sneakysquid

Open to join, online multiplayer tactical game experience?

Hello everyone,

I am interested in trying to create, I guess a sub community of sorts, devoted to playing PvP tactical missions, but 'open' to the public in the way of a sign up process.

I have long followed and watched videos from various communities on YouTube or on the forums here, and I see a lot of people express an interest in joining such a community. But often, joining a community means certain days you have to play on, certain requirements to join and so on. 

I am by no means trying to remove these groups, simply trying to start something different, for the people out there wanting to do something different.

Overall concept:

Depending on the amount of people interested I would want a weekly game, Friday/Saturday night (totally up for debate/change) where the community would simply sign up for a role in the current mission, join on the day and work together to achieve the goal of the mission. There would be no requirement other than the willingness to play the role that you have selected, meaning if you selected a squad leader role, the rest of us are counting on you to have some form of plan/idea on how to achieve the goal of the current mission.

Example:
Missions briefing:

- Hostage situation, 2 squads from OPFOR, 2 squads from BLUFOR and 2 hostages.

Winning conditions for OPFOR:
Defeat all BLUFOR, or hold out long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

Failure conditions for OPFOR:

No remaining OPFOR, or BLUFOR gets the hostages to an extraction point.

Winning conditions for BLUFOR

Extract the hostages, or eliminate all OPFOR before reinforcements arrive.

Failure conditions for BLUFOR

No remaining BLUFOR, or OPFOR holds out long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

If hostages are killed by either side, the side that kills them loses.

Before I start the process of a more detailed mission briefing and so on, I would like to know if there, in the community, is an interest for such an event/group/community that is open for everyone to freely join, as long as you show commitment and try to make the whole event a fun experience for everyone involved.

If I receive enough interest in this project, I will start working on the event and hopefully have something ready for you all!

Moved the thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186124-open-to-join-online-multiplayer-tactical-game-experience/