BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Closed Beta Feedback

Hi,

When clicking 'browse units' and search just '3' to find my unit I get a message saying 'The Unit Name must be a string' and no groups are visible in the browser, 'FOUND: 0 UNITS'.

But there is still the 'Join one of the 64 units' text appearing properly.

When I type '3 C' it then works.

I wrote a DM to beck two day ago, guess he's ultra busy with the requests.

Check you email now :)

Yes, very busy indeed.

• Like 3

Check you email now :)

Yes, very busy indeed.

Thanks! Can't believe you're still at work, grab a beer and call it a day!

• Like 1

Hi,

When clicking 'browse units' and search just '3' to find my unit I get a message saying 'The Unit Name must be a string' and no groups are visible in the browser, 'FOUND: 0 UNITS'.

But there is still the 'Join one of the 64 units' text appearing properly.

When I type '3 C' it then works.

Yes that was a bug, it should be fixed now, just remember to refresh the page ;)

• Like 2

I already have some feedback.

I needed like 10 minutes to figure out what was wrong with my unit profile url I wanted to enter, until I realised that it only accepts small letters. Maybe some tooltips in the future?

• Like 1

Uploading an image (any image) bug: The image pixel dimensions and file size is validated only once per file. Attempting to re-upload a file that once failed validation will not display the reason of failure until another file is attempted to upload, even if the same file was edited to meet the pixel or size requirements.

• Like 1

The size for featured Screenshot (150KB) is very poor  :unsure: is it possible to add more space? 

• Like 1

I already have some feedback.

I needed like 10 minutes to figure out what was wrong with my unit profile url I wanted to enter, until I realised that it only accepts small letters. Maybe some tooltips in the future?

Added auto lowercase for this field ;)

• Like 2

Registering a unit, at the bottom the unable to click continue as my cursor is shown as a circle with a diagonal line through it not letting me continue. 

• Like 1

Uploading an image (any image) bug: The image pixel dimensions and file size is validated only once per file. Attempting to re-upload a file that once failed validation will not display the reason of failure until another file is attempted to upload, even if the same file was edited to meet the pixel or size requirements.

This should be fixed now, thanks.

• Like 2

It would be nice, if you add a IP/Port Field to the Teamspeak Field, so that the users can easily click on Teamspeak and join the TS?  

The URL should look like: ts3server://ts3.armajunkies.de?port=9987

• Like 2

Registering a unit, at the bottom the unable to click continue as my cursor is shown as a circle with a diagonal line through it not letting me continue. 

Hi,

sorry to hear you are experiencing problems. This happens only if the form is incomplete, please check if you have everything filled in, if so, and you're still experiencing problems, send me a PM with a screenshot ;) 

• Like 1

It would be nice, if you add a IP/Port Field to the Teamspeak Field, so that the users can easily click on Teamspeak and join the TS?  

This is a very good idea. See here for an example: http://ciahome.net/join-cia-coop-nights/

Applications are sent to the e-mail address associated with the Bohemia Account that registered the unit (so that does not necessarily have to be the provided contact e-mail address). Could this be the issue? Thanks for the feedback :-)

My email address is correct on my Bohemia account. Still don't get an application when testing it.

• Like 1

This is planned :)

Just to be sure, did you fill in all required fields? These fields are marked with red stroke (note: some fields have a character minimum - unit description/bio)

My email address is correct on my Bohemia account. Still don't get an application when testing it.

We'll have to test this tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

The size for featured Screenshot (150KB) is very poor  :unsure: is it possible to add more space? 

We'll consider increasing this - but we have to balance the website's performance and how much data needs to be loaded. So this might be a reason why we'd keep it limited like this. To help reduce the filesize of your images, perhaps consider reducing the resolution to 720P (1280x720) or less.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback and bughunting - this is very helpful!

Do you get an error message or does it say that the application was sent?

Hi,

sorry to hear you are experiencing problems. This happens only if the form is incomplete, please check if you have everything filled in, if so, and you're still experiencing problems, send me a PM with a screenshot ;)

Everything is filled out this only happen when I did it with Firefox. Everything worked with Chrome. I'm just now having trouble getting properly sized emblems, and headers, but thats more my lack of PS skill.

• Like 1

Everything is filled out this only happen when I did it with Firefox. Everything worked with Chrome. I'm just now having trouble getting properly sized emblems, and headers, but thats more my lack of PS skill.

Glad too hear that you could continue, we'll check if there's a bug in Firefox, thanks ;)

• Like 1

Hello! Registration went without any problems, but immidiately after registering I saw this nice font error. Also it seems that font used in Biography (maybe even somewhere else) doesn't like czech diacritic.

Hello! Registration went without any problems, but immidiately after registering I saw this nice font error. Also it seems that font used in Biography (maybe even somewhere else) doesn't like czech diacritic.

Thanks, the title has been fixed ;)

• Like 1

Do you get an error message or does it say that the application was sent?

It says the application was sent.

Regardless of the problem, is it sent to the email of the account that created the page on purpose? I think it's better to assign it an email of its own, or use the contact email. More flexible that way and I'd imagine groups having recruitment officers that are not necessarily the same people who create the page.

Unit emblem on the media edit page says "max. 200Kb PNG", it actually can take up to 300Kb, when going above 300 it will display a notification "The emblem may not be greater than 300 kilobytes.".

Is it appropriate to share access with my admin team and have them try to join the group or too early? I guess I'm not sure about how locked this access is with my BIS account.

Additionally, thank you very much for this project. It is really looking great and will be a heck of a help to the community as a whole. Cheers.