gizz46

ADVANCED COMMAND SYSTEM - ACS MOD by Gizz46

ACS_MOD_zpsixjjjcjz.png

Hi Guys,

today I'm really exited to present you my new creation. This Mod has been in development about the last one and a half years. I've taken this time to provide you an lightweight and easy to use base for controlling your Units. This mod will combine the old with the new.

Maybe some of you will remember the Command Overhaul Mod ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19951). Which I have done two or three years ago.

Well I know this mod was'nt that stable or good written. But over the time I've learned a lot about Arma's scripting, so this mod is on a whole nother level of quality . But to come to the point, the Command Overhaul Mod is something like the ancestor, to my new Advanced Command System, which I want you to present today.

So today will be the day, where commanding your squad will not be a pain in the a**. Instead you will have an easy and intuitive experience. The Main Focus of this Mod is to provide you Guys an easy and uncomplicated way of how you order your units in SP.(not tested in MP)

To archive this, I reorganized the BI's default menus and Keybinding especially the process of how you select your units and menu has been optimized and streamlined. This said, the mod is ideal for beginners of Arma 3, but also for people who never could arrange with the method provided by BI (like my self).

There are not really new commands at the moment (but this will come at a later stage).

Mod Requirements:

• None (only Arma 3 of course)
  • C2/ Command and Control is recommended but optional.

Mod features:

• easy and intuitive way of ordering your units
  • No more “Ninja-Finger†practice on your Keyboard. That means no more hazzle with your Menu selection.
  • new way of selecting your units
  • preassigned team-colors
  • more visual feedback
  • configurable to your likening via menu.
  • and you can de-/activate this Mod at any given time Ingame.

Keys which play a part in this Mod:

• select Keys via CBA

All scripts in this mod are done completely by me. There is only one script that i had to „steal“ from Zaprat. It just a tiny snipped of his awesome Grenade mode.

I have to thank many people in the BI community for this mod, even if they self never have helped my personally.

BIS for making this awesome Game.

KillzoneKid (his Blog/Website is a true helper in need).

Kremator

Sakura_Chan

MadCheese

and all the other people who were kind enough to share their knowledge over the Arma forum.

4. Terms of Usage

modification (for public usage) of the contents of this addon requires my written permission. This statement must be an official statement. Stated in the official Bohemia Interactive-Forum.

should permission be granted the content and derivatives of it are under the APL-SA license.

the contents of this addon are not allowed for any type of commercial use. that includes derivatives of it.

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzdbk3bby1x1zdf/Advanced%20Command%20System%201.1.rar?dl=0

pwsc-{aGFhYjVMMFVMTjZaUVNtQlNOTzg1aVJTSGE2TDh1L3lTSHcwZFo0QmpZVktMdEFTUWMwazQ5eC9sZUQ4cXlDSmUrTDhBTFRSUG9CN1JhMUthRUduQ2xRTXFpVEdCZG1Id2tnSWtnaENWZmFvME9Rc0svSVMrOEJVWkJpQTEyYlg=}

• Like 3

I'm intrigued......downloading now.  Always happy to try out other ways to manipulate AI......Thanks for sharing.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey gizz46 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to post a short Youtube video. It's nothing special, just to get an better Idea of how my mod works.
In case some of you people are a little sceptical to try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MnFkpzJX0c

Maybe I will post a tutorial (in better quality) in a coouple of days, but atm i have no time for that.

Any (constructive) Feedack on this mod is highly apreciated.

• Like 1

Noticed something:When issue a Move-order, do I have to move some,in order to make the unit move,they didn`t move instantly when issued it?  

Instant movement is preferred with this type of mod,I think.

No this is just a coincidendce in the Video.

They should move instantly but this is also engine related (depending on the Combat state) and I can't do nothing about it.

Thats funny I had the exact opposite experience in that I ordered my squad to run to a covered area when a tank was coming and they seemed to do it much faster than vanilla. For a minute thought you solved the auto danger bug :p

Still a bit confused with this - what is the advantage of using your Move reticule over vanillas as that is easier to precisely place. Also, how do we get a Target list?

@ froggyluv

Still a bit confused with this - what is the advantage of using your Move reticule over vanillas as that is easier to precisely place.

In my opinion the "quick movement order" is alittle bit quicker and reliable. For instance the normal BI provided solution, you had to select "move to" and suddently another unit runs through your line or you moved your corsur a litle bit and your selection skipped to a completly nother place. Now it is only one button where nothing can go wrong. It also shows you all avaiable Building pistions which makes unit placement inside a building much more confortable.

