laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Ok thanks! Which do you run?

I use  Dynasound-that covers weapons,helicopters,explosions/grenades,sonic cracks and heli weapons.Then I run DragonFyreLite with all the weapon and aircraft .pbo files removed-that covers environment sounds like footsteps,raindrops on car windows and it covers vehicle sounds like cars,tanks etc. Plus about 50 other mods :D I dont use enhanced soundscape as all the mods I have hit my performance enough already-I have to cut my view distance in half compared to vanilla to keep 60fps.

I just wanted to stop by and say that last night we played a 19 player combined arms coop that involved tank firing and choppers buzzing in the distance. Dynasound added so much to feeling, thanks Laxmann! I think this mission is a great showcase for Dynasound, I recommend everybody to check it out: [FHQ] Plant Your Fields [COOP 19]

Hey folks,

I really love bringing new (sound) stuff to the game. Have some ideas but often times I decide not to realize them since their subtle nature wouldn't justify the possible performance impact.

Soooo if you have anything you'd like to see/hear in the game (sound wise), feel free to post your ideas. Maybe I stumble upon something that makes me go "Oh, that's totally cool and possible".

Also, now that I have all weapons in DynaSound covered, I'll devote my sound-time a a bit more to Enhanced Soundscape. I don't know how, but I want to further enhance it's features and make it more performant.

Funny side note:

The first DynaSound code ever was written on the English preparation paper of my high school finals. Instead of using the 30 minutes to prepare myself for the oral exam, I wrote down the stuff that came to my mind. I had to hand the paper in, though. No questions asked until today hahaha

Edit:

@Variable, glad you're enjoying it! :)

Edit nr2:

Thanks to killzonekid, distant explosion sounds will most likely work in mp with the next update :)

• Like 7

My suggestion are posted above (Only missing sound is vehicle explode - still vanilla. Also sound of getting hit i first person in vehicles are not present.) + eventually some sound effect of being hit on foot. Parachute wind isnt possible afaik, but i would love to her thunders on storm louder.

• Like 1

Hey folks,

I really love bringing new (sound) stuff to the game. Have some ideas but often times I decide not to realize them since their subtle nature wouldn't justify the possible performance impact.

Yep, keep it lean! A light and functioning mod that fixes the biggest issues with the Vanilla sounds, is far better that a "DO-IT-ALL" fps crushing juggernaut... :)

The NATO rifle sounds are now a dream! Thank you! ... :)

Yes thunder is the most lame thing in the Arma 3 sounds. That would be a good start. I guess increasing the distant volume isn't enough for those sounds? Thoug there are different kinds of sounds like close and distant but they're maybe used in all the distances.

Wind sound could be improved. If you can hear better how strong and gusty the wind is that would be awesome. You can't really hear the wind hit/pass your ears and that way feel the environment. That would need some extra audio samples.

• Like 2

Soooo if you have anything you'd like to see/hear in the game (sound wise), feel free to post your ideas. Maybe I stumble upon something that makes me go "Oh, that's totally cool and possible".

Do you think it would be possible to achieve realistic sonic boom sound effect? Perhaps jets could get some more love in general?

What do you think about adding "tires on asphalt" sound to cars? It would be pretty cool to hear the noise tires make from far away.

• Like 1

What do you think about the sound of the wind turbines, they are meny in Altis and they make no sound; lack of immersion in this regard.

• Like 3

I would like to hear improved bullet impact sounds.In DragonFyreLite if you are hiding behind a car and being shot it,the bullets hitting the car make a really loud whump! sound. It's very scary :D

• Like 2

Hi Laxeman,

I would like too

-a big variety of bullet impact sounds (like the first ghost recon!)

-custom vehicle explosion sounds

-custom environment sounds (nature, wind, thunder)

And again: your soundmod is great! Only a micro concern: the first person shot sounds have less hard-punch as the third person shot sounds.

