laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

WORK FASTER PLS!

no but really, amazing work. hands down the best soundscape in probably any game.

Thanks a _tons_ for the encouraging words, guys! They really helped me to power through the last evenings - Had an output of almost two weapons each day for the past few days and the finish line for the RHS weapon sounds is in sight :D
I also did some protoype sounds for the Xiang VTOL and am more than pleased so far, I'll spend some time in expanding the flyby script to fast movers this evening. Expect some frightening flyby wooshs!

Also, a huge shoutout to Frank Bry aka The Recordist. As you might know I'm a student and a bit short on money, but he gave me a 50% discount on his Suppressed Weapons HD library - This will be the base for most silenced guns. :)

Really happy with how everything's going along at the moment and your feedback makes me both proud and happy.

Thanks'n cheers

LAxe

• Like 15

Also, a huge shoutout to Frank Bry aka The Recordist. As you might know I'm a student and a bit short on money, but he gave me a 50% discount on his Suppressed Weapons HD library - This will be the base for most silenced guns. :)

Really happy with how everything's going along at the moment and your feedback makes me both proud and happy.

Thanks'n cheers

LAxe

You should maybe setup a Pateron site (if you dont have restricting obligations that is)? would help a bit to fund investements into making dynasound better. :)

BTW. What is your estimation on the sound scripts hit on performance (echo, flyby, tails etc.)? It´s a while back already (could be fixed by now), but when extracting troops from a base in smoke cover we had huge fps drops each time helos flew in... suspected it was sound related then.

Thanks a _tons_ for the encouraging words, guys! They really helped me to power through the last evenings - Had an output of almost two weapons each day for the past few days and the finish line for the RHS weapon sounds is in sight :D

I also did some protoype sounds for the Xiang VTOL and am more than pleased so far, I'll spend some time in expanding the flyby script to fast movers this evening. Expect some frightening flyby wooshs!

Thanks'n cheers

LAxe

Whats this, flyby script! I've been trying to get something like that working for my aircraft sound mods but you seem to have a working version :P I need it haha 

Also, since you seem to have the Xiang working, you wouldn't know where I can find the correct

class Plane;
class Plane_Base_F: Plane{};
class Plane_CAS_01_base_F: Plane_Base_F

For the V44 Blackfish would you? Only thing I need for my sound config. 

You should maybe setup a Pateron site (if you dont have restricting obligations that is)? would help a bit to fund investements into making dynasound better. :)

BTW. What is your estimation on the sound scripts hit on performance (echo, flyby, tails etc.)? It´s a while back already (could be fixed by now), but when extracting troops from a base in smoke cover we had huge fps drops each time helos flew in... suspected it was sound related then.

Naaah, I've already set up a PayPal donation thingy and people can send over whatever they want whenever they want, if they want. Patreon is more suitable for people like video makers in my opinion, since they continuuously deliver new content.

As for performance: I can absolutely assure you that the flyby scripts don't cause any FPS drops. Well, 0.001fps maybe :P

Whats this, flyby script! I've been trying to get something like that working for my aircraft sound mods but you seem to have a working version :P I need it haha 

Also, since you seem to have the Xiang working, you wouldn't know where I can find the correct

class Plane;
class Plane_Base_F: Plane{};
class Plane_CAS_01_base_F: Plane_Base_F

For the V44 Blackfish would you? Only thing I need for my sound config. 

Yo dude!

this should do the trick:

class VTOL_Base_F;
class VTOL_01_Base_f {
} 
(Blackfish)

class VTOL_02_Base_f {
} 
(Xiang)

Will check it out later again. :)

• Like 3

Naaah, I've already set up a PayPal donation thingy and people can send over whatever they want whenever they want, if they want. Patreon is more suitable for people like video makers in my opinion, since they continuuously deliver new content.

