orcmaster

Memory could not read...

Loading my exile mod and other mods through the official launcher instead of the A3Launcher has fixed this error for my buddies and I like 95% of the time. If we use A3Launcher it is closer to 90% crash. Still an occasional memory error with the official launcher, but far far less.

problem still exists......... how can I prevent that arma 3 starts with the launcher?

Can confirm, I'm also having a few issues in this department :)

I too am now getting this. Never before did I suffer this. I felt sad for those who did but also a little smug.

Now I feel very sad.

I switched to the 1.64 RC 10 days ago.

And I think that it started with the recent update to 1.64 RC (updated 9th Sept).

I will switch to Dev tonight to see if it solves the issue.

If not, I'll be sending RPT files.

BTW what is the proper procedure for sending logs to BI?

Isn't there a sticky about this?

Been playing since beta. never happened until last night. Now every time I connect to a server I crash and get ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR.

Something to do with last night's windows 10 update perhaps? 

Same for me, I've been playing since Alpha release and never have had this error. Now I get it when trying to run Exile. I went to try a different malloc in the advanced settings, but nothing showed up in the dropdown menu.  My Win10 just updated today as well.

edit: found the problem was that somehow the memory allocator got switched, so I changed it back to default and it works now

hi i just thought i might add that i was having this problem and couldn't really be bothered uninstalling and reinstalling so using the suggestion of "Daniel223i simply changed my view distance from 4000 to roughly 1400 and object to 1000 then everything worked dont know if it will work for anyone else but i just thought i should put this up anyway. 

I got this error yesterday, after a crash to desktop. No matter what we have tried, still the same issue persists. We have tried everything, even reinstalling windows. Same issue.

​"Out of memory..."

Same for me, I have since the arma update last week this fucking problem!! And I can only read in this Topic, that everyone has this error! So but where is the solution? So BI  what we have to do? 

Same issue here! tryed everything no positiv effects :-(... 

Edited by Fabian Haupt
  • Like 1

I've been having problems during the game these past few days. Everything was normal. It looks like there was an update and the game was unstable. I've never had a problem with ARMA3 ever since. Now the game breaks as soon as it starts or it does not last 5 minutes of game and date! In any mode. Memory error appears and the game ends and closes. I've tried everything the sites / forums teach and the problem has not been solved. Even I formatted my computer (Win 10 x64) I installed everything from the beginning, I downloaded the whole game again thinking it would solve and nothing was solved. I do not know what can be done. I tried all the tips of the Forums. I am an experienced PC user.
Sorry, but I do not speak English. I'm using Google Translator. So strange English. Hehe
Thank you so much ! KdWpct0.png

One of our members was having these same problems (memory read/write crash), actually, his game wouldn't even launch to the menu.

His problem seemed to be related to full screen.

We fixed his problem by having him launch the game in windowed mode, then switching after in game to full screen windowed.

On 1/24/2017 at 1:06 AM, PapaReap said:

One of our members was having these same problems (memory read/write crash), actually, his game wouldn't even launch to the menu.

His problem seemed to be related to full screen.

We fixed his problem by having him launch the game in windowed mode, then switching after in game to full screen windowed.

This just worked for me. 

Makes sense. I have a new monitor and have been playing around with the video settings frequently. 

Solution:

From Arma 3 Launcher > Launch Arma 3 [Without Mods] > From main menu press [Left Alt + Enter] to go windowed > Open Server Browser > Launch Server > Select Role & Join > From in game press [Left Alt + Enter] to go fullscreen

Will update if this method fails. 

Same problem after ultimate update!

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Same issues running mods for the FT-2 Servers, even after a few hours on vanilla. 

CUP TERRAINS CORE

CUP TERRAINS MAPS

RHS AFRF

RHS USAF

RHS GREF

Repeatedly crashes after trying various methods and startup parameters. 

Whenever I get this error, I restart the game (via Arma launcher to join a specific server).  As soon as the full Arma splash screen appears, I will ALT+Tab out of the program and let it continue to load in the background.  After I think it's fully loaded, I'll ALT+Tab back into Arma.  It's worked for me every time I've had this error.

Hello, i don't know if this will actually help anyone, but I thought i'd just put in my 2 cents.

I started having this problem as well not too long ago after having new issues and couldn't find any real solution.

Try validating your game files in the steam preference window under the local files tab. Doing that has been known to fix some issue, so i always try it, couldn't hurt.

after doing this I seemed to not have the error when expected. Not sure if Its a fluke or what, i got write on here to try in help with a solution.

Hope it works, at least for some of you. :hyper:

Alright lads, I've been having this crappy issue as well. I love making missions especially with the Ravage mod, so I did it on Sahrani and Altis with different mods used for both. Got this crappy error a while after moving the mission over to singleplayer and trying to play it there, but loading it up in the editor worked just fine. Talked to people, they thought my RAM was dying (definitely not) and did all the typical tests but found no solution.

Uninstalled arma 3, came back, make Esseker mission only to find that it's back. So I just found this place and followed some advice here: I backed up my profile options (the ones where your missions and editor saves are stored) and deleted everything except Saved folder. I loaded up my mod and moved a few files back and voila, I can now load saves and play missions.

I've got no idea why this is happening or why it doesn't appear to be on anyone else's radar, but that worked for me and hopefully it works for you guys. Whether or not it comes back, I don't know, but that's hopefully a workaround at least.

EDIT: To keep all of your scripts and profile settings intact, after you do all of this and perform whatever test you need to do, delete the newly made profile options and put your backed up profile back in its place. I tried this and I can load up missions now without the out of memory error and I get to keep all of the profile options and anything else important with it.

Another EDIT: So it came back after I did this on the Esseker map I'm making. However, if I load up the mission first in the editor, then exit and start the mission, I can play it in scenarios normally, save, the whole deal. Also, when you're saving your missions remember to save before you export to missions. It might not be one of the culprits, but I did save after I exported and I then had the out of memory error, but didn't when I went back and exported after saving.

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 1

Same Problem. Tried everything and nothing is working. Deleted arma in steam, deleted the folders. Installed without Dlc or Mod and still the same.  ??????