laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Just if it helps: It worked for me only across multiple Sets. For example: With explosions I also had Debris and Tails to be stereo. Now it works and I have no difference in the sample as to the sound ingame anymore.

LJ

I tested a bit more and you might be right, the problem still occured under some circumstances but... ah well, technical stuff. What's important is that the engine currently can't handle stereo + mono sounds in one soundset and this is to be considered a bug. AFAIK this is planned to be fixed soon , so let's be patient :D

• Like 1

This issue is fkng annoying. It's some very low level stuff going on there and . It has nothing to do with 3Dprocessors because even if you use sound3DProcessor = none; (which makes the game handle the audio like in the old engine, mono downmix etc) the thing breaks. It's the mixing of the soundSet that is breaking stuff. Audio guys at Bohemia also don't know what's going on, we are going to look into it further on monday.

Jesus, screw this. I'm off to bed.

A little heads up:

I already wrote that I want future DynaSound iterations to make use of all the new features. I brainstormed through the possibilities and decided that I'll have to redo pretty much everything.

So, the last three days I spent my free time on creating prototypes for the MX and Katiba. This got me really pumped. It was always very important to me that all weapons in DynaSound sound "congruent" with the others,

so I had to follow specific design concepts which restricted me in the use of new samples. Now I can finally use all the new stuff I have at hand and I'm really satisfied with the results!

Due to the update, the workload increased a ton. The previous DynaSound had two fixed sounds (no tail system was used) for each distance step.

The distance steps were

FP (first person), 0m, 20m, 50m, 150m, 250m, 550m, 1000m and 1800m, meaning 9 distance steps with two variations = 18 sounds for one weapon.

I now want to make use of all new features, so a single shot divides into way more sounds. This is due to the fact that the closure/mechanic sounds, the weapon discharge sounds as well as the tails are all separated from eachother and chosen dynamically.

So, here's the new maths:

3 Closure sound variations

3 Discharge sounds for each of the 6  distance steps (0m, 50m, 150m, 550m, 1000m, 1800m), = 18

3 Reverb tail Variations for each of the 4 surrounding types (meadows, houses, forest, interioir, trees uses the meadows soundset), times 4 distance steps makes 48 sounds for the reverb tails alone

So, one weapon adds up to somewhwat around 69 sounds with the reverb tails consuming the most work.

I'll therefore use the same reverb tail soundset for each weapon type (which mean somewhat like one reverb soundset for pistols/smgs, rifles, mgs, hmgs/sniper rifles, autocannons, tank cannons).

A very amazing thing is the dynamic blending between the distance steps - sounds so good!

The plan is to release the "old" DynaSound for those legacy lovers once the mentioned audio bug was fixed and concentrate on the completely new version for now. I don't think the new one will be releasable anything before q4 this year, though.

Cheers

LAxe

• Like 7

The plan is to release the "old" DynaSound for those legacy lovers once the mentioned audio bug was fixed and concentrate on the completely new version for now. I don't think the new one will be releasable anything before q4 this year, though.

Cheers

LAxe

I understand your sarcasm, but before April 1, one and a half months.YOU  joke a success.

I understand your sarcasm, but before April 1, one and a half months.YOU  joke a success.

Excuse me?

• Like 1

Yeah, that makes no sense whatsoever..

Looking forward to that though Lax! Sounds like a great plan. Weird to have a legacy mod that's barely 4 months old but I can definitely deal with that if you pull off even half of what you say you're going to in that post! 

• Like 1

So the "legacy" version will be the DynaSound we know and love,tweaked to work in the current version of A3? And that will be out soon while you focus on the new version for later this year?Is that right?

So the "legacy" version will be the DynaSound we know and love,tweaked to work in the current version of A3? And that will be out soon while you focus on the new version for later this year?Is that right?

Yup, I was sick when the new sound config hit dev branch for the first time and ported DynaSound within three days, so it's done already. A bug in the new sound config prevents me from releasing the "eden version" since it makes the mod (and vanilla) sounds sound bad.

So, everything works, I just don't want to release it till the bug is fixed, otherwise people would think the weird weapon sounds are part of the mod and not caused by a bug :P

• Like 2

Big thx for your hard work guys, just release it when its done dont worry man.

New mod v1.11 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey laxemann , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Is it possible that with the new engine audio enhancements this mod might go script-free (or, failing that, merely CBA-free)?

