theopolus

[SP/COOP] Helicopter Training Mission

Battleboys Helicopter Training Mission

DOWNLOAD:
Helicopter Training Mission is available here; 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bar3n1nlt6sckna/BB_JC_RSRC_Helo_Trainer.Kunduz.7z

RATIONALE:

A quick tutorial mission to help you practice your Helicopter Skills. 

Landing at a variety of LZ's and engaging hard and soft targets are all part of this trainer mission. As well, there are radio commands - Alpha and Bravo - respectively that will allow you to kill Tail Rotor and Engine to practice your emergency recoveries. 

HOG Mechanic for ArmA 3 is included in the example mission, so make sure you take a couple repair kits to help repair your helo in the field. 

REQUIRED ADDONS:

[sP/COOP] Helicopter Training Mission Added to Armaholic Database

Thanks to Big at Armaholic for adding this mission to their database. 

Direct link to download the mission from Armaholic is here; 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29819]Helo Trainer Co-x

As an aside, I am working on a Vanilla Version of the same mission with a couple of added features. No addons will be required to play the mission. I will be posting it here in the next few days. 

Theopolus AKA JESTER at BB ArmA

Battleboys Helicopter Training Mission v.2.0

DOWNLOAD:
Helicopter Training Mission is available here; 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5xff4lmon69fl0e/BB_JC_RSRC_Helo_Trainer_Van.Altis.7z

UPDATE:

This is an updated version of the Helo Training Mission that does not require any addons. 

When Armaholic posted my first mission, I realized that I had been remiss in not offering a vanilla version that would run on any install of ArmA 3. This new version also has a new feature that allows you to practice your Sling Loading skills. 

HOG Mechanic for ArmA 3 is included in the example mission, so make sure you take a couple repair kits to help repair your helo in the field. 

REQUIRED ADDONS:
none

OPTIONAL ADDONS:
Helicopter DLC

Awesome I was hoping you would make a mod-free version. Thanks,

OP

old_painless (nice reference to Predator btw), 

thanks and glad you like the mission. give it a try and get back to me with any feedback. 

Theopolus AKA JESTER at Battleboys ArmA

Sure thing. Will get back to you. And correct about Predator, well spotted ☺

can we still use mission enhanced little birds and kunduz? or is that one outdated?

Also any chance of getting this on the steam workshop?

can we still use mission enhanced little birds and kunduz? or is that one outdated?

Also any chance of getting this on the steam workshop?

Flatbear, 

sure, absolutely, the MELB version of the mission is completely current. the only change between that one and v.2.0 is the addition of the Sling Load training component and the fact that version 2.0 is vanilla units. 

so, yes, the MELB version is fine. as far as Steam Workshop goes, version 2.0 is on the workshop - check here; 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=558829884

• Like 1

Flatbear, 

sure, absolutely, the MELB version of the mission is completely current. the only change between that one and v.2.0 is the addition of the Sling Load training component and the fact that version 2.0 is vanilla units. 

so, yes, the MELB version is fine. as far as Steam Workshop goes, version 2.0 is on the workshop - check here; 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=558829884

ah ok thanks, and where do we put the downloaded folder? does it go in the arma missions folder? there isnt a .pbo in it.

ah ok thanks, and where do we put the downloaded folder? does it go in the arma missions folder? there isnt a .pbo in it.

it's a mp mission, made with the mp mission editor. your default path will likely be "C:\Users\ProfileName\Documents\Arma 3 - Profile\Flatbear\mpmissions". 

Put the mission folder in there and it will be available when you launch the game and follow the path; "Play - Multiplayer - New - Altis - BB_JC_RSRC_Helo_Trainer_Van.Altis". 

That will bring the mission up and allow you to play it or host it locally, whichever you please. 

Hope that helps, 

• Like 1