laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

The car doesn't matter, I just used the hatchback for the sake of applying the config and sounds to SOMETHING. No other car goes this fast :D

• Like 1

No other car goes this fast :D

Thank God :lol:

I hope there is a variable to get the time point of gear shifts so that the sound can have gear shifts in it :)

Naaah, I've already set up a PayPal donation thingy and people can send over whatever they want whenever they want, if they want. Patreon is more suitable for people like video makers in my opinion, since they continuuously deliver new content.

As for performance: I can absolutely assure you that the flyby scripts don't cause any FPS drops. Well, 0.001fps maybe :P

You should put this in your signature! I had no idea you took donations. Expect money incoming. :P

• Like 2

Hi LAxemann - Hope you are well.

I've been seeing a re-occurring script error on our missions when we combine RHS grad rocket fire, with your dynasound mod. It's 100% easy to replicate. Place the bm21. Shoot grad rockets at unsuspecting public players profit as they scream and spam the chat channel in outrage - oh and it's pops up an error too :-)

I'm sitting on a plane so don't have access to the exact error right now, but am back at the weekend if you can't pin it down.

SJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Serjames, thanks for reporting, will look into it! :)

Soo, a quick update:

I've finished all Apex weapons and we're currently playing the campaign together with Enhanced Soundscape. I'm really happy with the overall soundscape and I think it's a big improvement over the old DynaSound version.

Back when I started version 2, many hours and thoughts went into the sound design aspect. The result is a very clear and differenciated soundscape, I think it paid off. :)

Also, I've (had to) redo the template to some extent, people who are already using my template and sounds for their mod will receive a new "care-package" soon-ish. (e.g. Serjames)

My current plan ist it to finish all weapons (Aprox. half of them or a bit more are done) and release a first "beta" version and then redo all explosion sounds with the new engine capabilities.

Enhanced Soundscape will be released alongside with it.

I'm aiming for a release in August/September, but that's no promise :D

Cheers

LAxe

Edit:

This is us playing the campaign with DynaSound 2.0

• Like 11

Laxemann will Enhanced Soundscape work with the current patch and in conjunction with JSRS4?

Also, will this work with JSRS4 or would it conflict with it? Im really enjoying the sounds from your mods, only recently found out about this.

Another question lol

Where can i get your modded RHS sounds? The current sounds are very underwhelming

Laxemann will Enhanced Soundscape work with the current patch and in conjunction with JSRS4?

Also, will this work with JSRS4 or would it conflict with it? Im really enjoying the sounds from your mods, only recently found out about this.

I'm 95% sure they will most likely have some kind of conflict between them. 

Another question lol

Where can i get your modded RHS sounds? The current sounds are very underwhelming

Pretty sure Laxe will release them along with the upcoming update from RHS (he's part of the team) 

Just be patient, according to the RHS team the update is coming very soon.

• Like 1

mod isn't working with current ArmA3 update. any idea why?

mod isn't working with current ArmA3 update. any idea why?

If you would read back a bit, you would see that Lax is working on a big new post-Apex release. He said it would be hopefully out in August. A lot of things have changed with the games sound over the last couple of updates.

A quick tease: The EBR, SPMG, AK-12 and the "Protector"/Mp5 :)

Oh, this should be the first time I show some of the new silenced sounds which were made with the new source files :D

• Like 12

Your new sounds are so freaking good! I'm really looking forward to this release.

I wish I would have checked out this mod sooner!! So much better with this soundscape! Amazing works!

• Like 1

Pristine stuff Laxe,

The sounds rolling down the valley are superb! Very clear that you've thrown a great deal of work and love into this project.

Eagerly await update release!

• Like 2

The new sounds sound awesome mate, with LES sounding better than ever.

The only concern I have with it is are the weapons all sounding a little too similar? In your latest video all the guns sound pretty similar (not the same, but pretty similar) and in turn sound pretty similar to the RHS weapons. Maybe IRL they would, but it is always good to give each weapon it's own character and feel through it's soundscape.

Either way I know it is a WIP project so the end result will be much different. But it is just something I've noticed.

The new sounds sound awesome mate, with LES sounding better than ever.

The only concern I have with it is are the weapons all sounding a little too similar? In your latest video all the guns sound pretty similar (not the same, but pretty similar) and in turn sound pretty similar to the RHS weapons. Maybe IRL they would, but it is always good to give each weapon it's own character and feel through it's soundscape.

Either way I know it is a WIP project so the end result will be much different. But it is just something I've noticed.

Thanks dude! :)

Sorry to disappoint you, but indeed, I'm "keeping it real" and the weapons will sound fairly similiar, with the main change in characteristics coming from the calibre and the weapon's mechanics. Then again, quality sound systems at a decent volume should bring out the characteristics of each weapon very well. :)

• Like 9

Very nice. So glad you've found a fix for that buffering issue when firing an AR on full auto. I can't wait to get our weapons rolled out with the new sounds! :D

That's it, all rifles are done. Onto the pistols now, then the vehicle weapons. *sweat*

• Like 7