rsoftokz

[SP] ROADS for RAVAGE

Could I get some help with the first 15 mins of gameplay?
It's just too dark, can't see a damn thing. Turned up GAMMA, no good.

1st 15 min steps:
A. Loot dead buddy

B. Find secure hiding place near crashed truck to use for light

C ? kill approaching bandits then loot them ?

B and C are the hardest so far. Got to take out 2 dudes using a pistol in complete darkness without being spotted hiding behind a blade of grass or whatever.
Seems the starting is a bit random. One time structure nearby, Next time, no structure.  

Cheers

Could I get some help with the first 15 mins of gameplay?

It's just too dark, can't see a damn thing. Turned up GAMMA, no good.

1st 15 min steps:

A. Loot dead buddy

B. Find secure hiding place near crashed truck to use for light

C ? kill approaching bandits then loot them ?

B and C are the hardest so far. Got to take out 2 dudes using a pistol in complete darkness without being spotted hiding behind a blade of grass or whatever.

Seems the starting is a bit random. One time structure nearby, Next time, no structure.  

Cheers

I believe there are 14 different locations you can spawn at and it is random.  Yea the nights for arma are screwed right now as they are way too dark even on a full moon night.  If you don't feel like adjusting the mission yourself then your best bet is to hide from that first patrol and start looting.  I had to open up the mission and adjust the time so that I could at least see and this lead to me adjusting more and more until I just gave up and starting making my own lol.  I personally don't like the animations your character goes through at the start because I've been murdered so many times right when you finally get control of him.  Hell I was even run over at one time and only took 3 steps.

• Like 1

I believe there are 14 different locations you can spawn at and it is random.  Yea the nights for arma are screwed right now as they are way too dark even on a full moon night.  If you don't feel like adjusting the mission yourself then your best bet is to hide from that first patrol and start looting.  I had to open up the mission and adjust the time so that I could at least see and this lead to me adjusting more and more until I just gave up and starting making my own lol.  I personally don't like the animations your character goes through at the start because I've been murdered so many times right when you finally get control of him.  Hell I was even run over at one time and only took 3 steps.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I opened it in Editor and made a few adjustments, like better starting weapon with silencer and limited ammo for it, and,........NVG........... HeeeeeHawwwww! :D

Question:

I came across bandits with flashlights and weapons during the opening scene.

I've come across groups in towns with no weapons but backpacks. They show as Independents (Green icons) on the map.
Are they the good guys?
How do I interact with them?

I can't save a game, when I press 'Esc' the 'Save' button is grey and unclickable. My difficult settings allow multiple saves.

Arma and required mods are the latest versions.

Arma v.1.64.138497

Ravage v.0.1.392

CBA 3.1.0.160928

The demo Altis and Tanoa missions coming with Ravage work fine.

Any one here with the same problem?

-------------------

UPD:

I finally fixed it - probably it was happening due to Arma updates which caused the "save" conflict. You have to unPBO the mission, open it in the editor, then just place the Save Ravage module, and that's it. Save the mission in the editor and PBO it back.

i have the same problem, can't save...where find the save ravage module?

I'm having a problem with my character hunching over to the ground and no cross hair, not being able to use sights on weapon.

Just started playing with Ravage and Roads is exactly the kind of mission I like to play.

I have searched the Ravage thread using "bugs" as a search term, looked through the eight pages on this thread with no luck.

Anyone know whats happening with this?

i have the same problem, can't save...where find the save ravage module?

If I'm not mistaking, I think you have to be about 500 meters away from where you first started your game for SAVE to happen.

• Like 1

Bad version 73 in p3d file 'ravage\assets\items\gutting_knife.p3d and 'ravage\assets\items\hose.p3d

i don't this play mission  help me pls

On 12/25/2016 at 7:11 PM, a4zneverus said:

Bad version 73 in p3d file 'ravage\assets\items\gutting_knife.p3d and 'ravage\assets\items\hose.p3d

Are you playing on Linux ? I am having the same problem.

13 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa said:

Are you playing on Linux ? I am having the same problem.

no i play on PC

On 12/25/2016 at 0:11 PM, a4zneverus said:

Make sure you have the latest version of Ravage mod, and if the error persists then report it to Haleks on his Ravage mod thread.

Started a mission, looted body, shot by AI within 30 seconds,forced to restart (ugh). Restarted, looted body, ran like crazy from AI.

Could not figure out how to use chemlights. No mouse wheel menu. How to use chemlight? Thanks.

Mods used.

