laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

HAHAH! I didnt mean pussy sounds-I just thought they had a bit too much crack and echo. But-it's just personal taste ;) Keep up the great work mate-looking forward to helis! i used MCC today to call in 2 Apaches on a bunch of Taliban vehicles...Oh man the sounds of the 30mm cannon! And then one fired a hellfire and I had to go lie down...

Sometimes I'm getting no gunfire sound from my AI team. I can hear the sound cracks though. Happens with most vanilla weapons, but also Gorgon and Ifrit  MG machine guns. It might be occurring with loaded saved games, not sure. Is anyone else getting that?

Any luck with fixing this issue? Happened to me on Stable, in Altis.

Hey Laxeman, if I want to use DragonFyre and DynaSound together(DragonFyre for the environmental sounds), what pbos do I need to move from the DragonFyre Addon Directory? Oh, and Enhanced Soundscape would still work, right?

Hey Laxeman, if I want to use DragonFyre and DynaSound together(DragonFyre for the environmental sounds), what pbos do I need to move from the DragonFyre Addon Directory? Oh, and Enhanced Soundscape would still work, right?

Do as I did and use a PBO viewer to look at the files inside, and delete as necessary.

I've just deleted all the dfyrelite_w* files along with dfyrelite_p_weaponsounds.pbo and it seems to hold up pretty nice. Not that I've tested _everything_ but haven't ran into anything noticable so far :)

All right, to be safe, here's what I moved to a PBO Backup folder.  All the dfyrelite_w* files, dfyrelite_p_shells, dfyrelite_p_vehicleweaponsounds, dfyrelite_p_weaponsounds, dfyrelite_e_explosions, and dfyrelite_e_sonic_cracks. All the ones I listed are covered by DynaSound. The rest of the Dragonfyre pbo files should be safe to keep since the likelihood of having issues pop up are slim.

• Like 1

Any luck with fixing this issue? Happened to me on Stable, in Altis.

Seems to be a distance issue also. I was fighting against CAF Aggressors Taliban and I could only hear sonic cracks until I was within about 10 metres. I know-they are modded units etc.I am not expecting it to run perfectly.Just thought this may help if it is an issue. I am on Stable and it was on Altis.Everything is perfect though! 

Hey LAxman, if you add a change to footsteps, i would love to have sounds for when you walk on broken rubble in bombed houses etc. I think JSRS2 had this-not sure about DragonFyre.

Great mod. I love it a lot. I'm no professional, but this seems supreme quality and 10/10.

Hey LAxman, if you add a change to footsteps, i would love to have sounds for when you walk on broken rubble in bombed houses etc. I think JSRS2 had this-not sure about DragonFyre.

To add to this would be nice to have different sounds when moving with military equipment ( weapon in hand ) vs unarmed sounds.
This could be something as simple as ammo and stuff clinging together while moving ( a subtle effect ).

This used to be a feature in ACE 2, but have not seen in A3, yet.

Thanks a lot for the mod. Keep up the development :D

All right, to be safe, here's what I moved to a PBO Backup folder.  All the dfyrelite_w* files, dfyrelite_p_shells, dfyrelite_p_vehicleweaponsounds, dfyrelite_p_weaponsounds, dfyrelite_e_explosions, and dfyrelite_e_sonic_cracks. All the ones I listed are covered by DynaSound. The rest of the Dragonfyre pbo files should be safe to keep since the likelihood of having issues pop up are slim.

I just did this too.I removed environment pbo as well as I dont like Df's wind sound.works great :)

I just did this too.I removed environment pbo as well as I dont like Df's wind sound.works great :)

I actually like DragonFyre's wind. Call me crazy. Speaking of, I need to do another campaign playthrough.

• Like 1

Is it intentional the first-person firing sounds are ear-drum shatteringly loud when the third person sound, basically right behind your soldier, sound like the guy is a kilometre away. Sounds really jarring. 

• Like 1

I actually like DragonFyre's wind. Call me crazy. Speaking of, I need to do another campaign playthrough.

Your crazy! Hehehe-each to their own. I just find it a bit distracting.

Is it intentional the first-person firing sounds are ear-drum shatteringly loud when the third person sound, basically right behind your soldier, sound like the guy is a kilometre away. Sounds really jarring. 

Are you on the release candidate or stable?

Are you on the release candidate or stable?

I had smillar issue on stable.... In first person gun shound was ok, in third person they was not present

• Like 1

I had smillar issue on stable.... In first person gun shound was ok, in third person they was not present

Strange that this only affect some people when we are all on stable.I dont have this issue(i'm running with Ace,RHS,Massis,ASR_AI and about 30 others :).Everything is perfect for me-still cant hear the indoor echo effect though.

still cant hear the indoor echo effect though.

Seems to only work when inside some buildings, not very pronounced either but there. I'm suffering from 3rd person low-volume sounds on stable as well.

Seems to only work when inside some buildings, not very pronounced either but there. I'm suffering from 3rd person low-volume sounds on stable as well.

Yes, but it happen only with vanilla weapons. Try to use RHS mod, and you will see it working perfectly.

An explanation regarding the quiet(er) 3rd person sounds:

You only really hear the actual weapon sound when being in first person, as soon as you switch to third person, a scripted sound is heard, using the say3d command. The thing is that on some maps scripted sounds via say3d

are quieter than usual for some reason, meaning it's either a bug in the command itself or an issue with the maps.

It was hapening on AiA maps, on normal stratis it was little bit quieter, but not so much as on AIA.... So, yeah, maps fault. another year of waiting for the fix (from AIA > CUP developers).... Love the changes.

Most likely an issue with the command itself then, I'm getting the issue on all maps including vanilla.

On an unrelated note, after about a week or two of playing with Dynasound, it's really something different. All of the sounds are nice and crisp, very high quality. The explosions are "big" and it finally fears like you are in the fight. I never use vanilla gear, but with Dynasound that becomes a tough decision to make. Thanks for spending so much time putting this together Lax.

• Like 1

Most likely an issue with the command itself then, I'm getting the issue on all maps including vanilla.

On an unrelated note, after about a week or two of playing with Dynasound, it's really something different. All of the sounds are nice and crisp, very high quality. The explosions are "big" and it finally fears like you are in the fight. I never use vanilla gear, but with Dynasound that becomes a tough decision to make. Thanks for spending so much time putting this together Lax.

I never use vanilla either but some weapons benefit from Dynasound-Massis for instance.Especially his 7.62 weapons-SCAR-H and HK 417 etc

Hey LAxeman-does Dynasound increase the player characters voice volume?It seems very load now..Or do you know how to lower it so I could try and change it?Thanks again mate

Hey LAxeman-does Dynasound increase the player characters voice volume?It seems very load now..Or do you know how to lower it so I could try and change it?Thanks again mate

Go into audio settings no? Should have different volumes for different things, like effects, voice, music etc.