Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

Arma 3 Apex - content predictions?

Well tanoa is announced like 5 months ago :) we could get some new wip images or teaser of the new update :)

At last check Apex is "is greedily devouring all of our Art capacity" yet " It will be a while before any of this sees the light of day" (SITREP #00132) which could explain the quiet, we've already gotten smaller teaser images of Tanoa and structures therein via a few other 'REPs along the way, and they've mentioned the Light Strike Vehicles and VTOLs in others...

... oh, and being quiet about the content prevents early screenshots/video from being held against them later if depicted contents don't make it in. ;) People here taught the devs that the hard way...

• Like 1

Part of me hopes that BI have realize their weakness with the initial release for Arma 3. They understand that the limitations they had to deal with have let them put out Arma 3 as a platform, and improve it as a platform first. The platform is a foundation they build on, and the Expansion should be the rest of the structure, the house so to speak. With what they've dealt with, the content we have even though some through DLC's, is still pretty decent. So i hope that the Expansion will bring that "Wow" factor, to the minimum of what OA did back for Arma 2. and nothing less. I trust they know what they're doing. I don't worry about content. However, i do worry about certain features that some of the content lacks. (not many uses for RopeX, and walking on moving vehicles)

It'd be super sick for a Gunship style take on the V-22 or more modern V-280 Valor, with a gunner station in the back along with Crew. Some other stuff I predict would probably be decent tracked amphibious vehicles, like the one Japan or BAE Systems is developing. It'll be interesting to see how Amphibious and multi-mission platforms perform when the expansion drops. I hope for better land-to-water transition for Amphibions, as that's always been the weakpoint. Maybe when they upgrade those features we can see more interesting amphibions such as the Quad-Ski, from Gibbs, which would be epic for civilians/law enforcement/special-ops.

I feel they're not more or less productive - they just shifted their focus from content to features. We saw a huge amount of engine changes in A3 compared to older iterations of the game. Better graphics, better animations, FFV, Sling Loading, Advanced Helicopter Flight Model, weapon resting & deployment, advanced body protection, sound engine overhaul, MP scripting framework improvements, improved tooling, slightly better documentation and more samples, and the biggest island in the series ever. I'd much rather welcome more of these changes than variety in content, even if I also dislike the copypaste turrets. We modders can produce quality content but often cannot create complex features like BI does.

BI has been lazy lately with their work and most of the features you refer to were already in ACE or other modders have implemented them before so it is not like BI had to make some of these new features from scratch. To be honest arma 3 is a buggy incomplete mess of a game, but what keeps it going is the fact BI gives a lot of support and tools to the modding community because they know that no one plays vanilla arma. 

There's still quite a difference between ACE and other mods scripting these solutions and BIs implementing them at engine level. 

• Like 2

BI has been lazy lately with their work and most of the features you refer to were already in ACE or other modders have implemented them before so it is not like BI had to make some of these new features from scratch. To be honest arma 3 is a buggy incomplete mess of a game, but what keeps it going is the fact BI gives a lot of support and tools to the modding community because they know that no one plays vanilla arma. 

Yeah, this basically:

There's still quite a difference between ACE and other mods scripting these solutions and BIs implementing them at engine level. 

Other than that, I wouldn't call supporting a game, which is not running on subscription fees, with gameplay changing features three years post release particularly lazy. Quite the opposite actually. They took a risk by following this strategy of longevity of Arma 3 instead of just re-assigning their staff to other projects after release and focus on new titles.

Apex will have an ice-hockey rink. Canada vs Russia playing. With Bazookas. Last man standing wins.

BIS confirmed it to me in a private webcam strip chat.

To anyone who questions this, check the date!

A new island, a new faction and a good story driven campaign is all i need.

I agree also.

Apex will have an ice-hockey rink. Canada vs Russia playing. With Bazookas. Last man standing wins.

BIS confirmed it to me in a private webcam strip chat.

To anyone who questions this, check the date!

Daft

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think you need to look at the date of his/her post ;)

I wouldn't mind a non-enterable assault ship asset. Just something to land helicopters on with some deck space to move around. Would provide great flexibility for scenario designers.

Uuggghhh, so we keep on listing such basic hardware. What I came to realize is no one ever mentions the more interesting kinds of weapons, like traps and gadgets.

I was kind of hoping for a smallish OPV that would have a helipad for the loca forces to use as a fishery protection/inspection vessel which could also launch rhibs or speedboats via a crane or something. But I don't think BIS will do it because they won't have fixed the technical limitations of moving objects interacting with each other. I think we might see something similar as a static though although I wonder what the trawler from the trailer could do?

What I would like the most would be to improve the engine so players and AI can walk over boats and ships.

that would really allow the use of naval assets.

I do not need any additional content. We do not need new equipment. NEED A GOOD GAME OPTIMIZATION. The game is not the first time came out and optimization as there was no and no. The game continues to slow down, even on the top-end hardware. This problem needs to be corrected developers first and foremost, and not to produce a bunch of unnecessary content.

• Like 1

I do not need any additional content. We do not need new equipment. NEED A GOOD GAME OPTIMIZATION. The game is not the first time came out and optimization as there was no and no. The game continues to slow down, even on the top-end hardware. This problem needs to be corrected developers first and foremost, and not to produce a bunch of unnecessary content.

I would rather new content, since the game runs absolutely fine for me

• Like 3