coderedfox

[MP/SP] Rally Up! : Random missions made for small groups

RALLY UP!

Rally Up is a set of random local/short missions made for small groups. 

CORE FEATURES : 
  • Short missions for your squad.
  • Completely random based game play. (No two missions will be the same). 
  • Local tasks, less transportation usage.
  • Decentralized spawn point.
  • Missions that encourage discovery. 

MISSIONS : 
- Rallyup, Ambush, Assassinate, Defend, Overwatch, Payday, Relocate, Rescue, Search, Support, and Surveillance

ADDITIONAL FEATURES : 
  • Utilizing new BIS task features.
  • Squad up with random requested AI.  
  • New locations types (Explore unknown areas of Altas).
  • Dynamic mission and squad names.
  • Designed mod free but not mod incompatible.
  • Reward missions with Arsenal.

DOWNLOAD : UPDATED 2015 10 11
Steam Workshop:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=540777252

Armaholic mirror: Rally Up Co-x

"I’d like to share with the community my random missions. I’ve always loved the random missions generators like Patrol Ops, SecOps, DUWS and others.

The basic idea is to create a bunch of short missions that can be played for an hour or two. I started coding my own in hopes of learning the ARMA language and also to brushing up on my other programming projects."

Come play @ 8.6.15.232:2302 

• Like 2

Nice. Been meaning to try this.

Regarding this quote from you on Steam in response to a question about a possible 'end game state:'

CodeRedFox [author] Nov 1 @ 2:54pm

It will just keep scaling enemy numbers and skill until you stop (I should probably put a hard limit on that)

Did you ever end up implementing the hard limit (assuming you're keeping it persistent and actually not adding in a "mission complete.")? And is save/resume in SP available?

Nice. Been meaning to try this.

Regarding this quote from you on Steam in response to a question about a possible 'end game state:'

Did you ever end up implementing the hard limit (assuming you're keeping it persistent and actually not adding in a "mission complete.")? And is save/resume in SP available?

The hard limit was introduced which is about 50 units (give or take). At the end of each mission units outside of your AO will be removed/cleaned up. Its more to keep the server running well.

As far as saving I haven't tried the save feature yet. Mostly because I'm not sure how the scripting side of saving missions work (Will it restart all the scripts?). It is something I'm I will look into.

A new mission was added that will transport all the players and AI to a distant location. This is one to clean up the area of objects and two to move the players to a new AO so they wont lose interest or get board with the area..

Hello, nice mission. I've been having a blast trying this alone. I have added my own assets to play against my faction and ported this mission to Takistan. I saw I have to create the new locations again.

I have to question so far:

1. Is it dedicated server compatible?

2. How do I desactivate the random place start? I want to set a FOB with all my vehicles and stuff.

Armaholic mirror file is 404, not found.

Sorry, it's fixed now.

Hello, nice mission. I've been having a blast trying this alone. I have added my own assets to play against my faction and ported this mission to Takistan. I saw I have to create the new locations again.

I have to question so far:

1. Is it dedicated server compatible?

2. How do I desactivate the random place start? I want to set a FOB with all my vehicles and stuff.

Locations : I've introduced a map check that should bypass the new locations if its not Altis. I will look into other maps down the road as well.

Dedicated: Yes I have it running on a server as we speak

Random places Spawn: To be honest without the random spawns the mission wont clean up properly AND they will all be very local all the time. What you could is is in the Init.sqf file is after the [] execVM "RallyUp.sqf"; call is add in this :

// You can add other scripts here

//adds a delay for the spawn system to start correctly
Sleep 10;
 // This should add another spawn point at your predefined position [x,y,z]
[west, [14700,16700,0] ] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition; // Airport terminal
[west, [23499,18400,0] ] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition; // Almyra Salt Flats
[west, [3499,12999,0] ] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition; // City of Kavala

This would keep the random spawn working correctly and give you a static spawning area.

• Like 1

If the above doesnt work on a server you might just need to wrap it in a server only command

if (isServer) then {
//adds a delay for the spawn system to start correctly
    Sleep 10;
     // This should add another spawn point at your predefined position [x,y,z]
    [west, [14700,16700,0] ] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition; // Airport terminal
    [west, [23499,18400,0] ] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition; // Almyra Salt Flats
    [west, [3499,12999,0] ] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition; // City of Kavala
};
  • Like 1