especially the API mentioned somewhere... Some feedback and suggestions below:

• Firstly the units are ordered - by default it displays the units by oldest to newest. Will this change so that it randomises and gives different units times of being near the top so that not always the same units are on display?

• Secondy thing is to do with the members section that isn't currently active. Will the site be able to generate an XML for the units hosted on the ArmA 3 site? I know most groups host the file themselves but some smaller and less experienced ones may like to have this functionality instead of having to pay for webhosting.

• Also maybe the option to show actual number of members (reading from the members list) instead of the bands that are currently on display now would be nice?

Will come back with more if I or the unit think of anything but in the meantime really liking where this is going.  :D

• Like 1

Hi,

When viewing units UNITS SIZE(LARGEST FIRST) my unit does not appear on thsi list, however when viewing in smallest first and newest/oldest it appears on the list.

Also I see many duplicate units appearing on the list, will there be a system in the future that will prevent copies of the same unit?

Really nice so far, liking what's there but also what's to come from the proposed scope of the project. Especially the API mentioned somewhere... Some feedback and suggestions below:

• Firstly the units are ordered - by default it displays the units by oldest to newest. Will this change so that it randomises and gives different units times of being near the top so that not always the same units are on display?

• Secondy thing is to do with the members section that isn't currently active. Will the site be able to generate an XML for the units hosted on the ArmA 3 site? I know most groups host the file themselves but some smaller and less experienced ones may like to have this functionality instead of having to pay for webhosting.

• Also maybe the option to show actual number of members (reading from the members list) instead of the bands that are currently on display now would be nice?

Will come back with more if I or the unit think of anything but in the meantime really liking where this is going.  :D

Great to hear! Randomized display of units on the main page or potentially changing it to NEWEST FIRST (or some other criteria) is something we wanted to do once we have/had enough units (it's going quite fast already :D). For the rest, we are definitely planning some more elegant integration of squad.xml via Arma 3 Units. Lastly, once the joining of units with Bohemia Accounts is implemented, we definitely intend to give the option to display unit size based on the number of associated Bohemia Accounts (hope I explain that clear enough). So all of your points are very important to keep in mind. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated!

Hi,

When viewing units UNITS SIZE(LARGEST FIRST) my unit does not appear on thsi list, however when viewing in smallest first and newest/oldest it appears on the list.

Also I see many duplicate units appearing on the list, will there be a system in the future that will prevent copies of the same unit?

Sounds like bug (we'll have to look into this). So far I haven't seen any duplicate units myself, but if people do find duplicates, then we hope they will use the REPORT UNIT form (can be found on the bottom of each unit profile) so we can investigate further.

• Like 1

Great to hear! Randomized display of units on the main page or potentially changing it to NEWEST FIRST (or some other criteria) is something we wanted to do once we have/had enough units (it's going quite fast already :D). For the rest, we are definitely planning some more elegant integration of squad.xml via Arma 3 Units. Lastly, once the joining of units with Bohemia Accounts is implemented, we definitely intend to give the option to display unit size based on the number of associated Bohemia Accounts (hope I explain that clear enough). So all of your points are very important to keep in mind. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated!

Sounds like bug (we'll have to look into this). So far I haven't seen any duplicate units myself, but if people do find duplicates, then we hope they will use the REPORT UNIT form (can be found on the bottom of each unit profile) so we can investigate further.

reported a few, seems to be quite a few of them. Looks to be more likely a bug in the search than people making copies.

• Like 1

reported a few, seems to be quite a few of them. Looks to be more likely a bug in the search than people making copies.

Hi,

can you please paste the url of the filter page, and what browser you're using?

• Like 1

Hello,

I have some problem to put my Teamspeak adresse to line Optional: Teamspeak Server.

My teamspeak adresse are "atmarma.fr" and it's dont work.

I did not encounter any other problems.

Thx !