New mod v1.11 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey laxemann , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

So wait-is this the legacy version? I thought you were waiting for an engine bug to be fixed before releasing? or did I misunderstand?I'm confused...

So wait-is this the legacy version? I thought you were waiting for an engine bug to be fixed before releasing? or did I misunderstand?I'm confused...

Nope, it isn't. The WithSix guys just lagged... a "bit"... behind with this one it seems :D

• Like 1

Yup, I was sick when the new sound config hit dev branch for the first time and ported DynaSound within three days, so it's done already. A bug in the new sound config prevents me from releasing the "eden version" since it makes the mod (and vanilla) sounds sound bad.

So, everything works, I just don't want to release it till the bug is fixed, otherwise people would think the weird weapon sounds are part of the mod and not caused by a bug :P

thatll be awesome. digging this sound pack a ton. some epic big sounds that really bring a battle to life.

The posting was just a bit late, sorry for the delay :P

Please add the date of the real update (not the PWS update) so that we can identify wether it's really new or a delay on the PWS side.

Thx.

I'm impressed with your dedication to perfection, both with the "old" sound-system and the new.

For me, DynaSound "Eden" should be plenty to enjoy untill your next release, so thank you for fixing that.

ln the mean time, we will follow your progress on the new system, watching it all unfold.

Please don't hesitate to give us a quick peek once a while of what's in store :)

Good luck with your project and have fun while making it happen.

A little heads up:

I already wrote that I want future DynaSound iterations to make use of all the new features. I brainstormed through the possibilities and decided that I'll have to redo pretty much everything.

So, the last three days I spent my free time on creating prototypes for the MX and Katiba. This got me really pumped. It was always very important to me that all weapons in DynaSound sound "congruent" with the others,

so I had to follow specific design concepts which restricted me in the use of new samples. Now I can finally use all the new stuff I have at hand and I'm really satisfied with the results!

Due to the update, the workload increased a ton. The previous DynaSound had two fixed sounds (no tail system was used) for each distance step.

The distance steps were

FP (first person), 0m, 20m, 50m, 150m, 250m, 550m, 1000m and 1800m, meaning 9 distance steps with two variations = 18 sounds for one weapon.

I now want to make use of all new features, so a single shot divides into way more sounds. This is due to the fact that the closure/mechanic sounds, the weapon discharge sounds as well as the tails are all separated from eachother and chosen dynamically.

So, here's the new maths:

3 Closure sound variations

3 Discharge sounds for each of the 6  distance steps (0m, 50m, 150m, 550m, 1000m, 1800m), = 18

3 Reverb tail Variations for each of the 4 surrounding types (meadows, houses, forest, interioir, trees uses the meadows soundset), times 4 distance steps makes 48 sounds for the reverb tails alone

So, one weapon adds up to somewhwat around 69 sounds with the reverb tails consuming the most work.

I'll therefore use the same reverb tail soundset for each weapon type (which mean somewhat like one reverb soundset for pistols/smgs, rifles, mgs, hmgs/sniper rifles, autocannons, tank cannons).

A very amazing thing is the dynamic blending between the distance steps - sounds so good!

Cheers

LAxe

Thanks for all your hard work and effort!

-GrooveDJ

Hi Laxemann,

I've tried all the sound mods I could find and yours, in my humble opinion is the best. I've been using it since it's release. I am confused however reading the last few posts, do you consider the 1.11 version of Dynasound ok to use with the 1.56 release of ARMA 3? Or should I just be waiting for you next release?

Dave

Hi Laxemann,

I've tried all the sound mods I could find and yours, in my humble opinion is the best. I've been using it since it's release. I am confused however reading the last few posts, do you consider the 1.11 version of Dynasound ok to use with the 1.56 release of ARMA 3? Or should I just be waiting for you next release?

Dave

So...as far as I understand, you should wait. He made a version that works with 1.56,but has not released it yet due to an engine bug,but it will be coming very soon. I think thats right anyway... ;)

So, to get an idea of what I'm going for, here are the MX and Katiba protoypes. Please note that the sounds are affected by the aforementioned bug which causes them to sound as if they are low-bit-rate samples (bad quality) at times, especially noticable in the tails.

The video shows the MX and Katiba in both open and urban areas. You can then hear the smooth blending of the different distance sounds when an MX is shooting. :)

I still have to tweak stuff like volume and filter curves, so don't worry about that haha

• Like 21

oh damn man! I have never heard the Katiba sound so good! I may actually use that thing for once if it sounds like that :)