theopolus

Activate a Trigger if a Specific Classname is Present

Heya, 

I have searched high and low for a solution to a problem I am having with a specific condition for a trigger. What I want to do is have a trigger fire when a specific object (not named identity) but rather, classname is present in it's area. The goal here is have ALL CH-67 Hurons, ie. "B_Heli_Transports_03_F", units fire the trigger, not just one with a specific name. 

I found a post in the ArmA 2 Threads that advised that the following worked in ArmA 2; 

{vehicle _x iskindof "BAF_Jackal2_GMG_W"} count thislist > 0;

I tried using; 

{vehicle _x iskindof "B_Heli_Transports_03_F"} count thislist > 0;

in ArmA 3 and it does not work, the trigger does not fire. 

So for clarity, I am looking for a condition that will fire a trigger when a specific classname enters it's radius / area.

Any thoughts? 

Theopolus

Or:

{vehicle _x iskindof "Heli_Transport_03_base_F"} count thislist > 0;

You can check the class hierarchy in the config viewer's 'parents' line.

Many Thanks to Killzone_kid and Greenfist, I went with the following in my trigger conition; 

typeOf vehicle player == "B_Heli_Transport_03_F" && (player distance thistrigger) < 500

it works and fires when a Huron piloted by player approaches within 500 meters. thanks again for your help. 

Theopolus AKA JESTER at Battleboys ArmA

UPDATE:

Just because i like it when old threads are updated, I have also started to use the following as the condition for a trigger when you need it to fire if a specific object, kind or classname is present; 

{_x iskindof "StaticWeapon"} count thislist == 1

Where the above example denotes a kind, ie. "StaticWeapon",  you can simply substitute any one classname. The above bit of code i am using to fire a trigger once the players setup a man-portable TOW launcher in a mission. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1