laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Remember when I said I might never do vehicle sounds?

Well, I kinda got into helicopters :D

Edit: Yup, I'll take care of the vanilla rotor-"swish"

• Like 4

boah alter....keep it coming. Dude, could you do me a favour? Speed of Sound Pure has not been updated for a long time (probably abandoned), but there was one particular sound i always felt was extremly satisfying. The deploy/retract langding gear sound of the helicopters. I know its just a small detail...but if you decide to enhace the heli sounds, be sure to add that one or something similar.

As someone who lives near an military base that operates helicopters contently (CH-53 Sea Stallions, but oh well), I can confirm that that sounds pretty much spot on like in real life.

Only Helicopter? 

Right now I don't use this mod and stay with JSRS but when you do vehicles to...man I'll download this mod more than once >.<

(I just can't bear the vanilla vehicle sounds @.@)

boah alter....keep it coming. Dude, could you do me a favour? Speed of Sound Pure has not been updated for a long time (probably abandoned), but there was one particular sound i always felt was extremly satisfying. The deploy/retract langding gear sound of the helicopters. I know its just a small detail...but if you decide to enhace the heli sounds, be sure to add that one or something similar.

Can't you use individual PBO's from SOS without the core PBO?

Edit - Actually I've dePBO'd SOS files and it seems there are no scripts in individual PBOs.

I'm just so glad we can hear choppers from a much longer distance away.  Vanilla is too wimpy.  THIS is great !

Keep it coming mate. 

I'm "sorry" if I influenced you to make the decision with my question :D

Just tested some combined arms in the editor and loving it! One thing I quickly noticed that AH-99 is pretty quiet compared to Kajman. Intended?

this does not change the sound of heli's I think.Isn't it just weapons and explosions? And besides-the AH-99 is meant to be a stealth helicopter,whereas the Kaiman has the double turbine-makes sense it is a lot louder :)

this does not change the sound of heli's I think.Isn't it just weapons and explosions? And besides-the AH-99 is meant to be a stealth helicopter,whereas the Kaiman has the double turbine-makes sense it is a lot louder :)

Yup, the placebo is strong with this one!

I'm making a video comparison between vanilla and this. Will have vehicles towards the end to show minigun/rocket differences but also to highlight that engine/rotary sounds are unchanged.

Grats on realese Lax, I Love it

Known issues
  • Unless you are the shooter of the projectile, you won't hear the scripted explosion sounds of other players and AI in multiplayer due to a bug BI have to fix, The regular, re-done "config-sounds" work and sound fine whatsoever

Just a  quick question too this since im stupid..

Does this mean i will not haer any other explosion online? (making onlinegameplay really hard:P)  or i will just hear  the re-done config thingy instead?

and then its its ok to enjoy this masterpeace online also?

Grats on realese Lax, I Love it

Just a  quick question too this since im stupid..

Does this mean i will not haer any other explosion online? (making onlinegameplay really hard:P)  or i will just hear  the re-done config thingy instead?

and then its its ok to enjoy this masterpeace online also?

You will still hear the regular explosions, no worries, enjoy your online play :)

Noticed bug : There is no sound of flares deployment on air vehicles .

Just tested it, flare sounds work fine for me.

Try it with CBA and DynaSound only.

I know this was alluded to briefly before Lax, but I think I may have found a bug.

I'm having some pretty bad issues with sounds of a certain faction (sometimes it's NATO, sometimes FIA, sometimes CSAT/AAF). I haven't been able to recreate it with absolute consistency yet but it happens even with just vanilla + DynaSound + Enhanced Soundscape, and it's happened without ES once too. Seems to be a lot more common on non-BIS maps, but it's happened on Stratis with a simple AAF squad vs NATO in the editor and no other mods enabled. When I've added other mods like RHS, those sounds always work without fail, as do the vanilla sounds and sounds from other mods (like I said, I've had the issue with as vanilla a game as you can get too though). No idea what is going wrong but love the mod so much I'm finding it really frustrating. Using RHS for the time being as sound-wise it's awesome too. 

It's only weapon sounds (at least, that's all I've noticed). Explosion sounds and sonic cracks seem unaffected. 

Any thoughts on why this might be? Anybody else having this issue at all? 

EDIT: Doing some testing now and I've found at least one mod incompatibility and a map that doesn't seem to work (CAF Aggressors and Hindukush map). Can't recreate the issue vanilla(ish) again yet so there's a chance that pesky Arma launcher has enabled a mod I didn't intend. Will post if I find anything else out. 

Here is a pretty awesome showcase video for both Dynasound and Enhanced Soundscape on the map of Podagorsk during a decent fire fight.

I think it really shows off just how great these sound mods are

• Like 1

It's only weapon sounds (at least, that's all I've noticed). Explosion sounds and sonic cracks seem unaffected.

Any thoughts on why this might be? Anybody else having this issue at all?

Yes, I'm having the exact same issue. Gunfire sounds stops (even MG and auto-cannon of vehicles), explosions and sonic cracks remain unaffected. Happened with no other mods on Altis.

I'm mixing SOS and DS now, great results.. However I had to delete some folders from SOS core PBO, invalidating the bikey but who cares :P

Still dont have flares sounds - CBA + DS only. Maybe its beacuse 1.54 RC of the game?

EDIT:
That was fault of1.54 - now on stable 1.52 flares are back!

Does DynaSound contain Enhanced Soundscape or i should use two of them? 

Does DynaSound contain Enhanced Soundscape or i should use two of them? 

As posted above it does not include Enhanced Soundscape you can use them together or separately it is up to you.

• Like 1

Absolutely brilliant stuff mate, used to use JSRS but i've switched to this now, the ambience and overall effects are amazing.

To anyone who has issues with not hearing any distance sounds at all; From all people I've asked, 100% of them were on Dev branch. Switch to stable, dev branch currently has some unsolved issues due to the imminent changes in the sound engine.

Also:

• Like 3

I have a small bug I need to know if anyone else is experiencing it..

With mos Revive scripts there is a "DRAG" and CARRY" option. 

Upon entering these actions and animations i get NO FootStep Sounds...  IE.. I pick someone up to carry them and after selecting the action my avatar doesn't make any foot step sounds anymore... Same with the drag animation. 

I have had these types of problems with other sound mods, IE certain sounds missing. Can anyone else confirm that DS removes the footsteps from those anims.??

I am using a host of other mods however none of them affect the ingame unit Sounds.