laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Im so glad there is a fantastic soundmod now which won't interfere with RHS. Are other things planned in the future, like vehicle, ambient sounds aso?

PWS seems to sleep again - have to wait for it to try it out -.-

You finally did it man, this brings a tear to my eye. Thank you  :)

Awesome news Laxemann, I can't believe you have managed so much content in 150mb.

Smart people tend to do do smart stuff. ;) Quality > Quantity.

Hey yo shawddyy whaddado maan! :) Good times #1 (Laxx on the left, Mega on the right.)

Best sound mod for vanilla arma 3 with the current sound engine limitations. Period.

• Like 1

Does this include the sonic crack standalone you released a while back, or do I still need that installed?

Wondering that myself. i think it is included. How did you keep the file size so small? JSRS is over 2GB but this is only 150 MB! Thanks for the release mate!

Laxemann, are you planning to incorporate the new sound engine improvements coming in the next update into Dynasound at some stage?

Just did a quick tank battle and had to stop halfway through to get a box of tissues... In a good way.

The sonic cracks are definitely included.

The RAR archive is 150MB, the extracted mod is somewhat around 900 or 850 MB :)

Is DynoSound purely a weapons based project?........are we likely to see it expanded to a total sound modification....

Sounds colossal through my trusty HD650's......

Is DynoSound 

"O" and "A" have quite different position on keyboard to do typo like this haha.

Yes, its purely weapon based project. You can mix it with JSRS if you want enviro sounds different than vanilla.

There is an extreme difference in difference in volume when switching from 1st person to 3rd person. Like from 100% to 20% volume......is this intended?

A good way to hear the difference; Get the mk14 (marksman DLC, unaffected by this mod) and shoot in 3rd person. Then switch to any of the non-dlc weapons e.g. mk18

Other than that, fantastic.

edit: Seems to only affect unsuppressed weapons.

Kind regards,

Sancehz

I'm glad this is weapon based and not a full conversion-while I like JSRS, I could not get used to the constant sound of wind blowing in my ears:)

If I only play with RHS, is there any reason for me to use this mod? I use enhanced and sonic crack with RHS since ever, but do this mod add anything to that mix?

If I only play with RHS, is there any reason for me to use this mod? I use enhanced and sonic crack with RHS since ever, but do this mod add anything to that mix?

New explosion sounds :P

• Like 1

Distant battle sounds like popcorn popping!! But I guess it's an engine limitation thing.

Explosion sounds great though :)

Sometimes I'm getting no gunfire sound from my AI team. I can hear the sound cracks though. Happens with most vanilla weapons, but also Gorgon and Ifrit  MG machine guns. It might be occurring with loaded saved games, not sure. Is anyone else getting that?

Sometimes I'm getting no gunfire sound from my AI team. I can hear the sound cracks though. Happens with most vanilla weapons, but also Gorgon and Ifrit  MG machine guns. It might be occurring with loaded saved games, not sure. Is anyone else getting that?

Are you on dev or stable?

i watched that dynamic range explanation video you linked....interesting stuff. I knew that the human ear tends to judge sound quality depending on its loudness. If you listen to two songs, the louder one often sounds more appealing. So when u go hunting for new speakers, a good salesman increases loudness with each better/pricier set of speakers he demostrates to you. I did not know that record companies flatened the dynamic range to ''scream'' into your ears though.

The new Dragonfyre Lite is said to have no performance impact cause its devoid of any scripts. Should Dynasound have an impact on performance? And could u plz elaborate on its compatability with Dragonfyre Lite? Thx dude. And congratz on your 1.0 release, much appreciated.

i watched that dynamic range explanation video you linked....interesting stuff. I knew that the human ear tends to judge sound quality depending on its loudness. If you listen to two songs, the louder one often sounds more appealing. So when u go hunting for new speakers, a good salesman increases loudness with each better/pricier set of speakers he demostrates to you. I did not new that record companies flatened the dynamic range to ''scream'' into your ears though.

The new Dragonfyre Lite is said to have no performance impact cause its devoid of any scripts. Should Dynasound have an impact on performance? And could u plz elaborate on its compatability with Dragonfyre Lite? Thx dude. And congratz on your 1.0 release, much appreciated.

True that, dude, well thought!

DynaSound definitely has an impact on FPS - as everything that's scripted. However, there pretty much is none in regular firefights and testers didnt complain on larger coop rounds either. I've been told it's the most performant scripted soundmod right now.

As for compatibility: Two mods that change the same thing will never be compatible, but once again, since DynaSound only focuses on weapons and explosions, you could use DynaSound together with another sound mod if you delete the other mod's weapon pbos

Stable.

Hmm, that's weird. I noticed that on some specific maps, scripted sounds are generally incredible quiet, but thought this has been fixed. Did you test it on Stratis/Altis or a mod map?

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey laxemann , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Congrats on the release.

The mod sounds great, amazing job!

ok, thx for the quick responce. I really like the concept of increasing the dynamic range. I've got selfbuild standspeakers, so i can take full advantage of that i guess. Essentially i had to delete all files from Dragonfyre Lite that are common to both mods, i would think, right? Sounds like a lot of hussle and maintainance work considering future updates to both mods. Guess i have to make a joice then :)

By the way, u mentioned i one of your posts here that your enhanced soundscape is completely seperate from dynasound. Does enhanced soundscape add alot in addition to dynasound,especially considering the vanilla game sound inprovements lately?

I don't want to annoy more here about Dragonfyre so...can somebody who got these two mods to work together send me a PM about which pbos I need to delete? That'd be so awesome! >.<

Hmm, that's weird. I noticed that on some specific maps, scripted sounds are generally incredible quiet, but thought this has been fixed. Did you test it on Stratis/Altis or a mod map?

Altis.

Edited by Variable