E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@CBA_A3\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@EM\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@EEA3I\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@JSRS4APEX\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@MAO_ANIMS_SWAY_FIX\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@NOFATIGUE\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@REVO'S SIMPLE QUICKSAVE\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@STHUD\</id>  
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@VTS_WEAPONRESTING\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@RYD_INCOGNITO\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@BLOODLUST\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@RAVAGE\</id>
    <id>local:E:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 3\@RAVAGE\OPTIONALS\@RVG_APEX\</id>

You need to double-click on them in your inventory (most of the item actions for Ravage are done this way).

Watch out for that NoFatigue mod though : it could conflict with the survival system. ;)

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Watch out for that NoFatigue mod though : it could conflict with the survival system. ;)

No, it does not cause any conflict with the system of survival; I've used in all missions based on "Ravage" mod :smile_o:

• Like 1

Thanks, got chemlight to work. Right, Nofatigue had no affect.

I guess this is not my cup of tea. :dontgetit:. Running around in pitch black night not having a clue where I am doesn't cut it for me. Thanks for making the mod though.

Hello rsoftokz

I've been playing ROADS a bit lately and I want to throw a few things out there.  I like this sort of mission as it makes you tread very carefully. Once you figure out where the better loot is, it doesn't take long to gather enough stuff to move along. I've read more than a few times about some of the same complaints and I know you have a particular vision so I'll just point out some of the pro's and cons in the hopes of encouraging you to let your mission get as much game play as possible.

Pro's

- The atmosphere is just perfect. It's gloomy and it makes you feel very nervous and restless. Just the way an apocalyptic island should look and feel.

- The loot system is also good. Once you figure out where the better loot is, it doesn't take long to gather enough stuff to move along. Part of that nervousness that you experience is precisely because you are always in need.

Cons

- The fps are still an issue. I'm finding that I have to make adjustments quite a bit through the mission even after removing "dust storms". It would be great to put it back if the fps could stay playable.

- I'm not seeing very many groups of enemy. I can travel for quite long distances and not really see many. It's hard to describe accurately numbers vs in-game time.

- Campfire enemy are animated but do not have weapons. Is there a mod that is needed? I haven't seen any reference to that.

- There are no objectives, only survival. (I know that is what you have stated earlier). Could you create an end game objective, and,.....since there are survivors, could they be made to relay objectives at random?

Ideas

- Could you make a mission menu before the start of the mission that might allow the player to pick and choose the options that will appear in the game? i.e:.......

a) level of enemy presence, low, medium, high, insane

b) dust storm, on/off

c) TOD, dawn, noon, evening, night.

Would a coop version possible? If so, would the players be able to spawn in the mission separately at random locations?

I have finally got the Iron Front mod working and I was wondering if ROADS and Pilgrimage could be modded to run with the IF mod.

Thanks for looking into this. I still enjoy it regardless.

Partz

5 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Hello vafana

Sorry @pvt. partz :icon_confused: It is not my topic. Just change this part from quotation with @rsoftokz It is his work

In the post above, I was talking about "NoFatigue", It is a script that I packed in pbo. format for disabling fatique effect.

Hello Guys.

ROADS and ROADZ are , for now, no longer supported and outdated due to lack of time (days are only 24H long)

RAVAGE and ARMA have been widely updated since the last version of ROADS/ROADZ and lot of improvements I added are now  inclued in RAVAGE with a much better way that I would have done it myself.

FPS drops is due to both Arma engine anf RAVAGE system (some causes have been deleted/suspended by Haleks the last months with Ravage Upgrades ).

I'm not saying ROADS/ROADZ are dead for ever, I'm thinking to rewrite the whole mission system for a long time, since RAVAGE is now deeply improved, and since I have acquired some better skills in scripting (but yet I have a long way  to be "confortable" with all I would like to do  )

thank you for your comments and supports and I hope I'll find both time and energy to be back in this work to build a newer ROADS mission.

• Like 4

Thanks rsoftokz for the time you put into this. Looking forward to your next creation!

I made my own little Roads type mission using Ravage and the editor. I can be made as simple or complicated as you want.

rsoftokz I installed CBA_A3 and CUP_Terrains Complete. I go to launch chernarus summer or just charnarus and i get Bad version 73 in p3d file 'ca\plants2\clutter\c_grasstall.p3d'.When I go to launch Atlis I get Bad version 73 in p3d file 'ravage\assets\items\hose.p3d' .Keep up the good work!!!

Edited by knight2001

Ok, I had asked about why I can't save. Yes, I had to run a certain long distance away from the start point and then the notification sound with tips came. At that point I could save. I really thought my Mods were conflicting. Maybe somebody should mention that this is a thing?

Edited by ferahgo
found my answer