raptoer

Pooter's enhanced ASR AI

On 5/2/2017 at 11:02 AM, neodyn said:

I've a few questions.

1) Do i have to deploy this mod only on my dedicated Server (Serverside only)?

2) Is "Pooter's enhanced ASR AI" a standalone AI Mod, or do i need ASR AI 3 also?

1. AI behavior is controlled by whoever their leader is. If you only care about enemy AI then you only need to put it on the server.

2, It is standalone, do not attempt to run both at once, it will not go well.

• Like 1

I use Pooters enhanced ASR AI with ACE3, RHS, Project OPFOR and ALIVE in a headless client configuration. Also the ALIVE SKILLAI module is not placed in the mission. The server runs the mission in Veteran difficulty level.

But it seems, the AI is really stupid and easy to kill. Is there something which i have to take care?

Have you included the userconfig folder on the server too (then allow filepatching) ?

I'm thinking about adding an AI mod to my server, and this one sounds pretty good. Basically, what I'm looking for isn't necessarily more difficult AI behaviour but more interesting behaviour. Do I understand correctly that this mod would fit that bill? If so, I have two follow-up questions:

1. For small-scale coop, is it enough if this is installed on the server, or would the players also have to have it installed? (If I understand correctly, the original ASR AI 3 works best if it's installed on the clients as well, but it's not an absolute requirement.)
  2. Does the mod already work reasonably well out of the box, or would it require some setting up before it's worth using? (I don't mind tweaking the settings once I have something of an idea of what the mod is doing.)

Edit: I've just seen that the first question is answered at the top of this page. Therefore, please disregard Q1. *sheepish look*

Edited by thirith
Should've read the whole page, at least.

2 hours ago, kremator said:

Have you included the userconfig folder on the server too (then allow filepatching) ?

Yes i've created an userconfig folder. The dedi. server userconfig folder contains a folder named asr_ai3 with the file "asr_ai3_config.sqf". The file is part of Pooters enhanced Ai. 

In my server config do i have to set the filepatching option to 1 or 2 ? (see: filepatching Option).

Do i also need to run "Pooters enhanced AI" also in my headless client script?

On 5/22/2017 at 6:08 AM, neodyn said:

Yes i've created an userconfig folder. The dedi. server userconfig folder contains a folder named asr_ai3 with the file "asr_ai3_config.sqf". The file is part of Pooters enhanced Ai. 

In my server config do i have to set the filepatching option to 1 or 2 ? (see: filepatching Option).

Do i also need to run "Pooters enhanced AI" also in my headless client script?

1 or 2, but file patching isn't really neccessary.

It does have to run on the headless client though, since by definition it will be running the AI behavior.