Sign in to follow this  
READTHESCROLL

Problems mounting P: drive

I want to learn about terrain creation so I started watching CAPTNCAPS terrain vids on youtube, but I cant get past the first step lol. Whenever I click on P: Drive (DevP) I get an error that says

DevP was unable to find your P Drive path

I have tried manually specifying the file paths in the settings.ini but always get the same error. Had this problem on both the regular A3Tools and the dev branch of A3Tools.

Also tried using the ArmaWorkSwitcher.bat in the ATLAS tutorial but I get an error that says

'subst' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Created A3 P:\ Drive

Press any key to continue...

But I have no P: drive in my computer. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Run Arma 3 Tools. 'Mount P drive' is in the last four buttons at the bottom of the frame under 'Other'.

have you updated mikeros tools recently?

i had this trouble where the tools changed my PATH and i coudnt instal P:

have you updated mikeros tools recently?

i had this trouble where the tools changed my PATH and i coudnt instal P:

I have actually. Just updated them a few days ago.The funny thing is I've never set up a P: Drive before so there are no paths to be corrupted..? Starting fresh. Til yesterday I just used Mikeros tools for Eliteness and CfgConvert.

What mounting a P:/ drive in its simplicity is is this getting executed

subst P: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools"

Of course your Arma 3 Tools path needs to be correct, but other than that, everything should be fine with mounting your P: with this command in windows cmd as administrator. After this you might want to run Mikero's Arma3P.bat that sets up your work environment.

Correct me if I am wrong.

when I say path, I mean your system PATH

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System  advanced tab then PATH

paste what you have there.

mikeros tools have overwritten and wiped your PATH.

he says he has fixed this, alas not the case as it still wipes my path because like a idiot, I done a system restore....this restored my original [very long] PATH...DIDNT DO A BACKUP TEXT COPY....tried another tool install, then it wiped path again!

done a system restore to the same previous date but this time I didn't get my original path back so had to restore to an earlier date which worked.