As for performance: I can absolutely assure you that the flyby scripts don't cause any FPS drops. Well, 0.001fps maybe :P

Yo dude!

this should do the trick:

class VTOL_Base_F;
class VTOL_01_Base_f {
} 
(Blackfish)

class VTOL_02_Base_f {
} 
(Xiang)

Will check it out later again. :)

Ok, so I've got some problems.. I also don't feel like this is the right place to ask, anyway. 

http://imgur.com/a/deCAI

When I chuck this..

class VTOL_Base_F;
class VTOL_01_Base_f {} 

Into a config it doesn't work, like the one above which is my AH64 config. Works perfectly fine when I input the following,

class Helicopter ;
class Helicopter_Base_F : Helicopter{};
class Helicopter_Base_H : Helicopter_Base_F{};
class Heli_Attack_01_base_F: Helicopter_Base_F

But VTOL classes it doesn't :( 

Ok, so I've got some problems.. I also don't feel like this is the right place to ask, anyway. 

When I chuck this..

class VTOL_Base_F;
class VTOL_01_Base_f {} 

Into a config it doesn't work, like the one above which is my AH64 config. Works perfectly fine when I input the following,

class Helicopter ;
class Helicopter_Base_F : Helicopter{};
class Helicopter_Base_H : Helicopter_Base_F{};
class Heli_Attack_01_base_F: Helicopter_Base_F

But VTOL classes it doesn't :(

Uhm, well, you're using too many brackets

class VTOL_Base_F;
class VTOL_01_Base_f {} <- delete these ones
{

Naaah, I've already set up a PayPal donation thingy and people can send over whatever they want whenever they want, if they want....

Thx for the info... sent you a small donation. Maybe have that link more visible somewhere? :)

Uhm, well, you're using too many brackets

class VTOL_Base_F;
class VTOL_01_Base_f {} <- delete these ones
{

EDIT: Managed to get it showing up in game, only took me 6 hours to get the correct class name haha :P

Cheers for the help anyway. 

megagoth is currently explaining the whole soundController stuff for vehicle sounds to me ... god, I'm so hyped, wish you could hear that :D Oh wait, you can soon...

• Like 9

megagoth is currently explaining the whole soundController stuff for vehicle sounds to me ... god, I'm so hyped, wish you could hear that :D Oh wait, you can soon...

How soon though! I can't wait any longer 

WIP :)

• Like 9

Those WIP Xiang sounds are simply awesome. Rotors, Throttle, RPM, Stress sounds on the hull...Very, very nice.

Just wondering, though : at the end of the video, the aircraft approach and fly-by volumes seem always quite low with aircrafts, and it seems that vanilla sounds, as well as other mods out there, are very shy with those volumes. Is it intended to keep reasonable volume or Db levels, or are you facing some restrictions about that?

Do you plan some "jet wash" effects as the aircrafts pass just above your head, just to give the idea, those sort of sounds?

https://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/54224900/jet-fly.html

Keep up the good work, can't wait to hear the next version :)

Those WIP Xiang sounds are simply awesome. Rotors, Throttle, RPM, Stress sounds on the hull...Very, very nice.

Just wondering, though : at the end of the video, the aircraft approach and fly-by volumes seem always quite low with aircrafts, and it seems that vanilla sounds, as well as other mods out there, are very shy with those volumes. Is it intended to keep reasonable volume or Db levels, or are you facing some restrictions about that?

Do you plan some "jet wash" effects as the aircrafts pass just above your head, just to give the idea, those sort of sounds?

https://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/54224900/jet-fly.html

Keep up the good work, can't wait to hear the next version :)

Thanks'n cheers

LAxe

>>>>>>

yay :D cant wait for teh 2.0 :D thanks again for that great job laxeman ;)

I won't be there for a few days but thought I'd leave this here :D

• Like 10

Awesome sounds Laxmann.

Can I put in a request for Dynasound can you please include updated ambient sounds. That IMO is the biggest area needed for improvement.

Proper running sounds through gravel, grass and water. Actual uniform movement sounds when the player is running. Some improved rain and thunderstorm sounds would be amazing.

Thanks to my dudebro megagoth who helped me getting into vehicle sound configs, I gave it a quick shot:

These litereally are my first ArmA car sounds + configs ever and I didn't tweak either of them, but I think it's not too shabby for a first try :)

What do you think? Be aware though that I won't focus on vehicles for now.

• Like 4