laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Wow those sounds are pretty outstanding. Tell me do you have any plans for the ambient sounds like rain, storm, running, driving, moving through grass and over gravel?

Wow those sounds are pretty outstanding. Tell me do you have any plans for the ambient sounds like rain, storm, running, driving, moving through grass and over gravel?

I would love to see Lax's take on bullet impacts. like when a round hits a car or metal fence or something.I love that in JSRS.

• Like 1

I would love to see Lax's take on bullet impacts. like when a round hits a car or metal fence or something.I love that in JSRS.

Maybe ambient sounds but no bullet impacts. They sound reaaaaaaally boring in real life and the hate they'd get wouldn't be worth the effort for now :D. I have libraries of bullet impacts (veeeery good recordings) and all you hear is a short "umpf".

• Like 3

Maybe ambient sounds but no bullet impacts. They sound reaaaaaaally boring in real life and the hate they'd get wouldn't be worth the effort for now :D. I have libraries of bullet impacts (veeeery good recordings) and all you hear is a short "umpf".

Fair enough mate.  You know best :) So was I right with this post I wrote above "So...as far as I understand, you should wait. He made a version that works with 1.56,but has not released it yet due to an engine bug,but it will be coming very soon. I think thats right anyway..." 

I wasn;t really clear about your release plan.

Yup, that's right. Everything works, just waiting for an engine bug to be resolved :P

• Like 2

You and LJ make it look so simple to make weapons sound like something you want to use, that I just can't get my head around why BIS keeps doing it the wrong way. Right now vanilla rifles sound completely uninteresting to use in vanilla. Yeah, they got the engine right now, but they just don't seem to grasp the concept you and LJ got so well. Damn... those are really nice sounds Lax (again). Of course you have all your right to hold off the release, but for us to wait until 1.58 is just so bad... Now that BIS started this thing like a new patch is more like a new game release, and the dev branch is more like the real patches, who knows how much time we'll have to wait. Oh well, cheers mate  :) .

• Like 1

I haven't tried the current version of DS with 1.56. I know you said the sound had been messed up-how bad is it?Is there a point in people  trying it while we wait for the next version?

I haven't tried the current version of DS with 1.56. I know you said the sound had been messed up-how bad is it?Is there a point in people  trying it while we wait for the next version?

AFAIK, the current released DynaSound doesn't work in 1.56 at all, the vanilla sounds will override the DynaSound ones

AFAIK, the current released DynaSound doesn't work in 1.56 at all, the vanilla sounds will override the DynaSound ones

Ah-fair enough,thanks Lax :)

• Like 1

That would be so freaking sick. The ambient sounds in vanilla from my perspective have always felt half finished especially after you have used JSRS. Getting your take on running on gravel, running through water, hearing a storm approaching, cars skidding about on the road, running through grass and rolling around in bushes has always been just as important if not more so than the actual gun sounds. I've always enjoyed the sounds inside a Hunter and Humvee from JSRS hearing the suspension creak and things roll around inside the cabin knocking against the metal sides of the vehicle.

But of course I imagine you'd have your own take on it all.

• Like 1

You and LJ make it look so simple to make weapons sound like something you want to use, that I just can't get my head around why BIS keeps doing it the wrong way.

Right now vanilla rifles sound completely uninteresting to use in vanilla. Yeah, they got the engine right now, but they just don't seem to grasp the concept you and LJ got so well.

I feel you're selling BIS short regarding their abilities and decisions.

How can one code features for an engine without grasping it's concept? It's contradictory.

Vanilla sounds as it sounds because it's a matter of preference not a matter of skill.

really? well then BIS has done a sterling job with their update.

Weirdly enough, I'd much prefer "boring" real bullet impacts. The strange scrapes, scroops, wooshes and fluttering weirdness that is bullets hitting the ground in vanilla is a little strange. Though it's one of those things that really doesn't bother me as much as the actual gunshot/explosion sounds so fair game if you decide to stay away from the added workload.

Can't wait to get a 1.56 compatible version, appreciate the work as always!

One of my design concepts for DynaSound has always been that similiar calibres sound almost indistinguishable at a distance. This made getting the "mechanical parts" of the weapons right even more important.

I'd love to work more on DynaSound at the moment, but I'm stuck with the exam phase right now. And then my first priority will be RHS :D

Here's some new stuff I quickly put together:

• Like 7

I'd love to work more on DynaSound at the moment, but I'm stuck with the exam phase right now. And then my first priority will be RHS :D

Not sure I'm making sense of this statement correctly or not but...sounds like you're saying that your mod is no longer working in Arma 1.56 and that you will not be updating it for quite some time...until after exams and some other work priorities with RHS?

Laxi, so Dyna will be compatible with RHS?

Laxi, so Dyna will be compatible with RHS?

That's the plan. There is already an Eden-ready Dynasound but a sound bug that's waiting to be fixed by BI is holding back the release. So timeframe looks like this: Sound bug fixed by BI > Dynasound Eden release > Dynasound RHS release >>> late 2016 >>>> Super Dynasound V2 release. 

• Like 2

Good news:

It seems as if the sound issue was fixed in yesterday's dev - I only checked it real quick and in low volume, but couldn't hear the issue anymore.

So, the "legacy" version of DynaSound will be released with the next A3 stable update and I can begin to work on DynaSound "2.0" and RHS (which is my priority atm)

• Like 8

So just to confirm Lax

this legacy version of Dynasound is the same one featured in the video you posted a couple of days ago.

Dynasound 2.0 is a totally unstarted project.

RHS is the sounds for RHS mod.

Since you make the sounds for RHS this isn't a RHS Sound pack for Dynasound like LJ made for JSRS is it? The "legacy" version isn't the version of dynasound we were using pre 1.56 it is in fact a new version making use of the new sound system?

Good news:

It seems as if the sound issue was fixed in yesterday's dev - I only checked it real quick and in low volume, but couldn't hear the issue anymore.

So, the "legacy" version of DynaSound will be released with the next A3 stable update and I can begin to work on DynaSound "2.0" and RHS (which is my priority atm)

Great news Lax! Quick question-does your standalone "Sonic Cracks" addon still work 1.56?

Good news:

Which is in a "few" hours: https://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/705341321465229312(4 hours ago!)

Should have turned Arma off for a while. Looks like the rolled the fix! ^^

The sonic cracks standalone addon doesn't work in 1.56, nope!

To clear things up:

The next release will be the "legacy" version which is nothing but the "old" DynaSound ported so that it works with the new engine. Oh, and there will be a huge performance boost thanks to the new engine features as well as the grat help of Jokoho48!

I will then focus on the sounds for RHS (The actual RHS sounds), which will be completely new and make use of the new features for the most part.

After RHS is ready, I will then start with a completely new version of DynaSound, let's call it DynaSound 2.0 for now, which will get all-new sounds and make use of the new features, too,

Edit: oh, a new fix today? I'll check if it fixed the issue when I get home from work - and if it did, prepare for the ported version :D

• Like 7

Any news if your new version will fix the explosive sounds coming from RHS Smaw spotting rounds when using Dynasound?

Cheers

Any news if your new version will fix the explosive sounds coming from RHS Smaw spotting rounds when using Dynasound?

Cheers

ACE+RHS fault.