gizz46

ADVANCED COMMAND SYSTEM - ACS MOD by Gizz46

Because I decided so......

It is still compatible with c2 though, i just have no desire to update my mod everytime something changes on behalft of another mod.

• Like 1

If you find some time and motivation, I'd recommend you to improve your presentation (here and workshop) - its the main reason your work didnt get more attention and it deserves more attention.

So like basic video introduction and sample images to give an idea, plus some bullet point overview of the functionality and a basic usage guide. Check the other popular AI commanding menus for reference.

In case you happen to work on this again, some thoughts:

• Keep select all key as default
  • Make select single unit (at cursor target) LWIN by default
  • Make a lot more use of key modifiers (ALT, SHIFT, CTRL) (ie CTRL+LWIN to select multiple, SHIFT+LWIN to initiate multi selection via mouse area; ALT+1-5 to select color fireteams (possible via default controls already tho))
  • TAB to toggle through fireteams doesnt really work well - at least it should show the selection in the command bar (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/groupSelectUnit)
  • Not sure if the "HOLD 1-4" to keep the menus visible is really the best idea as it limits the design to mouse only use; in other words make quick keyboard usage (almost) impossible

Overall your visualization is quite nice with meaningful feature set, yet the interaction may need some reconsideration.

@.kju

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'm realy appreciate to see that somebody is still using my mod. Indeed I have been very negligent in regards on working further on it.

At the moment I'm a liitle bit in a motivational drag in respect of modding and scripting for Arma 3, however I will definitely take a fresh look at my Mod in the beginning of the next year and look what I can refine.

I will also upload my Mod to GitHub so other people can use und improve it further. So letst hope that 2020 will be the year of Arma 4 and I wish you and all forummembers a

merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1