BL1P

Max limit on global markers ?

Hello.

We run a persistent coop mission that's been running for about two weeks so far without a shutdown or restart on the server or mission.

Placed quite a few markers over the course of 2 weeks would be an understatement :)

A few days ago we came a cross a problem, whereby any markers placed on map by players show only as black dots with black text for any JIPs.

Even if you place a green arrow with green text, then goto the lobby and "jip in" the marker will now be a black dot with black text.

Have we reached some sort of hard coded limit on markers allowed in global chat ?

Or are we doing some funky voodoo in the mission scripts ?

There is no limit as far as I'm aware, theres a good chance running a mission for two weeks straight no resets probably is the problem. My group also runs a persistent mission and it can only run for maybe a couple days at the most before the whole thing starts to break down and fall apart. Scripts will begin breaking themselves and some engine side stuff will start to behave strangely or stop working all together, etc.

There could also be script problems but impossible to tell without more info.

There is no limit as far as I'm aware, theres a good chance running a mission for two weeks straight no resets probably is the problem. My group also runs a persistent mission and it can only run for maybe a couple days at the most before the whole thing starts to break down and fall apart. Scripts will begin breaking themselves and some engine side stuff will start to behave strangely or stop working all together, etc.

There could also be script problems but impossible to tell without more info.

Thanks for the reply m8.

The only thing that seems broken after two weeks is the markers.

server still is running at 45+ Fps and Cps

And rpt is clean (well clean of any mission errors, mods and bis errors are another thing :) )

weird :/