laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

I honestly wish all weapon addon makers would just configure their weapons to use vanilla sounds. That way those who prefer JSRS for instance could use that and those of us who prefer LAxemanns sounds could use those.

I couldn't agree more.

To me, if it ain't got Laxemann's sounds I won't use it, no matter the excellence of model or animation.

• Like 2

I agree, it's a complete boner killer using RHS weapons that don't have working distance sounds.

I agree, it's a complete boner killer using RHS weapons that don't have working distance sounds.

Laxemann does all of the sounds for RHS

• Like 1

And 3CB weapons also take advantage of the excellent laxemannn sounds :-)

• Like 3

Quick update:

I think I'll be able to get one or two christmas presents ready. :rolleyes:

ES + DS

Cheers

LAxe

• Like 21

Quick update:

ES + DS

Cheers

LAxe

Hey lax-that's great to hear! Get it? "hear"-because you make sound mods....I'll just go now...

• Like 6

Okey, the "roadmap" for now:

Both DynaSound 2.0 and Enhanced Soundscape will be released around christmas. I say "around" because I don't know whether I'll be home or not. :)

DynaSound 2.0

• Will cover pretty much all vanilla weapons, including the DLC ones.

• Helicopters are still covered as well

• The Xi'an VTOL is covered

• Some vehicle weapons, especially the launchers, might use the DynaSound 1 sounds on release but should be updated shortly after

• An issue prevented me from redoing the explosions. Thanks to rebelvg, however, the issue has been fixed. The first release will mainly use DynaSound 1 explosion sounds, but I intend to fully update them to the new system (reverb tails etc) soon.

• Definitely sounds _way_ better and dynamic than version 1 to me. After a creative crisis, I'm happy with the result after all. :)

Enhanced Soundscape

• Will be released simultaneously. It's features are listed in the respective thread. I'm proud to say, however, that I've never even dreamed about the quality the mod now has and that it will enhance your soundscape to a dynamic level you haven't heard often before. :)

A big, big, big shoutout goes to Jokoho482 who not only taught me shittons of performance-related script stuff, but also rewrote large parts of the script-structure himself. Thanks to him, Enhanced Soundscape runs abolutely smooth, with almost no / no fps loss even in large firefights. He pretty much enabled me to make Enhanced Soundscape and many DynaSound features come to life and I therefore put him as the second author for both mods, so it's DynaSound and Enhanced Soundscape by me and Joko from now on.

Talking about other stuff: I've spent the last days carefully tweaking many RHS sounds, improved the reverb tail handling for all mods (RHS; DynaSound...) and put some work into WestWall, too. His name is tommy and I love him.

Be sure to re-listen to your favourite RHS weapons once the next update hits the servers.

LAxe

• Like 35

Okey, the "roadmap" for now:

Both DynaSound 2.0 and Enhanced Soundscape will be released around christmas. I say "around" because I don't know whether I'll be home or not. :)

DynaSound 2.0

• Will cover pretty much all vanilla weapons, including the DLC ones.

• Helicopters are still covered as well

• The Xi'an VTOL is covered

• Some vehicle weapons, especially the launchers, might use the DynaSound 1 sounds on release but should be updated shortly after

• An issue prevented me from redoing the explosions. Thanks to rebelvg, however, the issue has been fixed. The first release will mainly use DynaSound 1 explosion sounds, but I intend to fully update them to the new system (reverb tails etc) soon.

• Definitely sounds _way_ better and dynamic than version 1 to me. After a creative crisis, I'm happy with the result after all. :)

Enhanced Soundscape

• Will be released simultaneously. It's features are listed in the respective thread. I'm proud to say, however, that I've never even dreamed about the quality the mod has now and that it will enhance your soundscape to a dynamic level you haven't heard often before. :)

A big, big, big shoutout goes to Jokoho482 who not only taught me shittons of performance-related script stuff, but also rewrote large parts of the script-structure himself. Thanks to him, Enhanced Soundscape run abolutely smooth, with almost no / no fps loss even in large firefights. He pretty much enabled me to make Enhanced Soundscape and many DynaSound features come to life and I therefore put him as the second author for both mods, so it's DynaSound and Enhanced Soundscape by me and Joko from now on.

