Sign in to follow this  
dzrealkiller

Stop players looting and dropping specific items...

Hello, I am working on a cool little mission and I am trying to stop players dropping items such as "ToolKit","MediKit" and also want to stop players looting these items from dead players.. How can I do this?

Any help Is appreciated. 

create a onPlayerKilled.sqf in your mission folder and add the following

player removeItem "Medikit";
player removeItem "Toolkit";

That should work in theory, if you only want to remove those items from player units.

Hmm sounds promising but thinking about it, wouldn't that delete the item? but if the dead player gets revived they wont no longer have their toolkit or medikit :S maybe a way to stop players looting bodies full stop?

Hmm sounds promising but thinking about it, wouldn't that delete the item? but if the dead player gets revived they wont no longer have their toolkit or medikit :S maybe a way to stop players looting bodies full stop?

What revieve system do you use, usually players are not killed when they can be revieve, therefore the onPlayerKilled.sqf won't be executed.

Currently non as I cant find any thing thats lightweight and /or working still working on that part but I am planning ahead :)

I saw that you may have found a solution for this in another thread, but another option is using the "Take" event handler. I made a short video showing this as an example last week in response to a semi-related question.

In your case the following should work, it's admittedly a bit hacky of a way to do since containers get messy on dead units and backpacks.

player addEventHandler ["Take",{
	_unit = _this select 0; 
	_container = _this select 1;
	_item = _this select 2;

if(_item isEqualTo "Medikit" || _item isEqualTo "ToolKit") then {
		_nearObjects = nearestObjects [_container, [], 3];
		_clear = true;
		{
			if(_x isKindOf "Man" && !alive _x) exitWith {
				_clear = false;
			};
		} count _nearObjects;