Mamba Six

MambaSix Dragging Objects [RELEASE]

MambaSix Drag [beta]

I was looking for a slightly more realistic way to drag objects such as fortifications, ammo boxes, and other objects around the battlefield, so I sat down one Saturday afternoon working on a method and this is what it has evolved into. After the copy/paste of a few files, and one simple initialization call, you should be able to drag objects around on the battlefield in a more realistic manner.

MB6_DRAG_IMG_SM.png

Dropbox DL: MB6_Drag_v0.90beta.7z

Current Version: 0.90beta

Usage:

Initialization:
["init"] call MB6_fnc_drag; - Initializes all mission objects.
["initobj",<object>] call MB6_fnc_drag; - Initializes a single object for dragging. This ignores type check in the ignore list.

Framework:
Mission Object: <object> getVariable ["MB6_DRAG_Size"]: "LARGE" or "SMALL" - Determines the size of the object being dragged.
Mission Object: <object> getVariable ["MB6_DRAG_Attached"]: BOOLEAN - True if the object is being dragged, false if not being dragged.
Dragging Unit: <object> getVariable ["MB6_DRAG_Object"]: OBJECT - Object being dragged by the unit, objNull if no object.
MB6\configs\MB6_dragItems.hpp: MB6_ignoreItems - Items that the drag framework will ignore and not be draggable.
MB6\configs\MB6_dragItems.hpp: MB6_bigItmes - Items that will be dragged instead of carried.

Installation Instructions:

1. Copy the MB6 folder directly into your mission folder.
2. Create or open "init.sqf" in the mission root directory.
3. Add the following to the init.sqf:

// Include the MB6_DRAG definitions
#include "MB6\configs\MB6_dragItems.hpp"
["init"] call MB6_fnc_drag;

4. Create or open "description.sqf" in the mission root directory.
5. Add the following to the description.sqf:

// MambaSix Functions definitions
class CfgFunctions{
    #include "MB6\MB6_cfgFunctions.hpp"
};

6. Copy the stringtable.xml file into your mission root directory, or merge them if you already have created one.

Known Issues:

• Offsets for objects are often incorrect, as there is currently no detection for the size of the object.
  • There may be some stances and animations where the player gets stuck. I have tried to compensate for them all, but there is a large variety.
  • May be MP compatible. I have tried to write it with such abilities in mind, but I have conducted no testing. Feeback on MP compatibility welcome.

Features Planned (Hopefully):

• Proper detection of *all* draggables.
  • Better dragging resource display.
  • Integrate an optional object cacheing system
  • Induce some (optional) fatigue when dragging/carrying objects.

Changelog:

Changelog:
v0.90beta
- Script (slightly more) gracefully handles animations for weapons and poses.

v0.84beta
- Actions now display the name of the object being dragged.

v0.83beta
- Fixed: Small objects could not be dragged after dragging large objects.

v0.82beta
- Prevent player from dragging multiple objects.

v0.81beta
- Objects detach when unit is killed.
- Objects are protected from damage when dragging.

v0.8beta:
- Initial revision

Credits:
Cigar0 - Initial concept, which I have since greatly bastardized :P

Looking for feed back on this script. Has anyone used this.

• Offsets for objects are often incorrect, as there is currently no detection for the size of the object.

Have you tried boundingBoxReal?

Have you tried boundingBoxReal?

Yeah, was working on a solution before real life took hold. The biggest issue I've encountered is that boundingBoxReal is not inherently reliable for how I need to use it. A good example, while not specifically related to this script is looking at the vertical properties of a Hunter's bounding box.