laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question - what mods would this cover ? I've seen vanilla and RHS mentioned - so it wouldn't improve mods like IF3L, Unsung, Massi, and others ??? Thanks for your hard work the examples sound very promising...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question - what mods would this cover ? I've seen vanilla and RHS mentioned - so it wouldn't improve mods like IF3L, Unsung, Massi, and others ??? Thanks for your hard work the examples sound very promising...

Regards,

Scott

Dynasound like JSRS will affect only Vanilla weapons and sounds at least initially.

Hopefully Lax makes a new running sound too. Lax also makes the RHS sounds so I doubt Dynasound will affect RHS.

• Like 2

Thanks for the clarification...

Regards,

Scott

Where Lax has kindly donated the framework - it will work for specific modsets I.e. 3CB's new weapons release due very shortly. (Thanks Lax :-) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Go Laxe, go. Stop playing Squad  :P

Sent from my PC using a loud Keyboard

• Like 1

I like this Mod very much, but there are some bugs which kill the atmosphere is some scenarios. I hope you can fix them.

Mods:

-Dynasound 1.5

-CBA 3.0.0

Missing sound for:

-Mi 48 / CSAT VTOL 30mm Gun

-Blackfood 20mm Gun

-Hellcat and Littlebird Minugun

The Sound for Vehicle weapons like the m2 on the Offroader or the 50.cal on the LSV are too quiet.

\DS_m_Explosions\sounds\Rocket_Big\0m_3.wss

\DS_m_Explosions\sounds\Rocket_Big\0m_4.wss

have something extra at the end of the file that sounds like a double explosion that's suddenly cut-off.

the latest update screwed all the sounds up. The sound mods still play vanilla sounds. Is there any way around that or a way to remedy that? I feel a lot of modders, at least the sound modders, are holding out on that info.

I honestly wish all weapon addon makers would just configure their weapons to use vanilla sounds. That way those who prefer JSRS for instance could use that and those of us who prefer LAxemanns sounds could use those.

• Like 1

LOL Guys why are any of you still using the old Dynasound?

It isn't supported and Lax is working on 2.0. Honestly by today I'm surprised it works at all.

Just be patient and wait for 2.0 or use JSRS is the mean time.

• Like 1

I honestly wish all weapon addon makers would just configure their weapons to use vanilla sounds. That way those who prefer JSRS for instance could use that and those of us who prefer LAxemanns sounds could use those.

But then we would miss out on the great addons that use their own sounds,like SMA or NiArms.

• Like 2

LOL Guys why are any of you still using the old Dynasound?

It isn't supported and Lax is working on 2.0. Honestly by today I'm surprised it works at all.

Just be patient and wait for 2.0 or use JSRS is the mean time.

The thing is, Ive been trying to mod a sound mod myself and the info given is all vague and riddled. As if you have to have some kind of privilege to know this info, or a select few have the right to have notoriety over being able to create such a mod. There's no competition on my part, I just want to contribute my ideas as well.

But then we would miss out on the great addons that use their own sounds,like SMA or NiArms.

TBH, I don't know what I would miss the most, if many good takes of how weapons should sound, or all the frigging AKs to sound like the same weapon they are...

• Like 1

See in my ideal fantasy world they would then release a sound pack with the mod. That way if I'm running SMA and RHS I don't end up with 2 different sounding M4's for instance, and have a consistency in the sound across all weapons. 

I realise this is totally unrealistic and would cause a lot more work for addon makers, but a guy can dream :P

• Like 1

The thing is, Ive been trying to mod a sound mod myself and the info given is all vague and riddled. As if you have to have some kind of privilege to know this info, or a select few have the right to have notoriety over being able to create such a mod. There's no competition on my part, I just want to contribute my ideas as well.

LAX is coming out with a Dynasounds 2.0 framework for people like yourself, so all you do is chuck in your sounds and punch in the numbers. Just gotta wait yo. 

TBH, I don't know what I would miss the most, if many good takes of how weapons should sound, or all the frigging AKs to sound like the same weapon they are...

You and JD Wang are right. Most gun shots do sound the same, almost. I have a certain way to implement that. Its too bad I had a jist , almost was able to get something created with both help of Lax and Goth, until ArmA3 was updated. Now nothing works

think as better practice could be having the main configs use vanilla sounds and then have a seperate pbo with a config that changes them to custom ones. then you could just disable/remove that pbo and have sound mods do the sound.

but no one is going to do that. extra work. good thing RHS has Laxemann on board.

can't wait for the next update. i made a mission that has a gunship run as a support type and was wondering the other day why it sounded so weird. was starting to investigate for sound bugs but then realised i just had forgotten to load dynasound and was hearing vanilla sounds.

i gotta make a video of it. it's legit scary with dynasound on.

• Like 4

i gotta make a video of it. it's legit scary with dynasound on.

I remember as a FIA rebel being chased across the west coast of Altis' forests by a Kaiman using Dynasound. The sound of that 30mm cannon was terrifying. I hid under a bridge for almost 20 mins :D

Hey LAxemann, do you still plan to release DynaSound's update until the end of September?

Unfortunately, nope.

College and work are extremely time-consuming at the moment and I still have one large and one minor exam ahead within the next four weeks. Also, my main priority is RHS at the moment, however DynaSound will share some of it's sounds, too, so this will progress it as well.

It's not dead, just progressing very slowly :D

• Like 3