maquez

RC 1.54 (Nexus Update) testing - feedback

RC 1.54 (Nexus Update) is not playable at it's current state !

- every mission you start, a message of missing addon "3den" pops up and you can not load mission.

- every 10 seconds mission load screen appears ... etc.

sorry......  :huh:  RC works as it should ... error was on my side.

Warning:

there is a map addon that creates very strange errors in arma 3, it does it even when addon is disabled.

I had to delete the entire folder of the map addon from arma 3 root to get it working again normal.

- missions saved with 1.52 can not be loaded with 1.54, error missing addon 3den pops up.

- new stamina and fatigue ... this must be a bad joke, my mother in law walks faster than this and she is 98 years old :D (unfortunately any no fatigue or stamina addons do not work anymore!)

I too am having some strange issues with RC 1.54. I noticed that a few of my mods do not show up in the launcher anymore. If I switch back to the current build, they are right where they were. Some of the mods are actually campaigns, but still do not show up. Then, even more strangely, when I go to my scenarios tab in-game, there are missing scenarios. If I try re-subscribing they appear for a second and then disappear again. Worst of all, the missions that ARE there are all duplicated, so there is two of each up to a total of 55 scenarios. When I revert back from the RC build, things go back to normal.

Unfortunately, the new weapon inertia and sway when turning, along with stamina are very ridiculous to me.

- new stamina and fatigue ... this must be a bad joke, my mother in law walks faster than this and she is 98 years old :D (unfortunately any no fatigue or stamina addons do not work anymore!)

12,8 km/h is minimum running speed.

Ummm what? You can run endessly without food/drink 12km/h with 30kg of stuff in your back. Is your mother in law some kind of a synth/robot?

I actually find it not Harsh enough. But you know, the main stream players brought to notice that they are incapable of managing their Fatigue, and thus does what any gamer will do, which is blame the system and not themselves...

• Like 3

I actually find it not Harsh enough. But you know, the main stream players brought to notice that they are incapable of managing their Fatigue, and thus does what any gamer will do, which is blame the system and not themselves...

This is actually very false. The main stream players decided that based on their playstyle, they don't want to have to manage the fatigue or stamina, and enjoy the game more, not having to. It seems a few people around here have elitist opinions to their hardcore playstyles. Fortunately catering to the biggest playerbase, and THEN providing tools for hardcore players is a very successoul strategy by game developers, and I'm glad bohemia is choosing to use that method, instead of being pressured by the forum users who primarily, seem to be people more infested in hardcore simulation based gamemodes rather than what average players play.

This is actually very false. The main stream players decided that based on their playstyle, they don't want to have to manage the fatigue or stamina, and enjoy the game more, not having to. It seems a few people around here have elitist opinions to their hardcore playstyles. Fortunately catering to the biggest playerbase, and THEN providing tools for hardcore players is a very successoul strategy by game developers, and I'm glad bohemia is choosing to use that method, instead of being pressured by the forum users who primarily, seem to be people more infested in hardcore simulation based gamemodes rather than what average players play.

BIS' success is based on the OFP/Arma series. This series has always been different from the many other FPS because it milsim. As the name suggests this is a military simulator, i.e. it simulates (where possible) real-life. Over the last 15 years the Arma series has remained true to this credo and it's success has grown. Arma has always appeared "hardcore" compared to other FPS. It has never apologised for being hardcore. In fact that's why people buy it and not other FPS, despite being more accessible, much prettier and running much smoother. What the hardcore community regrets is that BIS spent over a year slowly implementing a significant feature only to suddenly change it for something much simpler which is FAR less realistic. If we don't want realism then why bother with the Advanced Flight Model?  Moreover, can players switch the AFM On or Off? So wouldn't it be great if BIS offered us the same choice with stamina/fatigue? i.e. Arcade = no stamina, Light = new stamina system & Full = old fatigue system. As for those who claim that the modders should pick-up the bill, why further splinter the community over such an important aspect? Especially when you've already completed most of the development...

