Sign in to follow this  
hoizen

O2 Bulldozer Preview Empty

Hello all,

As I've started to setup my pipeline for getting 3D assets into A3, I've run into an issue with O2's Bulldozer review as seen below:

https://i.gyazo.com/263fbfbc73f790aafe9892313880b9ba.png

Blanker than an unused CDROM.
Using ARMA3 example model Test_House_01_F.p3d. Tried with a few others with the same results.
This is fresh install of arma 3 tools so default settings.

If anyone knows what is causing this, your information will be greatly appreciated.

Secondary question:
Is there some kind of ARMA modder's cove where I can ask/answer trivial questions that do not necessarily need forum posts?

Thanks.

On the drop-down options list for the Viewer, select either 'Centre on Pin' or 'Centre on Selection' and see if that helps. If it doesn't, could you post a fully expanded picture of your Object Builder Options, as the issue most likely lies there.

On the drop-down options list for the Viewer, select either 'Centre on Pin' or 'Centre on Selection' and see if that helps. If it doesn't, could you post a fully expanded picture of your Object Builder Options, as the issue most likely lies there.

No luck with Centre on Pin/Centre on Selection.

Screenshot of options:

https://i.gyazo.com/210d00ed377478e0f3e0327417792737.png   

EDIT:

I have tried turning on/off a number of the config options to no avail:

https://i.gyazo.com/8121c5d2679af24c33329963862f1983.png

Try removing -cfg=buldozer.cfg from the launch parameters, the issue may be within the config file.

Try removing -cfg=buldozer.cfg from the launch parameters, the issue may be within the config file.

No luck. Tried removing other flags without much change. I can now confirm bulldozer is definitely running (not frozen) by removing -noland. Can definitely zoom in/out but no model is rendered. 

Judging by the size of the red axis in your Object Builder viewport grid relative to the size of your model, your structure appears to be large (possibly bigger than the 20*20m grid area). Could just be that the camera is clipping through the structure and looking through the backfaces if you don't have any interior geometry.

I just tested by making a 30*30*30m cube in OB and trying to view it in buldozer - I couldn't see shit either.

Try pressing the [Enter] key on your num pad in Buldozer to set the view position further back and use the WASD controls to move further back still if needed

No dice. Tried with Arma 3 Samples Test Lamp and Test House.

Video of problem:

(Final?) Follow up:

I've reformatted. Completely started over. Fresh install. DevP setup did not install buldozer so I did it by hand. Still the same problem but now I can't even zoom with noticeable effect in buldozer.

Unfortunately I don't believe it worth my time to continue trying to figure this out. Thanks for the help guys, that's it for me.

Too many vertices ?

I doubt it, considering he suffers the same issue with the sample models lamp-post which will be barely 2000 vertices, let alone the ~30k render limit.