laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Well, I guess I can put some words for a fellow modder 10 days after his last post and 15 days after nexus update, without some guy telling me what I should do.

I myself edit and mod, so I don't feel concerned by your policing and own rules enforcing.

• Like 2

dude can you read ?

he clearly announced that he is very busy at the moment with real life

• Like 1

dude can you read ?

he clearly announced that he is very busy at the moment with real life

Thats right-he apologised and said he was away for at least a week.We are all hoping he will be back soon-only had this mod for a couple of weeks before the update broke it.But be patient-he will be back :)

Aaallrighty, a quick update of whats happening next and why you can barely hear weapons in first person at the moment.

DynaSound used to use scripted sounds for everything that wasn't first person. Meaning, even if you went into third person, a "0m" sound was played instead of the regular first person sound.

In order to achieve this, I had to set the max. audible distance for handheld weapons to 1m or so. Until the last update, you'd always hear the actual first person sound in full volume, even though your were in third person.

This changed though, meaning the audible distance now has an actual volume impact. And 1m means it's really f*cking quiet, haha!

The problem is: There is _always_ a small delay between shooting the rifle and when a scripted sound is played. Even if you add an fired eventhandler that just says "player say3d sound".

This means: Until BI fully update the sound stuff, you will have to live with "doubled" sounds when you're close to the weapon that was fired, because I have to increase the max. audible distance of the first person sounds.

Don't worry, you won't really notice it when you're not paying close attention.

Good news: The upcoming sound engine stuff is aweaome and the next update includes not only completely new helicopter sounds, but also a trailer I did after a party - slightly drunk and tired.

Cheers!

• Like 10

Good news ! Thanks.

Can you tell us more about "how awesome" it is ? (new engine) ?

Aaallrighty, a quick update of whats happening next and why you can barely hear weapons in first person at the moment.

DynaSound used to use scripted sounds for everything that wasn't first person. Meaning, even if you went into third person, a "0m" sound was played instead of the regular first person sound.

In order to achieve this, I had to set the max. audible distance for handheld weapons to 1m or so. Until the last update, you'd always hear the actual first person sound in full volume, even though your were in third person.

This changed though, meaning the audible distance now has an actual volume impact. And 1m means it's really f*cking quiet, haha!

The problem is: There is _always_ a small delay between shooting the rifle and when a scripted sound is played. Even if you add an fired eventhandler that just says "player say3d sound".

This means: Until BI fully update the sound stuff, you will have to live with "doubled" sounds when you're close to the weapon that was fired, because I have to increase the max. audible distance of the first person sounds.

Don't worry, you won't really notice it when you're not paying close attention.

Good news: The upcoming sound engine stuff is aweaome and the next update includes not only completely new helicopter sounds, but also a trailer I did after a party - slightly drunk and tired.

Cheers!

OK, this is with vanilla weapons. As you are part of RHS you may know answer for my maybe odd question.

I hear weapons louder in first person, louder than in third p. view. This comes to modded content weapons as i assume, but i use only RHS content. My firend who is using VTN mod, saw the same thing. Is this bug or intended behavior? It happen even without any sound-mod.

..I did after a party - slightly drunk and tired...

What happened on this party to return home..tired? :huh:   :P 

/////

Lookin' forward for updates ;)

Looking forward to your drunken trailer ;) (and being able to use the best sound mod in town again ) thanks mate.

Hey laxemann, many thanks for the news update. I can´t play this game with default sounds so I have to wait :)

Looks like Laxemann might be working on a sober version of the trailer? ;P

• Like 3

Hey laxemann, many thanks for the news update. I can´t play this game with default sounds so I have to wait :)

What I have been doing while we wait is using LAxeman's Sonic cracks with DragonFyre but I have removed the DragonFyre weapon .pbo's as the were affected as wel.. So I kept the explosions,vehicles etc. :)

My friend is wandering is there a work around at the moment to just play 3rd person sounds in 1st persons sound in the code? Thanks for responding, good job so far!

-He thinks 1st person sounds are to quiet

Sorry but this is unplayable in 1st person.... own weapon sound volume is lower than own footsteps.... when switching to 3rd person view it gets much louder. (tested among others in showcase>infantry) 

This is with Arma 1.54 and CBA 2.2

Such a good mod for a mere 300mb

amazing mix, thanks a lot!

slow is smooth and smooth is fast.take all the time you need, excited what you cook up with the new tools!

Sorry but this is unplayable in 1st person.... own weapon sound volume is lower than own footsteps.... when switching to 3rd person view it gets much louder. (tested among others in showcase>infantry) 

It was broken with the last update, wait for Lax to update and it'll be fine again :)

Yes...did you not read the last two pages of posts? This was affected by 1.54 and it's creator has said he was busy for a week or two with real life commitments,but is now working on a fix.maybe check the posts..

Laxemann i'm not in coding and stuff but i was testing the issue of quiet shots from own weapon in 1st person with allinarmaterrainpack and vanilla weapons we're quiet as hell (patiently waiting to be fixed) and then i tested RHS weapons and it was amazing. I don't know why but RHS weapons we're normal (i mean not extraordinarily quiet). So maybe you'll check files from RHS and you'll be able to fix that problem? P.S. I love this mod! Keep up the excellent work! ;)

Laxemann i'm not in coding and stuff but i was testing the issue of quiet shots from own weapon in 1st person with allinarmaterrainpack and vanilla weapons we're quiet as hell (patiently waiting to be fixed) and then i tested RHS weapons and it was amazing. I don't know why but RHS weapons we're normal (i mean not extraordinarily quiet). So maybe you'll check files from RHS and you'll be able to fix that problem? P.S. I love this mod! Keep up the excellent work! ;)

This has been answered-i believe it is because,when using DynaSound,every sound played uses a script-for distance etc. Even when it is your own weapon a script plays that say "distance 0 metres" or something.Whereas with other weapon sounds (such as RHS ) it is simply a sound file-no scripting. I think that is right-I could be completely wrong ;) But regardless-LAxeman is aware of the issue and will be addressing them-he has real life commitments at the moment

• Like 1

And when i was 1st person shooting issues i noticed another tiny little issue or actually it isn't a issue.

Sooo, when you're shooting MX or Catiba they shoot caseless rounds but for some reason when you shoot 'clinc' sound happens, you'll see everything in the video :D

So instead of reading this forum you decided to make a video? We all know of the problems. 1.54 update caused it laxemann knows about it and when he gets around to making an update it will be fixed.

• Like 2

And when i was 1st person shooting issues i noticed another tiny little issue or actually it isn't a issue.

Sooo, when you're shooting MX or Catiba they shoot caseless rounds but for some reason when you shoot 'clinc' sound happens, you'll see everything in the video :D

Again...these issues were caused by update 1.54 and are being addressed by LAxeman.