orcmaster

Memory could not read...

I seem to be getting the same errors dealing with Memory. Have you found anything out? Issue started around the same time as yours.

I seem to be getting the same errors dealing with Memory. Have you found anything out? Issue started around the same time as yours.

Nope, this sucks.

I experienced this issue once with running a mod called Breaking Point. It seemed to be happening only when I attempted to host my own server and considering the fact that there are only official servers for this mod, I assume that was done on purpose. I don't know if you're using any mods or not but I just thought I would throw this out there from my experience.

This has been occuring since Friday... 

Further information would be useful, what mods were you running? Which mission? Have you tried verifying your game cache? 

Happening to me too, but I've also been getting "Memory could not be written" and "The exception Integer division by zero" error messages. I'm trying to join the Asylum Gaming Altis Life (#1) Server :(

if its any consultation i have been having this on exile since the update. for me its not just servers it arma all together. i only found this out while playing a scenario i downloaded last night. and if i go onto the server i frequently play on i can play for an hour and then this message pops up and makes arma force close. then if i log back in i get approx 1 min before it happens again everytime i try and get back in. also textures seem to take ages to load properly. 

ive ran memory tests and all checked out fine. and i have tried everything i can find on google on this subject and nothing works. its got to be something to do with the update as it only started doing it since.   

i hope someone comes up with a fix soon or if i do i will be sure to post. 

Regarding this issue I contacted Bohemia Interactive support directly, I received some information that could possibly fix the error, but did not fix mine (unfortunately). The first solution they replied with was this:

" Hello,

do you use any custom mods? Please try clean reinstallation of Arma 3:

1. Uninstall the game.
2. Make a backup of Arma 3 folder in Documents.
3. Delete both Arma 3 folders in Documents and Steam:

\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\Documents\Arma 3

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

4. Reboot your PC.
5. Run Steam as Admin, download the game.
6. Try to run Arma 3 (without mods).

This should fix your issue. "

Since that didn't work, I notified them of this and received an email saying this:

Hello,

please try to use custom memory allocator for Arma 3:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Custom_Memory_Allocator

Thank you. "

It might work for you, it might not. Neither solutions worked for me unfortunately but I did do something that fixed the issue temporarily,

First, go to  \Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\Documents\Arma 3 and then delete both the "Saved" folder and the "Arma3.cfg" file. Both of these files regenerate when you next launch Arma 3 although your video settings will reset to default. Also for some very strange reason,   increasing my video settings actually reduced the chance of this happening, quite dramatically. I know, there is no logic in this but it worked for me temporarily (Around 6-8 hours). Although I have also found that if I reinstall the game, it works the first time I launch it but then the issue occurs  the 2nd time I launch Arma 3. Some people also say that creating a new Windows profile or Arma 3 profile works, but once again, worked once and never again. If I find a permanent solution I'll post it here, and I'll also post here any information I get from Bohemia Interactive support.

PS. @steve88 the stages of my crash are 100% exactly the same as yours. Although I do know everyone's PC is different, if we are both having the EXACT same issue, it might not work for you. (Sorry :c)

EDIT: Also if you spawn in an enclosed area (A building) or just somewhere where you aren't open and can't see a ton of objects this sometimes stops the issue from occuring when you first login to the server. So if possible, try and get a PC that works without this error, and when you logout, logout somewhere like a building. Just a friendly tip :)

Edited by Daniel223

For me 2 days ago it happened again. Now it happened when i wanted to shoot with a AT gun, within the mouseclick to "fire" the game crashed with the "memory could not be written / or memory is too low", i cant remember the error message. Very strange, i will reinstall arma3 today (even i already "cleared" all files on the arma3 root folder). I never had "big" problems with arma3, it now appeares after the patch. I already created a new profil (because of a new clan xml).

I am playing on two different servers two different pc's used done all the page file increase done all drivers bios and such and still receive this error. Is BI trying to ruin our game with there updates. Man this sux. Has anyone got a sure thing fix

I am playing on two different servers two different pc's used done all the page file increase done all drivers bios and such and still receive this error. Is BI trying to ruin our game with there updates. Man this sux. Has anyone got a sure thing fix

Hello,

thank you for the feedback.

Could you please send me your crashdumps?

Crashdump (mdmp + rpt + bidmp) files should be located in this directory:
<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Once you have collected these, please ZIP them up and upload them to some free file sharing service (e.g. Dropbox) and PM me the link.

Thank you :)

Hello,

Once you have collected these, please ZIP them up and upload them to some free file sharing service (e.g. Dropbox) and PM me the link.

PM Sent. :)

Hello,

PM sent from me to

I just started getting this error today and did not start till i had bought the DLC for the weekend sale on steam

I just started getting this error today and did not start till i had bought the DLC for the weekend sale on steam

Welcome to the "YOUR SCREWED" Club

Nothing works to fix it so pointless spending two weeks busting your ass trying...

I had a message back from razzel he said that the new RC branch should be fine and I can op in to test that.. Problem is I Can not update MY server to this but can my client so it means I play on there UNMODDED servers to test and then say yes that works but that isn't good enough as it is on modded servers I want to join.

Good luck mate.

almost same problem, i do not have a fast pc so tried the game during the free weekend, working nice and smooth,

so thinking i buy it and the extra DLC with it...now try playing and have the DX11 out of memory error

Same here with RC1.60, when I try to load benchmission (YAB) in scenarios. When I load safed missions in editor all is ok. In current stable I got never this error.

I tried:

-enabled/disabled pagefile

-with and without mods

-with and without custom shortcuts (malloc and so on).

Same here with RC1.60, when I try to load benchmission (YAB) in scenarios. When I load safed missions in editor all is ok. In current stable I got never this error.

I tried:

-enabled/disabled pagefile

-with and without mods

-with and without custom shortcuts (malloc and so on).

Hi,

could you please send me your crashdump files? Where to find them and what to do with them is explained in my previous post.

Thanks

Sorry razazel, can´t find Appdata\Local\Arma3 at all in my windows 10. Thats really strange. It seems only the custom mission "YAB" gives this error and crash to desktop so It may be only outdated. All other official missions in scenario´s I can load & play without errors.

Sorry razazel, can´t find Appdata\Local\Arma3 at all in my windows 10. Thats really strange. It seems only the custom mission "YAB" gives this error and crash to desktop so It may be only outdated. All other official missions in scenario´s I can load & play without errors.

Have you remembered to enable "show hidden folders" option? Appdata is normally hidden.

• Like 1

I sometimes get memory errors that are triggered then fixed by different updates. The first time it started to happen i read somewhere that it was to do with the launcher. So whenever it happens now i use shortcuts, with an edited target line for mods (ahh the old days), and it runs fine. It's only happened a couple of times for short periods though since the initial occurrence.

Problem still here even with an alienware bough from this year model none of less.

I actually ask the Technician about a month ago and they told there is nothing they could do.

But the funny thing is this happen since Arma 2 !!

They need to actually look for it not just ask crash report.

They need to fix 2 important thing.

1: The issue with the memory.

2: The fact that with 16gb of ram and they only use 4 when they have full access to it.

Here a small annoyance: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/72495-memory-leak/

And here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/97574-oa-out-of-memory-error/

You get my point !!

The game is awesome but with every patch the problem just brought more people within it !!