Also, how do we get a Target list?

Well i have put that option out because i never used it. But  I can readded in th next update.

You have to understand that in order to uncluster the Menus i had to sort some of the commands out and here lies the problem . I know that I can't fullfill everyones taste or whishes, whenn it comes to the decision what commands to I keep and which are redundent.    

Hello, did anyone test this in multiplayer? if so, what was the outcome?

Does it collide with TFAR or ACE?

Hello, did anyone test this in multiplayer? if so, what was the outcome?

Does it collide with TFAR or ACE?

I don't know any reason why it should'nt work in MP also i did design this Mod for SP use primarily. Best why to find it out is to try it out. 

General speaking next update will come soon (next couple of days). This will include following Major and minor changes.

- changed Keybind to CBA.

- removed "Move/Target" quickmenu. It had some flaws I wasnt happy with.

- more visiual Feetback. (Which units are traget etc.)

- 360 Defense formation. 

A long term goal will be the support of Highcommand Controll. But it will take some time to figuring out how this all work.

To get a decent High Command addon would be awesome. So irritating that it is so bugged and useless, could be a phenomenal feature. 

Hi Guys here is a small update of my Mod.

Version 1.1:

- Fixed:          Grenademode Bug. Would'nt work without C2.
- Added:        360 Denfence. Find under "Movement Menu"Defence.
- Changed:    switched Keybind to CBA.
- Changed:    Configuration Menu (not needed atm).
- Reomved:    Quick Targeting/Movement. Had some Clitches and was in a way redundant.

- initial release

Main new feature is the 360 Degree defence.

There will be other features soon but progress ist slowly due to RL.

Planned features for next release / Update:

- order unit to plant an Explosive or Mine.

- enalbe light, laser ect.

- patrol walking behaviour. Like Relax/Easy mode (Weapon Down) but with more Awarness and formation behaviour.   

- Skill Ajustment menu for controlled units.

- high command compatibility

Hope you have fun with it. Constructive critisism or new feature Ideas are always welcome.

Download Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzdbk3bby1x1zdf/Advanced%20Command%20System%201.1.rar?dl=0

Neat idea, but I would like to have the option to turn off unit icons. Also when squadmate dies you get Error:No unit icon, but you can cycle team colors to get rid of it.

Hi Gizz46

Nice command Tool you make :)

i get a error message:

ACS-Mod/funktions/Commands/fn_ENABLE_AUTOTARGET.sqf    not found

i have in your @ACS_MOD folder no funktions folder.

the Mod work not full in Game

Greets Veteran66

Hi Guys,

here is a small hotfix for the errormassage, I hope there are no other problems.

unfortunatly I was'nt able to come any further with this mod due to work and private life. However I will try continue work soon.

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ew4ajyrwxudxfx/Advanced%20Command%20System%201.11%20%28Hotfix%29.rar?dl=0

Hi Guys,

here is a small hotfix for the errormassage, I hope there are no other problems.

unfortunatly I was'nt able to come any further with this mod due to work and private life. However I will try continue work soon.

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ew4ajyrwxudxfx/Advanced%20Command%20System%201.11%20%28Hotfix%29.rar?dl=0

thx Gizz46

Hi Folks,

after a very long break from my Mod. Here is a small update. If you find any Bugs ect. please let me know.

I hope it is usefull to you guys.

have a nice day

Gizz46

Download

Steam Workshop

Version 1.2;

- Added:    varoius smaller scirpting fixes and tweaks.
- Added:    Line Up Command -> Can be found under Movement menu Defence.
- Added:    HC Command support.
- Added:    drawline3D for Assignedtarget. Should make oversight for target coordination  alot easier.
- Added:    drawline3D for movementpostion. Should make oversight for movement coordination  alot easier.
- Added:    Supressive Fire command to target menu.
-removed:    C2 Support

Version 1.11 (Hotfix);

- Fixed: removed obsolete Function entry from Config (which was causing an error Massage)

Version 1.1;

- Fixed:     Grenademode Bug. Would'nt work without C2.
- Added:    360 Denfence. Find under "Movement Menu"Defence.
- Changed:    switched Keybind to CBA.
- Changed:     Configuration Menu (not needed atm).
- Reomved:    Quick Targeting/Movement. Had some Clitches and was in a way redundant.

- initial release

• Like 2

On 22.10.2017 at 2:15 PM, gizz46 said:

-removed:    C2 Support

Why?