• Like 1

instead of being pressured by the forum users who primarily, seem to be people more infested in hardcore simulation based gamemodes rather than what average players play.

I really don't feel like we "pressure" the devs - although we've been trying for years... :lol:

Seriously though, if we were to follow your logic, all games would be... average.

I would rather cultivate differences.

This is actually very false. The main stream players decided that based on their playstyle, they don't want to have to manage the fatigue or stamina, and enjoy the game more, not having to.

I really don't see why you are at all invested in the new stamina system. if You by your own admittance will be playing on servers with it disabled.

So what is your point?

I really don't see why you are at all invested in the new stamina system. if You by your own admittance will be playing on servers with it disabled.

So what is your point?

It's better in my opinion then fatigues. That's why

It's better in my opinion then fatigues. That's why

Oh I get it is your opinion.

So the people that are actually going to be using stamina are telling bis they'd like it kept somewhat simulation.

And you are saying it would be better for bis instead to listen to you and the others that won't use it either way how it should be done.... And this makes for a like you said "successful strategy". that is what I'd call in my opinion.. flawed logic.

That's just it though. If main stream players keep demanding the game to feel more... main stream, it won't be like what Arma should be, used to be even. It'll just be another... Mainstream game. I'm not elitist, or a Hardcore Mil-sim player, although i enjoy all spectrum of what Arma 3 has to offer. However, i haven't touched a single Server or game mode in Arma 3 on Multiplayer that hasn't done away completely with the Fatigue system as a whole. This is ruining the game, as Fatigue should be a large part of the gameplay. But no one wants to deal with it, they see it as a nuisance rather than a feature. in many ways, Arma 3 is already played like other mainstream games now.

I at least hope this new fatigue system will be used by everyone, now that's it's been watered down, and made easier to tell exactly when you're about to be exhausted, and go over board.

• Like 1

Every time I load a mission in the Eden editor, my game crashes do to memory issue... Never had this happen until this update...

my time to game is limited,

I like to have fun while gaming and do not want get nerved up by a total ridiculous whatever system.

back to feedback:

RC 1.54 seems to have really problems loading addons correct, tested several different mods.

my time to game is limited,

I like to have fun while gaming and do not want get nerved up by a total ridiculous whatever system.

back to feedback:

RC 1.54 seems to have really problems loading addons correct, tested several different mods.

Do you keep in mind that mods owners have to update their mods in order to work perfectly in

new arma  version?

So I'm assuming this update won't be avoidable and it's going to pretty much break everything I've customized for the game?

Is there any way around this? I really just can't stand "out of the box Arma", no offence, but it takes me a while to customize the game to my liking and an update like this is just going to cock everything up and create a lot of work if there are fundamental incompatibilities.

I can't say that I'm a fan of stamina. Played with it for a good hour or so on my favorite patrol ops server. While not a perfect system, I really liked the fatigue system with the exception of being a missile spec. or an Ammo Bearer. I find with the new system that the punishment for just carrying the simplest of loads is extreme. As a soldier, I understand that this IS in fact closer to real life values. However, there is a disconnect between Arma and real world combat. I find the aim sway penalty to be highly frustrating. When I aim down my sights to fire only to find that I shouldn't even try because my sway is terrible, I find myself not blaming my choices up to that point (Weight as low as I can possibly get it, 4 mags, 1 frag, 1 smoke, lite carrier, no pistol, ECH, IFAC). I find myself blaming the game. I HAVE to move, I HAVE to wear plate and a helmet. my weapon is at a low port carry. I won't dismiss stamina completely because fatigue had these same problem when it was first introduced. It just seems like a step back for me instead of a step forward.

• Like 2

Seems like this update has broken every single mission that has been created before today. I can not load missions on my servers, nor can I open mission in the editor. It returns "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.3DEN" every time.

Seems like a questionable business move to release an update that breaks every single mission ever created for this game before today....