Talking about other stuff: I've spent the last days carefully tweaking many RHS sounds, improved the reverb tail handling for all mods (RHS; DynaSound...) and put some work into WestWall, too. His name is tommy and I love him.

Be sure to re-listen to your favourite RHS weapons once the next update hits the servers.

LAxe

atpthrd.gif

• Like 5

Does anyone have a bug on RHS vehicles, and overall - tanks? Everytime after shoot i hear bullet whizz sound few seconds after shoot.

Does anyone have a bug on RHS vehicles, and overall - tanks? Everytime after shoot i hear bullet whizz sound few seconds after shoot.

Can confirm this bug. Experiened it with tanks and rocket launcher of the vanilla game and all my Mods(RHS, CUP, BW).

But I hear the bullet/rocket whizz sound only if i run a few meters in the direction of fire.
  • Like 1

Hearing your excitement for the work you've done and the progress you've made makes me all the more hyped for the release. Keep up the good work

• Like 1

Great news Laxemann. Will DS2 be required server side ?

Great news Laxemann. Will DS2 be required server side ?

i am not Laxemann but i know that DS2 is only Client side. you only need CBA and thats all.

• Like 1

I ask because in my team we had some mission dependencies troubles (maybe since 3DEN) and the easier was to add DS server side too.

i just looked and in my test mission are no dependencies from Dynasound nor L_ES from the newst dev version

Hmmm that's weird, all I can think of is some inproper inheritance in the old DynaSound version... then again, you're the first one to report it. Weird, but soon obsolete anyway. I could tell you that Joko did yet another great job fixing and re-working stuff and thank him, but I won't so that his ego doesn't get to him.

• Like 4

On 21/11/2016 at 4:53 PM, laxemann said:

all i want for christmas is my two front...........

*Hint* see post above :)

1 hour ago, farmersam said:

all i want for christmas is my two front...........

*Hint* see post above :)

Ditto :) 

i like the sound of all this a lot. dynasound update soon, mod makers keeping eachother's egos in check. good stuff all around guys :xmas:

• Like 1

Yooo!

So, the RC for DynaSound will be done in around half an hour. Yay! It will be tested and probably even reviewed by some folks. Once again... ugh... thanks to Joko for some stellar PR work. F*cker. :D ♥

Enhanced Soundscape is pretty much ready to ship, too! As mentioned before, some of my other stuff was completely rewritten by Joko over the last months so this christmas is going to be BIG, haha! More on that separately, though.

As for DynaSound:

Yeah, the RC is done. A handful of weapons still uses sounds from the older version. The plan is to change this shortly after release and I won't tell you because you might not notice them anyway, haha! Be asured that all rifles and pistols are 100% new, though. Also, as mentioned before, most explosion sounds are unchanged for now - Which means that the next step is it to create new explosions next year. The "new" system offers some neat things. :]

All in all, I'm really, really satisfied with the outcome and feedback has been absolutely positive so far. :)

I really needed that positive feedback, by the way, because after working on something for such a long time and getting used to it, it kinda doesn't feel special anymore, haha!

In other news...

... the upcoming year will be huge for ArmA sound(modding). Mega and I had some kind of epiphany yesterday and were able to bring it straight into the game. I can't show you anything just yet because I haven't talked with Mega about it yet, but you'll get an update soon(ish). Probably the latest when Mega gets so excited that he does a video explaining every detail, anyway hahaha!

We think that this will raise the audio fidelity and modularity bar once more. I recently joined Mega and Alex in the Iron Front A3 sound department and the mod will most likely be the first to use our new stuff. Sound geek collaboration to the max. :)

Seeya soon

LAxe

• Like 26

I've never been so hyped over sounds before! Thankyou for doing this work Lax and the sound boys! 

We really love your job. Dont be mad when i report something - it dont mean your work is bad, i dont write it, beacuse its obvious (that your work is great) ;)

Yo!

Operator Drewski got his hands on DynaSound and Enhanced Soundscape and reviewed it. 3 1/2 days to go. Enjoy! :)

• Like 9