• Like 1

Hi Laxemann, firstly HOTFIX PLS (I need dynasound back in my life)

Secondly,. what do I want to see?

A different way of doing gunshot sounds. Currently the gunshot has a lot of treble AND bass, this is ok but think about where these sounds are coming from. You have that PAMP of the gun itself, and that high treble of the bullet crack echoing off your surroundings. But here's the thing, if you stand behind someone shooting away from you in Arma, you don't hear that bullet crack. Even if the bullet cracks are 200m away from you it sounds like a quiet crack with audio attenuation (way better than vanilla) but you don't hear the echo of it off the surroundings. This makes a big difference in the sound of shooting, moreso than the gunshot itself's echo, the bullet crack is what makes that crackling rolling echo if you shoot near mountains, with quiet pops coming back from the gunshot itself (the pop echo is already in L_ES).

The echo of a bullet and it's 3D direction can re-affirm the location and direction of a gunshot, especially when all you hear is the bullet not the shot itself, but it can also obscure depending on environmental surroundings. This would require some complicated coding as, unlike the gunshot code, this would have to check all directions as the bullet flies along its path.

Because that's not really doable it would be nice if it did a simple surroundings check based on terrain type (city, forest, field etc) just like L_ES had, as well as a proximity object check that could be done at a low(ish) frequency (which would be used to alter the volume in various directions... oh and then interpolated one tick behind to ensure smooth movement of echo position.

Bit of a stretch but it's the main shooting sound missing in Arma..

Too conplicated for arma I think..Imagine a battle where it is computing thousands of rounds .... you'll be down to single digit frames!

As it stands Dynasound is great !

Too conplicated for arma I think..Imagine a battle where it is computing thousands of rounds .... you'll be down to single digit frames!

As it stands Dynasound is great !

Yeah-that might be a bit much for A3 :D Maybe wait for A4...or A12 lol :D

A very simple neat little sound idea : a "DING" each time you hit the yellow practice target as in real life (shootsteel).

First: Thanks to your suggestions guys!

Second: I'm so freakin' excited right now, thanks to killzone kid the rocket engine travel and flyby sounds as well as distant explosion sounds work 100% confirmed in multiplayer.

Hellyeah, update most likely incoming within the next 24 hours :) :)

• Like 13

Second: I'm so freakin' excited right now, thanks to killzone kid the rocket engine travel and flyby sounds as well as distant explosion sounds work 100% confirmed in multiplayer.

well I have used up all my "likes" for today...But I like this ;)

• Like 1

Thanks, and please fix RGN and RGO RHS effect with Dynasound

UPDATE

DOWNLOAD (1.10)

No more multiplayer issues, first post updated accordingly :)

Changelog

• Changed: DS_m_SonicCracks now is DS_m_Bullets (remove DS_m_SonicCracks!)
• Changed: Adaption of the CBA Macro and XEH system
• Changed: More scripts now run unscheduled
• Changed: New Katiba sounds
• Added: MAR-10
• Added: Cyrus
• Added: MK14
• Added: EMR
• Added: New explosion sounds for ground vehicles
• Added: New subsonic bullet flyby sounds
• Fixed: Flyby script now takes player speed into consideration
• Fixed: Flyby script won't show an error if the aircraft has no flyby sound defined
• Tweaked: Inroom sounds should be more audible
• Tweaked: Some inconsistencies in the volume of silenced weapons

Quite a bit, heh?

Enjoy!

• Like 12

Added: New explosion sounds for ground vehicles

Glorious. Thanks!

What can i give sound guy with thanks? Music will be good? I've got some about you man :

Thanks for the update!

Just to make sure, the change log says new sounds for all helicopters but according to the pbo names it doesn't seem like any of the AAF choppers are updated. Is that correct?

It doesnt bother me personally, I'm just trying to do a JSRS/DynaSound combo so just making sure what pbo's to keep from JSRS :)