• Like 1

My first observation was the stamina/fatigue. Wholly unrealistic, unless were simulating overweight recruits, or ancient reservists.  Someone who is reasonably fit isn't going to be so weighed down that they can only walk. While playing on a King of the Hill server, with ammo perk, I'd be equipped with the NAVID with 600 rounds. I can only walk! If it were the M240B, that'd would be reasonable. Two 150-200 pouches on the body with 1, often 2 assault packs in the ruck or bandoliered. Assistant gunners have been known to sport almost 800 rounds with tripod and T&E. It may vary depending on what other crap they make you carry, but ARMA 3 doesn't simulate carrying the bivy, sleeping bag, ground mat, cookware, food, spare clothes, WATER, chocolate, poncho with liner, E-Tool, hygiene equipment, weapon cleaning supplies on and on...

The "fighting light" load is 70lbs, not including the extra "fluff", and they are still expected to sprint across the street, climbs stairs, and commense combat. That is plenty to accomodate a machine gunner, particularly since I won't be carrying any apare parts, barrels, a tripod...

Just now, I engaged the enemy from a second story. I ran down the stairs and out the back, and by that time is was WALKING!!!! What in the world! Why are we sending these poor anemic boys into combat!

I was also laying down progressive fire from the standing position with bipod, but it swayed so badly I could not render accurate fire beyond 150yds, pathetic! What ever happened to stability, the gun must weigh 30lbs, it shouldn't be going anywhere!

It was fine before, why change it? It was unneccessary and not needed.

If you wanted to make a change, why aren't LMG's carried appropriately? Seldom do you run around with a shouldered 25lb weapon. Sling it at the hip or hoist it on a shoulder. A SAW can be strung up higher and fired from the shoulder, but is preferred to be rested.

• Like 4

Registered just to complain. Yes, it is not about realism anymore, but making soldiers into criples. It's 2035, all of them are enhanced (obviously), why can't they run with a big gun anymore and then stop, pick up rangefinder and look straight instead of swaying it in all 4 directions like a madman? I always liked realistic, even hardcore gameplay, but this update broke something which was working just fine. I have no idea who tested this in RC branch and why did they gave a green light to this (it's not like they didn't have a say or anything).

Eitherway, hopefully the developers of the mod I am playing will disable this nonsense just like they did with original (prior) arma 3 fatigue system. Still though, even for default Arma 3 game, this new stamina system is not just "unpolished" but seems like nobody tested it at all and just added few equations and said "well hopefull it will fly" to the community.

It should at least be tweaked more. It's the only game I play. :mellow: using a smiley face to show that I am not angry just pissed. It is happening same story as with DayZ SA, devs broke the game, introduced terrible weapon sway, now year later, they did it again.

• Like 1

Seems like this update has broken every single mission that has been created before today. I can not load missions on my servers, nor can I open mission in the editor. It returns "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.3DEN" every time.

Seems like a questionable business move to release an update that breaks every single mission ever created for this game before today....

I'm not sure why they thought this was a good idea, much less some of the other very radical alterations to the game.

Either way, I'm rocking legacy, because I want nothing to do with all of this business breaking the game that I've come to enjoy for something I don't believe most people wanted.

I somewhat like the new stamina system. Yes, it's not about realism as much, but look at where the majority of Armas player base is right now, Life/Wasteland servers. Those who want realism are mainly in private groups. And to this end, BI released a bunch of new scripting commands so that they can tailor the system to their liking, and even included a option to use the old one all together. Even public realism servers can include these custom stamina scripts, and everyone can use them. I kind of like it.

The thing I'm worried about, for me at least, is the way the vests are handled. I run a lot of legacy unit mods that aren't supported anymore, so if I want to keep using them I might have to learn the new system.

Here in Armapoint Brazil clan, our server is customized and our addons are reworked and thanks to the new upgrade we will be unable to play through the changes without logics that have been made, unreal things that marred the immersion we had in the game, thanks BIS once again managed hinder us. :wacko: